I) OF CRUSHES AND CONSOLATIONS.

Mom... I think I have a gay crush on your husband.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  1/4          Of Crushes and Consolations.

 

 

 

Again, it was one of those days when they were scheduled for a group appearance on Weekly Idol and Jimin had found himself cowering in embarrassment in the corner of the 3rd floor basement set, as their leader humbly and naively begun dancing at the request of two cheeky MC’s.

 

Stupidly, their leader agreed in the fit of the moment, in which Jimin was sure his mind was not completely present and naturally the group begun to disperse towards the sides of the room, fleeing the upcoming destruction that would be bestowed as soon as Rap Monster were to start his exorcism.

 

Yes. Exorcism. It wasn’t as if the all black long sleeved clothing laced with useless ribbons hanging off it helped the look at all. All, which was, topped off with a confused candy flossed haired man, whom innocently begun swinging his arms around in a blow up doll motion that neither Suga nor Jungkook could bare to look at for more than a millisecond.

 

It crossed his mind that Suga had probably debated his whole life purpose in that moment, whether it was really worth coming all the way from Daegu to see this sort of atrocity from his best friend just to get his music heard.

 

Jungkook probably regretted the countless amounts of times he expressed their leader as the one he looked up too, because this was plain ridiculous and Jimin gets it.

 

Just enough for there to be a stabbing pain in his heart, as he watched their leader simply make a fool of himself at the entertainment of the MC’s with those stupid forced facial expressions he used, when he no longer knew what to do. Jimin wanted nothing more but to run up to him and coddle him in his arms just because.

 

On the other hand, it also had him wondering how in the world he’d developed such a crush on the dorkiest and derpiest person he had ever met in his life, aside from V and J-Hope – also known as dumber and dumbest – Apparently, he’s considered the ‘Dumb’ one. Strange.  As for reasons why, he shall not elaborate on. Ask Suga.

 

Honestly, he had no clue as to when this so called ‘crush’ began, all he knew is, one moment he was perfectly straight fanboying to Taeyang and Trey Songz, with an equally common interest in girl groups along with J-Hope and the forever-innocent Jungkook. – Whom has still yet to understand the amount of suggestiveness harboured in J-Hope’s love for girl groups and to be honest it’s quite saddening.

 

Then the next he would be walking around with a pink face that really doesn’t compliment the colour of his ginger hair, if Rap Monster were so much as to smile within his direction and then he’d be smiling like an idiot whenever their leader were to act silly, as if it was meant for him.

 

He’d purr into the touch like a tabby cat when their leader would do something as simple as grazing his body with his fingers or affectionately rub his back. It was getting to the point where such actions would get him aroused and fast at that.

 

In the past few months, Jimin had found that the amount of times he had rushed to the bathroom because of Namjoon’s smile, dimples, fingers, body, voice and just every little thing about the said man had already surpassed the number of fingers he had.

 

Again, Jimin could never actually source how the feelings came about, but he could certainly point the finger at a certain trio for forcefully prodding, poking and provoking those feelings into the unsalvageable and unexplainable. If anything were to happen in their group because of those feelings, then they were certainly at fault.

 

Because Jimin was perfectly able to conduct his life without constantly streaming Rap Monster’s mixtapes and music videos, however if it was not for a certain maknae’s admiration with Rap Monster’s ‘charisma’ and ‘awesomeness’ he would have never bothered to check out their leader’s music.

 

By the end of the mixtape, mind you going through 17 songs is no joke; over an hour of his life, Jimin had found himself plunging him further into an abyss of overwhelming feelings that a supposedly straight male certainly should not feel for another. Making life worse for himself, Jimin had checked the comment section crammed with Rap Monster’s fangirls finding that too many of them mirrored his feelings.

 

That aside, never ever in his entire life, had Jimin expected to be obsessed with someone’s social media platform or anything forum wise related to a person that was not himself.

 

After a few months, it finally settled in and Jimin now painfully admits that he’s a stalker and worse, stalking someone he’s living with. He’s learnt too much that it’s beginning to creep him out and J-Hope is all to blame for that…

 

 

Entirely.

 

 

With his elder friend’s addiction of being the group monitor; which he was sure was the manager’s job, in addition to being choreograph manager, J-hope consistently kept praising the leader’s improvement and growth, be it in Namjoon’s presence or not.

 

Jimin being the weak soul felt inattentive to the changes in their group; forget the group, Namjoon in particular and begun to open his eyes more and using his resources –Thank you social media and fangirls.

 

Lastly, Kim ing Taehyung, whom loves everything and anything about Namjoon and Namjoon who feels the same about Taehyung. Mind you, they’re like siblings –They even have the same surname.

 

By default, Taehyung is his best friend; the one he could be comfortable without having to worry about honorifics or generation gaps, they were always together and Taehyung ensured that Namjoon was in close proximity.

 

Jimin shouldn’t be mad, yet he really was, why else wouldn’t he, he was spending all day next to his ‘help me, I’m-rapidly-growing-feelings-for-you’ crush, who's roaming hands were like a bulldozer always grabbing the right bits at the wrong time for the wrong reasons and Jimin really likes it. 

 

So much so that he could no longer bear being in the same room Namjoon, after almost the day he jokingly spanked him and not in an innocent way –In no way does he have a kink, he just really needs to stay away from Tumblr and fics.   

 

So technically, it was all Kim Taehyung’s fault, that he was now carrying a face staining, jean straining and boxer soiling crush on their so-called leader, Kim Namjoon.

 

As Trey Songz once preached it, Namjoon was certainly giving him hard times, metaphorically and literally.

 

 

--------

 

 

Thus would clearly explain how the following week Jimin ended up in an awkward ‘desk-between-us’ situation, sitting directly in front of their eldest member, in a cramped Bangtan room, surrounded by a heavy tense atmosphere that hindered any form of proper communication between people.

 

Jimin needed a consolation…

 

 

Some advice…

 

 

But mainly Jesus.

 

 

…and Kim Seokjin was one of the only other people in the group, who was responsible, caring and certainly wouldn’t take other’s miseries and use it for their own entertainment, as much as the rest of the group would do.

 

Jimin grimaced at J-Hope looking at him surprise before laughing in his face,

 

Taehyung saying ‘Really’ three billion times before asking Namjoon whether it was true,

 

Jungkook going ‘eww’ before being a terrible wingman snickering as he practically shoved him into Namjoon and Suga smirking as he told Namjoon in his presence.

 

If they had a problem, then Jin was definitely the ‘go-to-guy’, the mother, the one to talk to, if not Namjoon...

 

...Which, obviously was completely out of the question.

 

 

Jimin twisted the rings around his fingers, as he desperately tried to create the perfect sentences to say, though his nerves were beginning to get the best of him. He was unsure whether it was because he felt tense with Jin observing him like a hawk or because he could hear Namjoon laughing huskily in the room next door. Which probably meant he was composing or something and most likely in the company of Suga or Supreme boi.

 

Bravely; or possibly even shamelessly, Jimin called Jin out for this ‘talk’ without a concrete plan, an approach or even just a simple speech, that aside he was beyond nervous, uneasy and restless, as if he were walking on a mine field and he had yet to broach the matter.

 

His palms were sweating heavily, so much so, that they could probably leave wet marks if he kept rubbing them against his jeans. His throat burnt from the dryness, not even their tedious and endless vocal sessions have ever left him like this. At this rate, he was going to die from the anxiety.

 

Jin had found Jimin’s sudden strange behaviour much too questionable. All of it. Rubbing his chin in both thought and as a form of self-enlightenment, Jin begun to evaluate his deductions of the entirety of the unusual situation.

 

He’d already considered it completely unorthodox for Jimin to go out of his way to talk to him, alone at that. It’s not that they didn’t talk. They did, but not seriously. Jimin was like the little brother whom he’d entertain a little while before they went back to their separate cliques, age friends. Socially, they were just on different wavelengths. 

 

His eyes kept darting towards door wondering when the highlight of this prank would be and all hell was going to break loose with V, Jungkook and unsurprisingly J-hope; the terror squad he calls them, would bust in here like the bunch of crazies they are.

 

Though he’d found the more he focused on the younger in front of him, the more he found Jimin's physical behaviour just as strange. He was nervous, perhaps even more than on their first live stages, unable to remain in his seat, constantly looking around the room commenting on things deemed as unnecessary in Jin’s books.

 

That aside, Jimin had grown a strange habit of wiping his palms on his bouncing thighs before resting them on the sofa once more, grinning and biting at his lip like an idiot.

 

Jin raised a brow –something was definitely up with this kid.

 

Jimin cleared his throat, debating on how he should break the news of his sudden crush on Namjoon to Jin. Somehow, it seemed safer to beat around the bush on the other hand, he was sure that if he did so, Jin would see through his blatant lies and become suspicious and annoyed, not only that but Jimin feared if he was not clear enough, he wouldn’t get adequate help like,

 

‘Don’t worry Jimin-ah; it’s simply just a phase…’

 

 

‘We all go through it…’

 

 

‘It will blow over soon…’

 

 

Yeah, just like he did in pants every time he envisioned Namjoon smiling.

 

On that note alone, Jimin was more than sure that it was not just a simple crush.

 

 

On the other hand, if he were straightforward with it all, would the group look at him differently?

 

 

Would they distance themselves from him because he’d lost control and fallen for one of them?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter