Chapter 2

One Twin Too Many

"Oh, no. I'm not lending you Oh Sehun. No way," Taeyeon declared, shaking her head. She crossed her arms firmly over her chest.

"Why not?" Seohyun pleaded. "Why should I?" Taeyeon argued. "He's already got a good idea for the history project, and he doesn't care if he has to do most of the work."

"Come on," Seohyun begged. "You know how much I like him. And you're my sister! You've got to make a deal with me! You've got to let me borrow him."

Taeyeon thought for a minute. "Okay, we can make a deal," she agreed with a small smile. "But 'borrow' isn't the word I'd use."

"What is the word?" Seohyun asked. "'Buy'!" Taeyeon declared. "If you want Sehun, you're going to have to pay for him, big time!"

Seohyun didn't even bother asking Taeyeon how much. Whatever it was, it was going to be worth it. "No problem," Seohyun said. "Wait right here. I'll get my wallet."

But before she could make her way toward her seat, Miss Sandara was calling the class to order. "Class, you have five more minutes for discussion," Miss Sandara announced. "Then we'll have to move on to chemistry review."

Seohyun changed direction quickly. "Only five minutes left to be alone with Sehun!" she announced to her sister. "I'll pay you later." Then she added, "Oh, by the way, Jonghyun is waiting for you in my seat!"

Seohyun zoomed over to the windows as fast as she could. She put her sweetest smile. "Hi, Sehun," she said. "Uh, there's been a change in plans. Taeyeon and I had to switch partners for the history project because of....uh....because of her basketball schedule."

"Huh?" Sehun looked confused. "I don't get it. Why does her basketball schedule have anything to do with the history project?"

Don't make this hard for me! Seohyun thought.

"Who knows?" Seohyun muttered. "You'll have to ask her about that. Anyway, since we're sisters, I was more than happy to help her out!"

"Okay," Sehun agreed. "What do you want to do for our project?"

"I don't know." Seohyun replied, staring dreamily at his light brown hair.

Right now, I can't think of a thing! Seohyun realized. I can't remember  a single historical event. I can't even remember who won the Revolutionary War!

"Uh.....do you have any ideas?" she finally managed to say.

"Yeah," Sehun nodded. "I was sort of thinking of something to do with Lewis and Clark."

A famous historical twosome? Seohyun thought. She liked the sound of that.

"Great!" Seohyun agreed quickly. "Two people who made history together. I like the way you think!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I am so brilliant!" Seohyun announced as she and Taeyeon waltzed in the door after school that day. Eunji, the twins' twenty-three-years-old baby-sitter glanced up from the textbook she was reading.

Eunji was a student in a science class that the twins' father taught at college. That's how Mr.Kim met Eunji. Taeyeon and Seohyun convinced their father to hire her as their baby-sitter soon after that. Ever since the twins' mother died three years ago, Mr.Kim needed someone to be there when the girls came home from school. Eunji was their best baby-sitter so far. She helped Taeyeon with her jumpshot, and Seohyun with her clothes. They both loved having her around.

"Okay, I'll bite," Eunji said. "Tell us, Seohyun. Why are you brilliant this time?"

"Because," Seohyun explained, "when Miss Sandara assigned partners for our history project, I made sure I got teamed up with Oh Sehun!"

Eunji raised her eyebrows. "Wow!" she exclaimed. "How did you manage that?"

"She paid his first partner to trade with her," Taeyeon answered. "Smart," Eunji said. "How much?"

Taeyeon pulled a bill out of her jeans pocket and waved it around.

"200 dollars!" she announced triumphantly. "Not bad." Not bad at all. Eunji closed her textbook and tossed it aside on the couch.

"Hmmm," she muttered thoughtfully. "Maybe I should try that. There's a cute guy in your dad's class I'd love to spend some time with. I wonder who his lab partner is."

Cute? Seohyun thought. I bet he's not as cute as Sehun!

Seohyun danced around the living room dreamily, clutching her backpack in her arms. But in her mind, it wasn't a backpack at all. She was actually dancing with Oh Sehun.

Eunji smile at ther. "You've had a crush on Sehun for a long time, haven't you?" she commented. "Yeah," Taeyeon answered sarcastically. "Tomorrow's their one-month anniversary. Of course, she'll be the only one celebrating, because Sehun has no idea he's in a relationship!"

"Most of men don't," Eunji joked. "So Seohyun, what are you making for your project?" "A map tracing the Lewis and Clark expedition," Seohyun announced proudly.

Eunji nodded. "I like it!" she said, sounding impressed. " And what are you making, Taeyeon?"

"How should I know?" Taeyeon snapped. "It's not even due till next week!"

I wish it weren't due till next year! Seohyun thought. Then Sehun and I could work on this project together for months and months!