Coming Home

Spotless Mind

 A black limousine stopped at the main entrance of Mercutio Hotel. A supervisor instantly approached the vehicle. When the window of the back seat went down, as if on reflex, the supervisor and the other staff behind him bowed. A young looking man wearing a sunglass was revealed to them.

"Welcome to Mercutio." The supervisor's greeting.

"Where's the red carpet?" The young man inquired. The supervisor looked at him quizzically.

"I won't leave the limo until a red carpet is set up where I can walk on." The young man said a matter of factly.

"Sir, a red carpet entrance is reserved only for state guests." The supervisor explained politely.

"I am a state guest. A rock star like me deserve a grand entrance." The young man countered.

Five minutes later, the young man in black was walking along the red carpet with the hotel staff in tow. His hands were inside the pockets of his coat. At his back was a black guitar case he insisted on carrying on his own even if the staff offered to help him with it.

"I will book your most expensive suite." The young man stated in a matter of fact tone.

"For how many days Sir?" The receptionist asked.

"I will stay indefinitely." The young man replied as he roamed his sunglass-covered eyes around the hotel's interior as if inspecting something.

"What's your name Sir?" The receptionist inquired politely.

"I can't believe that you don't know who you're talking too." The young man said in mock surprise. The receptionist apologized immediately.

"You should listen very carefully as I introduce myself." The young man warned. He then turned to look at the other staff that have been eavesdropping since he came.

"I am...Jung...Joon...Young." The young man removed his sunglasses with his left hand and used it to point to the logo of Mercutio behind the counter. "The heir of Mercutio."

"Jung Joon Young-sshi." A female voice echoed through the silence. Joon Young smirked before turning to the person who just called him.

"Jung Yoo Mi noona." He replied smiling much to the shock of the hotel staff present. He dared speak informally to the first and only female and youngest General Manager in Mercutio's history.

"Let's talk." Yoo Mi said coldly. Still smiling, Joon Young followed her.

"What do you think of my comeback? Rock and roll right?" Joon Young said playfully as soon as Yoo Mi faced him.

"Or it would have been better if I acknowledged you in another way." Yoo Mi glared at him.

"Perhaps, you preferred me addressing you 'Yeobo'." Joon Young laughed at his own statement. Yoo Mi just stared at him coldly.

"Why are you here?" The first out of the many questions Yoo Mi wanted to ask.

"Because...it's better to be late than never." Joon Young answered with a smile.

"It's time to claim..." Joon Young moved closer to Yoo Mi as she instictively walked backwards. "...what's mine."

"What do you plan to do?" Yoo Mi said as their faces were just an inch a part.

"To make you fall." Joon Young replied as their noses touched.

"The most expensive suite will do for now while you arrange for our permanent living arrangement." Joon Young continued as he walked away from Yoo Mi.

"What? Our permanent living arrangement?" Yoo Mi asked confused.

"Don't tell me you really need an elaboration. A married couple should live together, isn't it?" Joon Young smirked at her.

"The employees will know about our real relationship soon. Why not we begin dropping hints now? Let's talk informally and call me in an endearing way." Joon Young added.

"Yah! Jung Joon Young!" Yoo Mi snapped.

"Why? This is not going according to your plan?" Joon Young teased.

"You better be ready because I will gonna rock your world Yoo Mi." He then winked at her.