Final

Starless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s with the sky?”

The question doesn’t bother him from holding his head high; eyes wandering the starless dark horizon above.

She looks at his pair of wild eyes; at the insanity that slowly fills the emptiness, fills the silence between the two. He doesn’t move, and so does she.

Moon being the only thing to be looked at among the darkness. Fingers slowly brushing against each other as they sit side by side, 2 pair of eyes traveling the empty night sky.

“There’s nothing with the sky,” he starts laughing as soon as a thin layer of night clouds is hovering on top of the moon.

She looks to her side, looking at the guy who still has his signature ugly grin on his face while having that overly concentrated eyes fixed on the nothing on his night sky. She learns to understand his antics a long long ago. But never—not even once, gets used to the amused yet annoyed lingering feeling off of her beating heart.

“There must be something, Vernon,” she insists, looking back at his night sky. “We’re sitting on this empty road. There must be something.”

“I’m looking for the stars,” he looks up even higher, eyes even wilder than what they already are. He bits his lower lip. The colors on his father’s jacket he’s wearing matches the road lamps on the background of his sitting figure.

He’s an art you can find in an empty night road.

“We’re sitting here because I’m looking for the stars,” he continues.

“Well yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter