Sneak Out

I DARE YOU to Stay in a Boys' High School for 30 Days [An Interactive Story]

With her toothbrush in one hand, Yoojin rummaged her drawer for a stack of rough paper and a pen she kept in there for convenience. As she brushed her teeth, she kneeled on the wooden floorboard and scribbled on the piece of paper at top speed.

 

 

Dear Father and Mother,

           Calm down and read this – it won’t take too long of your time.

          A lifetime-worth opportunity opened up and I’d to seize it in the nick of time. Everything had been in a rush, but don’t worry, I’m perfectly secure and I would send a note back home explaining the consequences in details soon.

         In the meantime, remember to take good care of yourself. I would be back soon, and I love you!

                                                                                                                        Love,
                                                                                                                                    Lil’ Jinjin

 

 

After taking a quick shower, Yoojin changed into casual clothing – a white hoodie and black sports pants. She looked out from her bedroom window on the second storey of her house and gulped, cancelling out the option of sneaking out from her window.

 

Stealthily, she wheeled her luggage stately across the wooden floor, desperately imploring that the floor would not make a sound as much as a creak. She tip-toed as she carried the heavy luggage with both of her hands down the staircase, the luggage threatening to fall out of her grip anytime.

 

“Pangg!!” Yoojin’s heartbeat stopped in conjunction with the luggage which skidded to a stop. She froze on the spot and held her breath, hoping that her parents would not come rushing out to check on the happenings in the house.

 

They did not.

 

Strangely, she felt somewhat disappointed. Yet, deciding that it was safe to leave the house, Yoojin gracefully lifted her luggage and stealthily moved across the living room then through the door. As she left her bunch of keys on the countertop by the door, a spasm of sadness gushed inwards. She wouldn’t need it for an entire month. Swiftly brushing her cheek with the back of her hand, Yoojin gave the place where she had grown up in one last look and strode into the sunlight, holding the urge to look back…

 

Orientation at Seoul Boarding School for Boys wasn’t until the respective evening. She left home early because she did not want to get caught by her parents, that, and she needed to get her hair cut short. She decided to take a bus to the town area since she did not want to risk visiting the hair parlor she often had her haircut in the neighborhood she lived in.

 

Expensive-looking hair salons mushroomed in the town area, she would have loved to scrutinize the details of the interior designs; not in the mood for it, Yoojin simply picked one by random and entered. She had her eyes shut throughout the haircut; she would not provide herself with the tiniest gap to regret. She did not even bother to take a look in the mirror after the haircut.

 

Yoojin was terribly hungry as she did not manage to have any breakfast earlier – she was desperate to find a place to fulfill her hunger. However, before she exited the hair salon, she recognized the school badge on the blazer a tall boy was wearing.

 

 

Yoojin hesitated for a while, and then took a step towards…

 

(a)
an available seat at the waiting area of the salon. She yearned to talk to the boy, but she could not muster the courage to. Perhaps she would stay and watch him for a little while before deciding her next step.
Minho

*coming soon

 

 

(b)

the entrance of the hair salon. A future school mate wasn’t worthy of her skipping her wonderful breakfast for. She wanted coffees and muffins; not a lover or a companion though cute he may look.
the rest of SHINee

*coming soon

 

 

P.S. For those following the hints, choose either one if neither leads to your choice for the meantime.