His Surprise; Her Bewilderment

I DARE YOU to Stay in a Boys' High School for 30 Days [An Interactive Story]

The peace of dawn was broken by a loud thump in the dormitory which five Nu’est members share. JR silently cursed himself as he furiously fumbled around the top of his bedside table for his shrieking cell phone.

 

Managing to answer the phone on time, he leaned against the side of his bed and awkwardly rubbed his backside – it was probably bruised from his falling off his bed, good thing pants were invented so that nobody could see anyone’s backside, including his bruised one.

 

“Ouch!” JR groaned as a pillow was tossed into his face. He gritted his teeth as he whipped his head around to glare at Ren who was comfortably cuddling under warm blankets. Ren looked into JR’s eyes, innocently batting his eyelashes as if he had not just committed a crime. “Leaders shouldn’t be inappropriate in the presence of the younger.” Ren pointed out JR’s embarrassing gestures with a smile, looking even guiltless.

 

With the cell phone still attached to his ear, JR forced himself upright and playfully lifted a leg to kick Ren’s backside in return. Ren instinctively scrambled under the covers. JR was going to hop onto the covers with Ren beneath when he heard a seemingly-familiar voice from the other end of the line…

 

 

 

 

“JR?” The caller was obviously a young girl.

 

“You are?” JR raised his eyebrow, attempting hard to recognize the voice.

 

“A psychotic fan girl of yours who had been stalking you for years.” JR’s eyes widened in horror due to the unexpected reply. He was going to click his phone off before she urgently hissed, “Yoojin.”

 

His breathing rate increased and he started pacing up and down. “Err… Hey, how are you… and mum and dad?” Struggling to compose himself, he strode from the bedroom into the kitchen, from the kitchen onto the open balcony, from the balcony to the living room. That was when he caught sight of the clock rhythmically ticking on the wall, reminding him that he was late for his practice schedule!

 

Catching up with his long-lost younger sister was done as he hobbled around the place, dug through his wardrobe for fresh clothes and got ready to leave the dormitory.

 

Yoojin had spent years trying to track her brother’s whereabouts. Her attempts were fruitless until a rookie group named Nu’est debuted in early 2012. Finally succeeding to contact her elder brother, she was determined to confront him to return home. It had been three years since JR ran away from home after an argument with his parents; and his parents had been unhappy since.

 

In his ration, he couldn’t find his heart to turn down her request; in his rebel, he refused to return home, at least not with ease.

 

Being the failed multi-tasker he was at the moment, he gurgled of what sounded like a deal into his cell phone as he gargled his mouth in the midst of brushing his teeth. “Huh?” Came Yoojin’s puzzled tone.

 

“Hang on.” JR managed, followed by a few seconds of pause. When JR was done with the gargling and expressed his message clear and unmistakable, Yoojin froze on the spot; her extreme shock reflected by the mirror she was standing in front of.