love is timeless

gemini

 

my sun, my moon: a day in their lives

 


 

 

 

7:30


seulgi blinks. the bright beams of the sun shine through the thin fabric of the pastel yellow curtains. she checks the pink miniature alarm clock placed beside her bed. 7:30, it reads.

she veers her gaze to her left, where he is. she's pretty sure he's still asleep - it's not hard to tell from his slow but rhythmic breathing, closed eyes, and slightly parted lips.

it's a curiosity how she's able to see so many other sides of him when he's not awake. his soft, pink hued hair looks even softer in the morning light, and his bangs are slightly ruffled- concealing the right half of his eyes. 

seulgi finds herself brushing them aside, slowly, gently, as to not wake him. but he does anyway.

 

he doesn't open his eyes. instead, his lips curve into a light, endearing smile; he simply shifts, extends his arms towards her and pulls her closer to him, so she's in his arms. seulgi doesn't protest. she doesn't need to.

there are no words needed.

perhaps, they can sleep for another hour.

 

 

 

11:15

 

yoongi's in his composition major class, but he's not paying attention. he's busy doing something else.

[from: s.] done with the last customer! for now, anyway.

she works two shifts a day in starbucks- once in the morning, once in the afternoon. yoongi wonders how she can handle four hours of coffee-making per day three times a week - plus her busy college schedule. she's a wonder to him, always.

[to: s.] what did the person order?
 

she replies almost instantly.
 

[from: s.] a caramel macchiato. why though?

[to: s.] just curious. speaking of caramel macchiatos, i've actually never tried one.

[from: s.] what? how could you!! it's one of the best drinks to ever exist.
 

a soft laugh escapes from him. she's adorable.
 

[from: s.] but even if you did, i doubt you'd like it. it's sweet, and i know sweet's not your thing.

[from: s.] aha, don't i know you so well.


she does.
 

[to: s.] i could still always try. wouldn't hurt, right. 

[from: s.] don't say i didn't warn you, mister.

[from: s.] and aren't you supposed to be in class? stop texting me, stupid. we can talk again later, when we have all the time in the world.
 

all the time in the world. yoongi likes the sound of that.

but honestly, yoongi doesn't care, class and all. how can he, when it's her? 

but he's pretty sure she'll scold him if he keeps on messaging her. so for the final hour of the lecture, he listens, though she's still on his mind for half of the time.

 

 

 

1:13

 

seulgi's on a lunch break with her best friends: soojung and taehyung. they've known each other since their diaper days, but it's been a quite a while since they've last had a get-together. all of them are so busy with part time jobs and college, it's hard to make time for anything.

still, it's definitely nice to be talking to each other and catching up on everything that's happened. they talk about anything that occurs to them- from school gossip to what happened yesterday.

the topic somehow conveniently shifts to their love lives. soojung complains about how this guy named kai is flirting with her and coincidentally showing up in her favorite places. taehyung snorts at this, pointing out that he saw soojung actually accepting his date invitation rather eagerly. of course, soojung denies any of this. but her friends know otherwise.

and since the topic is about love, seulgi's ongoing romance cannot be brushed aside.

"how're you and mr. you-know-who, by the way?" soojung inquires, sipping an ice-cold blueberry latte. she gives her friend a knowing smirk.

seulgi feels her face warm up, and a light pink tints her cheeks. "we're good," she mumbles, suddenly feeling a tad embarrassed.

"good? that better not be all that i'm going to hear, not after all i've done for the past year," voices taehyung rather indignantly. he cuts a piece of the steak on his plate and chews on it, hard, to emphasize his point. "details, seul, details," he says. soojung nods at this as well.

seulgi smiles sheepishly. taehyung's the one who played the catalyst in allowing her current relationship to bloom - a role he willingly accepted at the time, being friends with the both of them.

"i don't know what details would do you justice though," seulgi says thoughtfully. "we're honestly just like any other boyfriend and girlfriend on this planet."

"try a lyrical, poetic interpretation then, you took AP literature in high school." the girl almost snorts at soojung's suggestion, but decides to give it a try.

she thinks about how it feels to be around him. how it feels to see him at the end of her day, how it feels to run into his arms. how it feels to see his lovely smile, his tinkling laugh, his eyes staring into hers.

"he's the moon in my sky."

in darkness, he shines in that breathtaking, ethereal way of his. he shines for her.

 

 

 

3:49


yoongi does a double take as he sees a small collection of handmade, caramel colored teddy bears exhibited for purchase. it's in one of the school's booths for the annual club festival.

he only came to the festival because he's part of the performing act for the music show. he's sort of disappointed that she can't make it, but he didn't really show it when she told him.

she made him promise to send a recording of it though, but the performance is still more than ten minutes away; and so he's looking through the various booths set up by the school clubs. he has nothing better to do. he could just stand and wait around, but that's something his friend daehyun would probably bug him about. go out and socialize, that kind of thing.

the teddy bears, in yoongi's thoughts, were totally her. as in, they totally reminded him of her. being together with her for nearly a year has brought him to know her inside and out, including her infatuations for cute things. collecting cute things of all colors, shapes, and sizes was just the kind of hobby she was into. hell, the teddy bears even looked like her- the bears reminded him of the way her eyes curved into crescent moons when she smiled.

he isn't sure, though, whether she's into teddy bears. the last time he saw her obsess over something like this was almost five months before. a second ago, he was thinking of buying one, but now, he's second guessing himself.

just when he's in a little dilemma, a girl pops up from the other side of the booth and hops next to him.

"hello, welcome!" she's wearing a name tag that says son wendy. yoongi guesses she owns the booth. "are you here to buy something?"

a slight moment of hesitation, and he nods. oh well.

"that's great!" wendy cheers. "i'm guessing you want one of these?" she nods towards the teddy bears.

yoongi shrugs, looking thoughtful. he starts, "er, you see, i'm thinking of buying something for my girlfriend. she likes cute things. well, at least i think she does. i've never seen her with a teddy bear though, and i'm not too sure on what to do." he laughs. "stupid concern, huh?"

wendy shakes her head. "not at all! it's actually pretty sweet you're considering to buy something that's handmade for her, with sentiment." she smiles brightly. "but if she likes cute things, you should definitely go for that! and considering that she's your girlfriend, even if she's not a teddy bear person, i'm pretty sure she'll be grateful enough for the thought itself as well. after all, the shape shouldn't matter, as long as it's from the heart."

for a moment, yoongi is struck with stupor. not because he's second guessing himself again, but because of how right she is. 

 

 

 

5: 38


seulgi raises her eyebrows as her cell phone buzzes with a notification. there's one message from him. she wonders what it could be.
 

[from: y.] recording.mp4 i'm keeping my promise.


a small smile spreads on her face as she taps the file.

the file is a video of him performing onstage. there he is- guitar in hand, sitting on a stool. he strikes a few chords once or twice, then begins singing.

is everything just right
don't want you thinking that I'm in a hurry
i want to stay your friend
i have this vision that has got me worried

he's no chris brown or bruno mars, but his voice has an alluring pull to it- it has its own kind of attractiveness.

 because everyone wants someone
that's one clichè that's true
the sad truth's I want no one
unless that someone's you

she finds herself immersed in every little thing he does. the way he slightly taps his foot to the beat, how his fingers move across the strings, and the smile. oh, the smile.

and looks like you
and feels like you
and smiles like you
i want someone just like you
through and through i'm forever blue
because there's no one else like


the crowd in the video seems to be feeling the same emotions as her- their cheers and hoots grow louder.

i want you in my arms
i see you in my dreams
i'm gonna make you mine
as crazy as it seems
girl, you, yes you
i need someone just like you


she is utterly lost in his voice. in him.

love me true 
i'm forever blue 
because there's no one else, 
there's no one else 
there's no one else I need 
because you're so fine, 


you're so fine

the crowd is screaming as yoongi bows slightly and smiles. he grabs the microphone again, and says one last thing that completely blows her away.

"this performance is dedicated to someone wonderful, the beautiful sun that brings dawn to my night sky. i dedicate this to my girlfriend."

 

 

 

6:47


yoongi walks down the curved streets, guitar on back and a bag in hand- which holds the sacred teddy bear. 

he hears far too familiar footsteps ahead, and no guesses are needed this time. it's her, real in the flesh. her eyes meet his, and they light up like stars.

she runs toward him, like a child who's seen candy. when he gives her the bag, she gives him a questioning stare but looks in it anyway. at seeing the caramel colored bear, her lips curl into a beautiful smile, and she throws her arms around him. he extends his arms to hug her too, finally.

they stay in the said position for a while, close enough so he hears her breathe and she hears him breathe. it's only been more or less than eleven hours since they've last seen each other, but it feels like it's been so long.

"i missed you," he whispers into her hair. she responds with a light peck on the cheek.

 

it's the usual routine, but this is what he always looks forward to in the day.

 

 

 

7:23


seulgi hums to the song he sang in the performance video unconsciously, while chopping up some vegetables to put in the evening menu of the day. dinner is a light affair for them, like always. 

unfortunately, he can't cook even if the world were to drop dead. but it's sweet how he always tries to find ways to help her- that is, when he's not terrorizing edible food.

somehow, though, this awkward, clumsy side of him has always been charming for a strange, unfathomable reason.

 

 

 

9:32
 

yoongi glances at her. she doesn't seem to be scared at all, not even when the Grudge suddenly appears on the television screen. in fact, she actually seems to be enjoying it: her pupils are glinting with excitement.

horror movies are not his favorite(no, he's not scared, of course he's not!), but he doesn't want to admit that in front of her. especially not when she's enjoying herself so much.

it's  worth forgetting when he gets to see her cute reactions anyway.

 

 

 

11:46

 

it's near midnight. seulgi feels her eyes start to close. after all, she's had a pretty tough schedule.

yoongi looks at her as she yawns. she raises his eyebrows at him, and he shrugs.

"whatever, i'm going to bed," she says. but before she can dive under the covers, he tackles her onto the bed. disgruntled, she attempts to hit him with a cushion, but her futile attempts eventually remain to be attempts.

seulgi groans. "sometimes i wish i were the guy, so you wouldn't be stronger than me."

yoongi snorts lightly, and flicks her forehead. "never say that again, miss. you're glad i'm not the female."

"why should i be?"

"because then i'd have to initiate everything."

 

before she can ask what that means, he kisses her lightly, brushing her hair aside. she's speechless for a while, and then she bursts into peals of laughter.

 

"see what i mean?" yoongi says, smirking.

"oh, shut up."

but both of them know she doesn't really mean it.

 

yoongi slips in next to her, turns off the light, and pulls up the duvet, enough so it covers their faces. the atmosphere gets warmer, and seulgi's pretty sure she would be blushing if it weren't for the lack of light.

in the privacy of the dark, he presses his lips on hers once again.

"goodnight," he says softly.

 

~

 

things that fall:
petals
teardrops
snowflakes
rain
stars
tides
eyelids
time
shadows
leaves
the sun
and i,
for you

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I gODDAMN DID THIS IN A DAY hope you ship yoonseul now ok bye excuse any mistakes ;;

IM SORTA REGRETTING THIS OMG what if it's ty sweats
p.s. the last part 'things that fall' is a poem i saw on tumblr! it's not mine, but it's absolutely cute.