I. perfect

Ameliorate ; Obliterate

The once faint sound of an obnoxiously beeping alarm clock slowly made itself more prominent by the second and Minho groaned irritably. He extended his hand to the nightstand next to him and dismissed the alarm before checking the time. 06:45 a.m. He sat up and rubbed the sleep off of his eyes before doing some small stretches. His body was sore and he was tired but he still had to get himself to work the earliest. He looked at the figure still sleeping soundly next to him. She was in a burgundy nightgown with her back facing him. He moved closer to her and kissed her on the temple. She rolled around in her sleep before opening her eyes slowly to meet his. She gave him a small smile before pulling him down with her; peppering small kisses on his neck. He closed his eyes in bliss, he never wanted to leave but he had to go to work. He reluctantly pulled away "I have to go for work."

 

"Can't you call in sick?" She pouted and took his hand, playing with his fingers. 

 

He chuckled at her antics, despite being with her for almost a whole decade, he still found her utterly beautiful and adorable.

 

"My baby, Bae Joo-"

 

"Ew, don't be such a cheeseball in the morning."

 

"Joohyun[1], I have to go to work, you know why?"

 

"Because if you don't, then we wouldn't have had all this." she said gesturing to their extravagant master bedroom.

 

He touched the tip of her nose, "Bingo."

 

"Why can't I work, though? It's not like I'm a dumb goldigger who can't do anything. I have an IQ of-"

 

"IQ of 150 which is higher than the human average of 80 to a 100. Babe, I know you're not. And you're more than capable in doing everything better than me but think about this, okay?" He said patting her slightly swollen tummy. "I don't want you to overwork yourself."

 

"It's only been 12 weeks. You're the one getting worked up over nothing, love" she patted his cheek and got out of the bed. She walked over to their shared closet and took out a white silk robe. "I'm gonna make breakfast, go get ready." He got out of bed and was headed for the bathroom, not before giving a light slap on his wife's . Minho ruffled his hair and twisted the shower knob, putting his hand out to test the temperture of the water. Once he deemed it comfortable enough for himself, he undressed himself and got into the shower.  He felt his muscles loosening up from the warm water. 

 

Perfect.

 

He had no complaints in life; to him everything was perfect. What more could he ask for? He has a beautiful wife who he loves with all his heart, a beautiful and healthy baby on the way, a wonderful, well-paid job and a place he could call home. His life was perfect. Not to mention that he's on his way of being the chairman of Jipyong[2] law firm. He was happy, beyond happy even.

 

"Minho! Don't use up the hot water again! I'm the pregnant and hormonal one, not you." he heard his wife calling out to him. He was taken out of his reverie and he turned off the shower. He wrapped his lower body up in a towel and slipped on a pair of bedroom slippers, neatly placed in front of the door for him. He walked out of the bathroom and into their joint kitchen and dining room where his wife was found with her back facing him. She was humming to a song they've been playing quite regularly on the television nowadays. Was it IU's? He wasn't sure. He inched closer towards her and caught her off guard by surprising her with a back hug. Joohyun jumped slightly, "Minho, do you want the both of us to die?" He chuckled and dug his face into her neck; inhaling her scent which he's more than familiar with. 

 

"You smell nice."

 

"Don't I always?" he replied her with a peck on her neck.

 

"What'd you make?"

 

"Nothing special, just french toast. We're out of groceries."

 

"I'll tell Alma to get some."

 

"Get them yourself after work. Alma is following me today, I need her because I want to go shopping." Minho groaned.

 

"You know, I still wonder why you insist to cook when I'm more than financially capable to hire a whole army of gourmet chefs."

 

"Mom always said that a way through a man's heart was through his stomach. I just choose to abide that. Not to mention, I'd like it for us to stay just a little bit more humble and modest."


"Humble and modest? We go to charity drives and we do voluntary work every month."

 

"That doesn't necessarily equate to humility and modesty. Stay grounded, baby. You wouldn't want to lose yourself."

 

"You're so stubborn sometimes."

 

"You still love me." Minho smiled. "Yes, I do and I always will and I don't want you to ever forget that." he kissed her on the cheek and went back to their shared bedroom to get dressed.

 

After getting dressed, he took several slices of french toast from their set table. Their maid, Alma was dusting the surfaces in their living room. He started munching on the toast while he read his copy of the paper. "Alma," he said with his mouth full.

 

"Yes, Mr Song?"

 

"Call Mr Kang. Ask him to get my car ready, will you?"

 

"Yes, Mr Song." Alma scurried out of the room. Joohyun came into the room not long after that, dressed like a million bucks from head to toe. At first glance, you wouldn't be able to tell that she was 3 months pregnant and married, because no matter how much Minho has waken up to her by his side, he never fails to see that refreshing, bright-eyed accounting major he met six years ago. 

 

"Wow, look at you. Where are you off to?"

 

"Myeongdeong[3]."

 

"With you dressed like that I think it'd be better if you go to Apgujeong[4]. Want me to call the car for you?"

 

"Don't worry about me. I told Seungyoon to get one ready for me when he came over last night."

 

Minho checked the Rolex watch on his wrist. "I have to get going now. Do you wanna get lunch together later?"

 

"I promised a few friends I'm meeting them for lunch and tea. How does dinner at Beale St.[5] at 7:45 sound like for you?" 

 

"I should be free. I'll let you know if anything comes up." He gave her a kiss on the lips before bidding goodbye. "I love you, stay safe, okay?"

 

"You need to have some trust in me." She pouted, earning a smile from him. He left their shared penthouse apartment and took the elevator down to the basement parking garage where his chauffeur and car were waiting for him. 

 

"Good morning, sir." said a man while bowing to him. Minho nodded in response as the man opened and closed the car door for him. He started the car. 

 

"Where to first, sir?"

 

"Take me to Jipyong."

 

"As you wish, sir." And with that, they were on their way. 

 

Minho thought about a lot of things on his way to work. On one hand, he was extremely grateful for the life that God has bestowed upon him but on the other, he can't help but to think that all this will be taken away from him within a blink of an eye. 

 

Little did he know, he was right.

***

A/N:

 

[1] Joohyun is Red Velvet Irene's real name. (I just picked her to potray the character of his wife because I felt that she would fit it. 

 

[2] Jipyong is a legitimate law firm in South Korea and if I'm not mistaken, it's also one of the best.

 

[3] Myeongdeong is a city in Seoul (pretty much known as a retail haven).

 

[4] Apgujeong is also a city in Seoul but it's more focused towards branded items like Chanel, Louis Vuitton etc.

 

[5] Beale St. is a really nice restaurant in Seoul.

 

The first (official) chapter is up! Honestly, I've had this idea for quite a while but I never could find the right people to write about until I got into Winner and I thought that Mino would fit this part really well. I hope that all of you enjoy the story as much as I enjoy writing it. Anyway, if there is anything regarding my writing that you would comment on, please let me know. Thank you!