o1.

Warm

                You sighed as you rested your chin on your hand. You had been "dating" YoonGi for the past two months now and it seemed as if some people were catching on that there wasn't really anything going on between the two of you. You were contemplating everything at the moment. Was your acting that bad? Not every couple had to meet everyone's expectations, people are different. So why was it bugging you so much? Was it because you actually had an eye out for another guy that now if someone found out about the two of you things wouldn't go prettily?

                You sighed again before shaking your head. Maybe you were just thinking too much.

                "You're thinking too much," YoonGi suddenly said as he slid into the chair across from you.

                You looked up at him startled before smiling lightly, "Oh hey. You just finish class?"

                "Uh yeah," he looked at you strangely before crossing his arms. "What's wrong?"

                "Nothing," you immediately replied, catching the look in his eyes.

                "You're really bad at lying you know. You know, during the two months that we've been together, I've learned a lot more about you than you think," he smirked, watching you make faces silently.

                "It's nothing," you grumbled before taking out your phone. "And you're wrong."

                YoonGi rolled his eyes and leaned forwards on his knees, rubbing his hands together as he looked around at passing students, "Well for one, you asked me a weird question which you usually wouldn't if something wasn't bugging you. Two, you said it was nothing when it's actually something because you just don't want to tell me. And three, you took out your phone to avoid going anymore into the topic."

                You looked up and glared at him before throwing your phone into your bag. Darn him and his observation skills. With a quiet huff, you walked off leaving him alone. You blatantly ignored him calling back, and it was only until you walked out of the building that you could relax. Your shoulders dropped and you felt like you could breathe again without being interrogated.

                What was his problem anyway, pushing your buttons like that. He never did that much now that you thought about it too. Did he notice something odd going on too amongst everyone? Before you could ask yourself anything else though, someone quickly ran in front of you.

                "Oh my-"

                "I'm so sorry, I've been meaning to talk to you but I just haven't had the time to yet," the girl said breathlessly. Her hair was straight down to her lower black, long and neatly cut. She had nice facial features; her eyes were a nice warm brown and her lips were full with a natural pink hue. You swore you knew the girl but you couldn't put a name on her.

                "I've just transferred here at the beginning of the month. I'm Song JooMin. We met at JiMin and TaeHyung's party not too long ago, although I didn't get a chance to properly chat with you."

                You nodded slowly as you listened to her explain, already having a feeling where everything was going.

                "Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to you again," she smiled sweetly surprising you. "I'll see you later."

                You smiled awkwardly as she waved at you before running past you when you heard her stop and greet YoonGi.

                "Oh," you chuckled, "so I was right."

                You simply shrugged and continued on your way. You pulled your jacket tighter around you as you walked back to your apartment. You didn't really care if she was interested in YoonGi. He most likely wouldn't say anything to her either.

//

                As soon as you got into your apartment, the smell of hot chocolate immediately filled your nose, letting you know that your best friend MinYoung was home. You smiled cheerfully happy to finally be back now able to flop on the couch and do nothing now that it was finally winter break.

                "So, how was your day?" MinYoung asked as she walked into the living room from the kitchen with two cups of chocolate.

                "What now?" You asked with a low groan, throwing yourself back on the couch. You really weren't enjoying all the questions today.

                "Nothing, I was just asking how your day was…" she replied before adding, "and because JooMin talked to me about talking to you…"

                "I thought so," you sighed as you got up and took the other cup from her. "Thanks."

                "Yeah no problem," she smiled as she sat down nicely on the couch beside you.

                "Nothing really, she just said she wanted to introduce herself to me," you started, catching her eye. "But we both know that she's interested in YoonGI."

                "And?" She asked obviously.

                You shrugged as you took a sip from your cup. There was really nothing to do about it. Like you weren't feeling threatened about her, but then again, you and YoonGi weren't exactly dating for real. That was when another pang of guilt hit you, considering that MinYoung didn't even know.

                "MinYoung, okay, I have to tell you something…"

                "What, that you and YoonGi aren't actually going out? I know," she chuckled, cutting you off as she put her cup down on the table.

                "What? How? When? I-"

                "It's really obvious, at least to me. I mean when you told me that the two of you were dating I believed it for a while. But then it's already been two months and you haven't talked to me about any of your dates, kissing, or . I'm your best friend, you should give me some more credit especially for not telling me the truth," she arched a brow at you as she leaned back in the couch.

                You smiled weakly before leaning back yourself, letting its puffiness envelope you.

                "Do the others know?" You asked while casting her a lost look.

                "Depends on how good YoonGi's acting is," she replied simply. "Have you two even gone out on a sincere date?"

                "MinYoung-"

                "I know, you guys are only pretending to date. Still, you guys should make it believable at least," she stared at you while you avoided her gaze.

                "That's the whole point of our relationship though. We're not supposed to have to do anything a regular couple does," you lied down on the couch, hugging one of the pillows tightly.

                "Maybe you should reconsider the whole thing…" MinYoung quietly commented before taking another sip of her chocolate.

                As much as you hated everything she was saying, you had to admit that she was right. The two of you were no more than friends and you both didn't really even do anything. Heck, you barely texted each other to see how each other was doing. It was really a wonder how everyone believed that the two of you were dating. Maybe it really was YoonGi's acting that had brought the two of you so far now that you thought about it.

//

                It had been about a week since you had that conversation with MinYoung. Nothing happened after that though even though you told her you would talk to YoonGi about it. And there was no progression with the whole JooMin thing either.

                You were currently at YoonGi's apartment, waiting for him to finish his shower. Despite not doing much as a couple, you did go to his place often to watch movies. It was something the two of you shared in common, lying down and doing nothing. It was also a great stress reliever for you to be able to watch something entertaining without being alone.

                You had had a long day and couldn't wait to get to YoonGi's place. You had gotten in with his spare key above the doorframe and made yourself comfortable. The disk was already in and the movie was on pause. You had debated on making some popcorn or hot chocolate since you were a bit hungry but didn't, deciding that YoonGi could gather the food this time once he was out the shower since you were too exhausted.

                A part of you felt guilty though since you had kind of picked a movie out of the usual genre the two of you would have chosen. It wasn't an entirely old movie considering it had been made only four years back, but you were pretty sure YoonGi wouldn't enjoy it as much as you probably would.

                The sound of the bathroom door interrupted your thoughts and brought you back to reality.

                "YoonGi," you called out to let him know you were there. "I've got the movie ready, can you grab the snacks?"

                Within a minute, he walked out from hallway with a sassy expression.

                "Lazy," you heard him grumble as he rubbed his damp hair with his towel.

                You simply chuckled at his remark before sitting up as he joined you on the couch. You immediately snuggled closer to him, placing your cheek on his shoulder, feeling the warmth from his shower seep into you.

                "You're so warm," you hummed as you let your head rest on him. He quietly sighed while letting you use him as a pillow before playing the movie.

                "What are we watching this time?" He asked as he stuffed a chip into his mouth.

                "Sunny. It's not what we usually watch but-"

                "It's a good movie," he cut you off while you looked up at him while leaving your head on his shoulder.

                "You've seen it before?"

                "Yeah, with my mom," he nodded as you turned your attention back to the screen.

                "Is it good as in people good, or like I'll like it good," you asked another question as you reached over to take some chips from the bag in his hands.

                "Both."

                "Hmkay," you yawned quickly eating the chips before snuggling closer to YoonGi.

                You had really wanted to watch the movie but you were just too exhausted. Your lids were constantly closing while you fought back big yawns since you felt bad for making YoonGi watch a movie over again which you could barely stay up for. As you began to slip into the state of sleep though, you remembered that you had to talk to YoonGi before MinYoung forced you to.

                "YoonGi."

                "Hm?"

                "Should we go out on a date?" You were almost asleep by now but you could feel how he immediately tensed up.

                "What?" He shifted slightly so you had to sit up to support your own head.

                You looked at him for a second before turning back to the screen, "I've been thinking lately-"

                "Look, we already talked this through many of times. We don't actually have to do that kind of stuff," he quickly cut you off. "And two, you know I don't see you that way."

                You were beginning to wake up from your short slumbering moments as you began to feel the anxiety and impatience build in you.

                "I know," you replied sternly before continuing, "it's just that people are starting to catch on."

                "People?" He scoffed. "Since when have we cared about people?"

                "Well, that's kind of the whole point of this fake relationship," you growled quietly.

                "Look, if you're interested in some other guy, go ahead and date him," YoonGi automatically snapped back.

                "What? I wasn't even-"

                "Oh come one, please. It's so obvious. I've seen the way you've been acting and it's not normal. If you're too afraid to admit it it's fine," he cut you off again.

                "YoonGi will you just listen to me?"

                "Will you listen to yourself? You sound ridiculous," he shot back, returning the glare you sent at him.

                "Alright then, forget about it, but what about us?" You sighed, holding back from exploding at him. There were so many ways he could have taken it so why did he take it like this? It really wasn't that big of a deal so why were the two of you arguing now.

                YoonGi closed his eyes and leaned back in the couch, exhaling loudly, "There is no us."

                You wouldn't have been able to hide the disbelief on your face if it wasn't for your anger. You didn't get why it hurt so much since he was right. There really wasn't anything there to begin with so you shouldn't have gotten so worked about it either. Of course, that would have been any other day but today.

                "Fine," you simply said before getting off the couch. You grabbed your bag before slipping on your shoes and rushing out the door. You weren't about to let him have the last laugh though, so as you walked away, you left the door open.

//

                "Are you okay?" TaeHyung asked as he plopped down in the chair across from you at the table.

                "Why?" You grumbled as you flipped to the next page in your textbook.

                He chuckled lowly before leaning in, resting his chin in his hands, "Well, you're hair doesn't usually look this bad. Nor do the bags under your eyes ever look this dark. Also, you literally have like this dark aura emanating around you."

                Your eyes widened as you looked up at him in surprise, "Really?"

                He nodded seriously with a thin smile before you frowned and returned to your work.

                "It doesn't matter anyway," you sighed as you flipped the page again.

                "Are you even studying?" He asked as you threw him a look before he corrected himself. "Are you even trying?"

                "No," you blatantly answered, shutting the book with a loud bang while ignoring the looks of disapproval from other students in the library too.

                "Come on really?" TaeHyung hummed as he took the book from in front of you. "Here, let's go for a walk."

 

 

                You couldn't deny that you were happy TaeHyung had taken you out for breather. If not, you most likely wouldn't have done so for yourself. You honestly could feel yourself relaxing again, but the moment that you saw him you felt a black cloud swirl around you again.

                "What's wrong?" TaeHyung asked in confusion when you grabbed his arm holding him back.

                "Can we walk the other way?"

                He looked at you before scanning the area. He hadn't saw YoonGi though so he simply shrugged it off as a change in the wind before turning around and letting you fall in step with him. You still had your hand on the sleeve of his sweater giving him the lead in where the two of you were going.

                You could feel someone's gaze on you and you knew who it was, but you weren't going to give him the attention he wanted. Not at the moment. You were too exhausted.

 

 

                The two of you walked a while until you reached a bench by the river side. You pulled TaeHyung aside to sit and rest for a while since your body was beginning to act out. You had barely been able to get any sleep lately considering that all you could think about was YoonGi even though you tried not to. That explained why you weren't getting your sleep though. Every night when you lied down in bed, you had all the time to think about him and couldn't do anything to distract yourself from him other than force yourself to stay up until you knocked out.

                TaeHyung knew that you were on the brink of falling over when you pulled him aside and made him sit with you on the bench.  You told him you weren't going to sleep despite resting your head on his shoulder. He could also tell from the way you were dressed that you were cold since you didn't exactly plan for a walk in this weather.

                "Let me go grab us some coffee, okay?" He soothingly said before getting up while you stared at the river silently.

                Pretty soon your head was bobbing again as sleep began to take over. You were in and out while sitting there as a precaution of sitting alone. The area was pretty isolated and you doubted anyone was going to be there during this time of the month, yet your body still reacted cautiously.

                You lightly twitched when your head was lifted back onto his shoulder while he slipped the warm coffee can into your hands. You sighed in relaxation as you snuggled up closer to him whispering quietly, "You're so warm."

//

                When you woke up, you had felt better than you had in the past two weeks aside from the aching muscles from sleeping on a cold hard bench. You lightly shifted as you sighed quietly and finally opened your eyes. That was when you remembered that you told TaeHyung you weren't going to sleep as you saw the color of the sky.

                "Oh my god, TaeHyung I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

                You abruptly stopped when you looked up and saw YoonGi sitting next to you instead, looking back at you sadly.

                "YoonGi?" You exhaled in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

                You quickly shook your head before your body began moving by itself. You immediately jumped off the bench and stumbled as you tried to figure out which way to go.

                "Never mind," the words tumbled from your lips as you walked away, "I have to go find TaeHyung."

                With that, you covered your ears from the biting cold and started running, pretending to not hear YoonGi's calls after you. You weren't ready yet. You didn't know what you weren't ready for, but you just knew that you weren't ready.

//

                "Hey, are you going to like get up? Let's go and do something. It's the last day of break," MinYoung complained as she tugged at the thick blankets you had rolled yourself up in.

                "MinYoung I don't feel good, you go ahead," you groaned as you snuggled deeper into your blankets, away from the blinding sunlight. You did your best to curl your legs in closer to your body considering how tightly rolled up you already were.

                "It's the last day though!" MinYoung grumbled as she sat down on your bed.

                You quickly slipped your head past the first layer of blanket with your eyes shut tight, "Call Jin to go with you. I cut your date off short last time. Make up for it; I heard that he wasn't doing anything today."

                MinYoung lightly smacked you before standing up, "What are you saying…"

                "No, really," you pulled the blankets over your head to look at MinYoung. "Please don't make me go out, I feel like crap."

                She flinched when she saw the state you were in before sighing.

                "You look like crap," she frowned, "I'll just stay home today then."

                "No," you immediately cut her off, "Go and have fun. I'm literally just going to sleep today. If you're that worried just call TaeHyung to come watch me. He still has to drop off my textbook anyway."

                MinYoung sighed again before pulling out her phone.

                "I'm still your best friend, that's why I'm not leaving you alone," she chuckled lightly as she dialed TaeHyung.

                You easily tuned everything out after that as you drifted off back to sleep. Falling asleep outside might have not been the best idea, but it was so refreshing. You couldn't help it.

 

 

                You woke up to the touch of a cold hand on your forehead. Struggling, you opened your eyes and were greeted with TaeHyung's brown eyes.

                "Hi," you smiled sleepily before closing your eyes again.

                "You're burning up," he stated as he slipped off his bag.

                "I'm freezing," you replied back tiredly. "Did you bring my textbook?"

                "Yeah," he smiled brightly before sitting beside you. "Have you taken medicine yet?"

                You kept silent because truth was, neither MinYoung or you had gotten sick in a long time, so the cupboard was empty other than a large bottle of Ibuprofen.

                "Later," you immediately grabbed his wrist as he stood up, "Can we please just sleep for now?"

                TaeHyung sighed before hopping back onto your bed.

                "You're cold?" He asked again as you unrolled yourself to share your blankets.

                "Yes," you lightly shivered from the sudden loss of heat.

                TaeHyung easily slid in next to you while you snuggled up to him before scrunching your nose.

                "You're so cold," you grumbled while he chuckled.

                "Sorry, I'm not a heater," he replied before tucking the blankets around you.

                With the way that he tucked the blankets though, you quickly forgot about the cold and fell back asleep for the second time.

               

 

                Once again, you were woken up, but by the sound of rummaging in the kitchen. The spot next to you was empty and beginning to go cold from the missing body.

                "TaeHyung, we don't have any medicine. I'll just ask MinYoung to get some when she comes home later," you tried to say as loud as you could without hurting your already sore throat. "Just come back to bed, I'm getting cold again."

                You were beginning to shiver, and tried to stop by staying still, focusing on the sound of TaeHyung's returning footsteps. You hurriedly buried your head under the blankets again to keep your entire body warm while TaeHyung walked in and lifted the covers. Once he slid back in, you quickly turned back towards him and snuggled closer to him.

                A breath of satisfaction escaped your lips as you got closer to him, snuggling into his chest. You immediately began to slip back to sleep but then realized…

                "You're warm."


The oneshot is already long enough as if I'm sorry >_< I hope you guys liked it though, and the ending is up for you guys to decide! Unless.....