crescendo

Lukewarm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIXX had still been filming MTV Diary when they would meet again, this time backstage at Inkigayo instead of Music Bank.


 

N had the camera, no shocker there. He was shoving it in front of everyone's face, but the other members took it in stride. All of them were used to attention by now.


 

All, except one.


 

Leo was eating (gimbap, she noted), but he kept his eyes on the camera warily as if it might attack him and steal his food.


 

Eunji found it somehow... adorable.


 

And then reality sunk in, and she realized it was not so adorable as it was weird. That guy has issues for sure. He had come this far to be an idol, and now he's shying away from the spotlight?


 

But it wasn't fair to judge him without actually knowing him first, and despite the lingering embarrassment from their first meeting still fresh in her mind, Eunji was willing to give it another shot.


 

Who are you really, Jung Leo? She narrowed her eyes, like a predator eyeing her prey. He was somehow mesmerizing to watch—all graceful movements and a strong, quiet presence that was almost magnetic.


 

He also has the uncanny ability to know when he was being watched.


 

His head snapped up so fast that before Eunji had a chance to turn away, he eyes had already zeroed in on her and had her pinned.


 

She felt like ice was slowly creeping up on her, leaving her frozen and immobile—his gaze wasn't cold, per say, but it was definitely unnerving. She shot him a weak smile.


 

He nodded once, slowly, and the corner of his mouth twitched as if he wanted to smile too, but was unsure. Eunji didn't know what on earth possessed her to do so, but her smile widened and she nodded once too, encouragingly.


 

Won't you come talk to me?


 

Leo ducked his head down and went back to his food. Eunji's disappointment was instant.


 

Oh. Apparently you won't.


 


 

Their third meeting was way more personal.


 

Inguk-oppa had told her beforehand that they were coming, and she had mentally prepared herself as much as she could.


 

She hoped she wasn't too obvious in her excitement; more than anything she wanted to see him again.


 

Eunji shook off the voice in her head that kept telling her that she had somehow grew a crush on VIXX's Leo. After all, why else would any woman be so excited yet nervous to see some guy if she wasn't interested in him?


 

That is only partially correct. I AM interested. Just not in... THAT way.


 

Her inner voice, the one that sounded suspiciously like Kim Namjoo, was unconvinced.


 

Riiiiiiightt, sure. Whatever you say.


 

Eunji sighed in despair. When had she become the type of person to argue with herself? For the love of all that is good--she's turning into Hayoung.


 

But still, she couldn't deny that she was a little too impatient, so much that she had made too many NGs' in the day's filming. The director kindly but seriously told her to get her together, or else they'll be filming non-stop well into the next day. Needless to say, Eunji did as was told and got her together long enough until the arrival of a certain someone she had been eagerly waiting for, walked into set and completely ruined her professionalism.


 

Basically, she had half-ran, half-jogged her way to them as soon as the director had yelled 'cut!'.


 

“Hi!” Eunji greeted, slightly out of breath but still smiling widely.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter