diva

Lukewarm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So here's the thing.

 

Eunji has a reputation. Other than what was already common knowledge--her voice, her acting, her charisma; Eunji is also likeable, and extremely sociable.

 

Not trying to sound pretentious, but people love her. They just couldn't help it. Her charm? On point. Her laughter? Contagious. And her eye-smiles practically have a life of their own.

 

She's not bragging. It's just a fact. Eunji has a gift.

 

But here's another thing.

 

He's sort of a weirdo.

 

Not saying he has some odd quirks or habits or behavior. He's really polite, almost madly so. Very quiet, very shy, has a little soft spot for children and cute animals.

 

He cuts an intimidating figure. Unpredictable and is somewhat violent, though all in good fun. An athletic, the manliest of men, the chic lion-like main vocalist of VIXX—Jung Taekwoon.

 

Leo.

 

So yeah, Eunji admits that he sounds really cool and all. Not to mention very attractive--but he's still sort of a weirdo.

 

Because he's not at all affected by her cheeriness, nor did he laugh at her silly antics. No, he didn't even the decency to crack one tiny little smile at one of her many jokes.

 

And Eunji is a little bit insulted.

 

Okay.

 

Very insulted.

 

Usually when she's filming, the cast and crew would say she was the happiness vending machine that provided everyone with positive energy during hard times of filming. Yes, that's where she got the idea that hey, she's good at cheering people up. She can make people laugh, and the best part is she never really did actively try and be funny; she was just being herself.

 

And it had somehow translated in her head that she's somewhat of a special person with a gift of being able to make someone's day. And now she's actively trying to make people laugh, and make them happy, and yeah, maybe fall in love with her a little bit.

 

Eunji has some wicked charms. She has a smart mouth, and an incredible sense of humor.

 

Seriously, how can people not love her for that?

 

And then there's this guy.

 

The first time it happened she shrugged it off as nothing. It was no big deal, they only just met and she did sort of made a fool of herself... she's certain that the next time they meet, he would open up.

 

But then it sort of didn't happen. Like every time they would meet backstage at a music show or behind cameras at award shows, it was always the same. He was distant and reserved, unreadable and utterly frustrating, in her opinion.

 

There's this one time where she was feeling particularly bothered by it and without thinking twice, she opened up Daum on her phone and looked up his ideal type.

 

And she found out that first impressions are like, a huge deal to him.

 

Eunji was kinda distraught for a while after that because she remembered with clarity the moment they first met. It was with their respective group members. And Bomi was there, and she was acting crazy as usual. And every Panda and their mothers know that APink's 93-line always acts crazy together.

 

She remembered acting sort of like a child, intentionally using her Busan satoori, and playfully trying to make Bomi give her a piggyback ride, despite the fact that she was in her stage costume--a very short, very pink, sailor fuku dress.

 

She didn't noticed that they weren't alone until Chorong spoke up, politely greeting them and introducing herself to his leader--the loud one, the noisy one—N. VIXX's leader was overly friendly and affectionate, though in a good way. And after getting over the initial embarrassment of nearly flashing her unmentionables to a group of six men, Eunji acquainted herself with them.

 

She decided immediately that after N, Ken was the most fun to be around with. Ravi and Hongbin are more conservative, but she later learned that they could be just as bad as Ken is when they want to, and this has badly influenced their youngest member.

 

Maknae Hyuk was a lot like their maknae Hayoung, but with much more snark and a rebellious streak. That made him really endearing to her. After a while, she even allowed him to call her noona instead of sunbaenim.

 

But there was still one person that managed to stand out. Him.

 

It wasn't as if he was total sociopath who didn't know how to properly converse with people; he does,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter