Knock Knock - Part 1

Knock Knock

*knock knock*

It was a very faint knock, yet still present.

*knock knock*

The sound was being repeated, but got no response. He didn't blame him though. How could he? Losing the key wasn't his fault.
He hid from him – hid his feelings as he wanted to show a strong character. With thoughts running wild in his head, he had trouble deciding whether to give him the spare key. His thoughts were beyond many. They had been through so many great things together and suddenly everything seemed to smoulder. And for what? He frowned as he thought of the boy who had tarred them apart – broken their bond. Let's name him Max.
He never understood what Max had, which he – herself – lacked. Was it a better personality and handsomeness? He had no idea and the question remained unanswered.

Scribbling down words of hatred and sorrow became the majority of his life. The boy didn't know what to do with himself, especially back in the first couple of days being single again. By that time he also made the choice of not making any communication between him and his ex.
The boy was beyond heartbroken and had the need to be alone. Every day he cried in his room – he even cried himself to sleep. Whenever he sat in class, he was in his own world, pretending to listen and just waiting for the bell to call it a day. Some might call him a very weak person, but the truth was that he was just a very sensitive boy.
One day he chose to be strong: signing in to Messenger, he clicked his name and started writing:

"I just wanna tell you that I haven't forgotten about you, I just needed some time to think. I want you to know that I don't wanna lose you entirely and agree to try working out as friends. Awkward, but yes."

Lucky for him, he was offline. He didn't have to deal with this – him – right away. He felt good about sending him the message, but quite nervous about his reaction.

The next day was different though. He was online. He had signed in as offline, but chose to switch his status to online a bit later, and it was not without an extra heartbeat that he received a sudden answer.
They talked for a long time and it continued the day after. Soon they decided to meet once again. His place. Yet one meet-up evolved into more meet-ups, drawing a new tension every time.
He didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. He was drawn to his lips, which he allowed – which he wanted him to, since he had revealed earlier that he still loved, missed and cared for him. But being the person he was, his conscience was hit. He felt bad about being with him, because one thing soon led to another. He was guilty in the process of making him unfaithful towards Max, whom he had just bonded with, yet he still had in mind whether he had done the same to her with Max.
Yet everything brought amusement. It brought amusement to him, knowing that Max was jealous whenever he visited him.
One day his so-called partner wrote to him:

"Why don't you invite him over some day while I'm there? So I can make him jealous."

He wasn't fond of that message, leading him to reply the following:

"I would never let you do that. You would be the first to be kicked out"

How did the boy know this? Because he told him – he confided him with stuff from his new relationship. But before he knew it, that certain relationship of his was broken.