Junmyeon? Hello, it's me.

Hello [HIATUS]

               

Junmyeon was awake by the time his phone alarm had set off. Distracted, he turned off the device and continued staring at his room's ceiling. Today was a holiday and the company where he was working as a Marketing Executive decided to be generous and gave them the day off, making it a long weekend as it was also a Friday. Contrary to his overly excited co-workers, Junmyeon was not looking forward to the three-day vacation. He would rather have himself busy, spewing out ideas and plans, balls deep in work, and spending all day in the office. His team has just finished a beauty campaign with a cosmetics company and now, he suddenly has a lot of free time he doesn't want. His hands were itching to get ahold of The BigBang Project, one of their company's biggest client when his boss brushed him off, practically begging for him to take a rest. Junmyeon was about to protest but the man looked like he was about to cry if he made more sound, so in the end, he quietly went out of Mr. Shim's office with his head hung low. It was not that he was a workaholic, far from it honestly. He just needed something, anything to fill his time,and not let his thoughts wander to uncharted places, where hurt and heartbreak and him resides. He wanted The BigBang Project so much as he knew that this will distract him, keep him busy for the next few months and instead will let him focus on planning in his head about ideas and delegating his team on who gets to do what. He was bursting with ideas and even held a meeting with his team yesterday to inform them about the project.

 

"Seriously, hyung?" Jongdae, his assistant, asked.

 This was not the reaction Junmyeon was expecting. Everyone started to talk, the meeting room turning into a chaotic mess. Sehun was the one complaining the loudest, saying he looked more like a zombie than an actual human being. Zitao was grumbling at the corner, spewing nonsense about how to stop him from taking project after project. Luhan and Minseok, his older team members looked at him in horror. From both their expressions, he was sure they were both questioning his sanity. Kyungsoo was just looking at him, face void of any expression  but he was sure his bestfriend was planning on how to murder him in twelve different ways in his head. 

Junmyeon started, "I know, you're all still tired from the last project..''

"Hell yeah, we are!" Jongdae interjected.

Junmyeon glared at his assistant as he continued ".. but, this is such a huge opportunity for us. We need to take advantage of the publicity the beauty campaign has given us. If we do this right, The BigBang Project could open many doors and it would lead to something brighter, not only for this company, for us too."

"I get what you mean Junmyeon, but did Mr. Shim already gave you the project? I heard he was planning to give it to Taeyeon's team, since they won last year some Marketing award." Luhan inquired. 

Junmyeon was shocked, Taeyeon?! That girl and her team. Haven't they caused enough trouble last year, when they suddenly dropped the cosmetics company for some boybands' shoe campaign? Because of what happened, Junmyeon and his team were assigned the beauty campaign, albeit sceptically, by his boss. The client even wanted to pull out the project from their company, but Junmyeon fought for it, promising to work hard on it and give his and his team's best shot. After a month, Junmyeon and his team discovered that there was nothing beautiful about beauty campaigns. The team suffered months after months of overnight sessions, gruelling work hours, add that to the pressure from everyone around them and it was probably one of the worse times in his career. They were all nervous when the time came to present it to the cosmetic company's team, praying so hard for them to atleast give it a chance if something went wrong. After the presentation though, the team was met with thundering applause and standing ovation. Everyone was blown away on how everything blended well with the theme, the model and the product. Junmyeon was happy, his team was happier. Their leader is a good person but he takes everything about his work seriously that they were practically cowering in fear everytime they would commit mistakes. But now those times are over and Junmyeon, with his renewed energy and surge of inspiration wanted to take on everything but with his team's reaction like this, and the boss plans' to give it to Taeyeon's team just deflated him and now, he can only look at his team dejectedly.

"It's okay hyung.." Zitao started, "..we can use the time to rest and by the time our next project will be given to us, we'll function better. I mean, you can also use the time to think up some ideas and stuff..." 

Junmyeon just pressed his lips together and nodded, standing up, he announced the meeting to be over, with Sehun muttering 'finally!', and Luhan, sending him a smile, Minseok and Jongdae went out together, talking animatedly about their plans for the long weekend and Zitao squeezing himself between the two and laughing at the glares the elder sent him. After the last person was out, Junmyeon groaned into his hands, muttering gibberish when he felt eyes judging him. He lifted his head and saw Kyungsoo, still not making a move to go out of the room. Great, he thought. His bestfriend probably knows what's wrong.

"Is something wrong?" Kyungsoo started, staring at him with those owlish eyes, Junmyeon just looked at his bestfriend tiredly. With a sigh, he started for the door when he caught his bestfriend's gentle voice, "You can tell me tomorrow, alright?" 

 

 

 The shrill tone of the telephone brought Junmyeon back to the present, wondering who would call him at this time. It was 7 am, his co-workers, it being a holiday, were probably still asleep, so he ruled them out. Groaning, he was just starting to get out of bed when the call was transferred to voicemail and the deep voice of the caller resonated around the apartment. 

"Junmyeon? Hello, it's me. Are you there? Probably not since you haven't answered the phone, or maybe you're at work and I'm talking to the machine, again. I'm sorry for bothering you this early, and I know its been years since we last talked and saw each other, but I just.." a sigh, then, "..I really want to talk to you, ab- about what happened between us. I don't want to do this on the phone, so ca- can we meet? Personally, I mean. There's a lot of things I have to explain to you. Please. Call me back, okay?.." Silence... Junmyeon thought it was over, then "..I miss you.. so much."