fin

midnight maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let's do a flashlight maze, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. And now Hansol was lost and pretty damn sure he’d been at this dead end before. Just a few minutes ago, he was wandering around the corn maze with Wonwoo and Mingyu, but then he kneel down to tie his shoe and they disappeared in an instant. He was without a flashlight too, and to make matters even worse he left his cellphone at home. He couldn't check the time, but he was quite positive that it was close to midnight, and the thought sent a shiver down his spine.

 

The playful screams of little kids and the joyous laughing of friends trying to conquer the most difficult maze in the country had long ago died down, and Hansol wouldn't be surprised if he was the only one left. If you decided that you were finished with the maze, you could press a button given to one person on every team and staff would come find you, but of course that button had been left with Mingyu. And Mingyu wasn't with Hansol. In fact, he didn't doubt the fact that his friends had pressed the button long ago and very conveniently ‘forgotten’ him there. Perhaps it was revenge for making them kiss at Seungcheol’s Halloween party that weekend.

 

“I'm stuck here.” Hansol muttered to himself, “I will be trapped in this maze forever, forced to eat corn and fight off corn monsters for the rest of my life. I’ll live in a home made of corn stalks, dress in clothing made of-”

 

Hansol froze as he heard shuffling in the corn next to him. His heartbeat sped up, and although his mind screamed run, he couldn't bring himself to move. It got louder, and for a moment he hoped it was Mingyu and Wonwoo playing a prank on him, but he knew the two well, and they would've been laughing their asses off by now if it was them.

 

The shuffling came to a halt, and so did Hansol’s heart as a head popped out from the corn.

 

“Oh, thank goodness!” It was a boy, appearing to be around Hansol’s age, and he smiled as he fully stepped out into the path. “I was sure I was alone, but then I heard you speaking from the other side of this row of corn. The name’s Boo Seungkwan.” He stuck his hand out, and Hansol hesitantly shook it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter