final

can't help falling in love

meeting jeon wonwoo wasn't part of mingyu's plan. he didn't plan on accidentally bumping him at the amusement park. he didn't plan getting close to him. but most importantly, kim mingyu did not plan falling in love with him.

he can barely remember the day when they met, but he was sue that he met him at the amusement park, where he was supposed to have fun with his friends, soonyoung and jihoon, but instead he ended up bumping a short-browned haired boy, and that's where it all started.

that day, mingyu had somehow found his number on his phone, and the next thing he knew was he had pressed the 'call' button and they were talking. talking and talking for what seemed like hours until he felt his throat start hurting. mingyu had never worn the biggest smile on his face that day.

their next encounter was at the mall, mingyu had gone there to buy something for his mother, while wonwoo was (forced to) shopping with his sister. they bumped in the grocery store and mingyu vaguely remembers they literally bumped into each other in the food aisle. mingyu smiles at the thought.

mingyu's second favorite date was was may 22nd. the day him and wonwoo went on a date. well, technically he assumed it was a date. wonwoo's friend jeonghan and his boyfriend seungcheol had invited them for a trip at the park. but they both had to leave early for some alone time. which left wonwoo and mingyu alone. they skipped the park and went in a small restaurant, where they spent most of the day of, and mingyu has never seen someone looked so beautiful before, even if he was laughing so hard he was doubling over. 

but the day that mingyu can never forget, was january 1st. exactly at 12 am. when he stared at wonwoo as he looked up at the sky, mesmerised at the fireworks and the stars and the moon. the day mingyu realizes he's in love with wonwoo.

 

mingyu tries his hardest to stop all these feelings and pretend that they don't exist. he tries his hardest not to stare at him, how beautiful he looks at the sunlight, tries his hardest not to grab him and just kiss him and just be with him. but that's not really easy. especially when he's in love with his friend.

"mingyu?" he snaps out of his thoughts when someone taps his shoulder.

"yeah?" it was jihoon. he had invited him over.

"you ok? you seem off." he says and sits next to the taller boy.

"yeah, yeah. i'm fine, i'm just thinking about a lot of things." he lies through his teeth and runs a hand through his hair.

"is it because of wonwoo?" jihoon suddenly asks and mingyu swallows.

"w-what? what d-do you mean?" he curses himself for stuttering and bites his lip. 

"oh please mingyu, don't play dumb with me. everyone knows you're in love with wonwoo." jihoon says and grabs the remote from his hands and changes the channel. mingyu didn't even notice that the tv was on or he had the remote on his own hands.

"seriously? am i that obvious?" he asks, face serious and jihoon laughs.

he nods, "pretty much, but i guess wonwoo is just really clueless. because even he doesn't know." 

mingyu sighs in relief, "thank god," 

"what are you thanking god for?" jihoon asks.

"well i'm glad wonwoo doesn't know. he probably doesn't like me back. i doubt he even likes boys." mingyu frowns. he didn't even know he, himself. was into guys. 

jihoon laughs again, more softly this time. "you're pretty clueless to, you know. haven't you noticed? he loves you, too."

 

mingyu tells himself that jihoon was just joking around. that he was lying to make him feel better. mingyu shakes his head and tries to distract himself, do something, anything, he doesn't care. but before he could even think straight, there was a knock on the door.

he walks across his kitchen and to the living room to open the door, revealing wonwoo who has his hands on his pockets.

mingyu swallows, "hey, wonwoo."

"hey." the older greets him and they sit in the living room, which is nomally what they do first.

"what brings you here?" mingyu finally finds the courage to speak and feels the tension in the air.

"can i tell you something?" wonwoo asks, fiddling with the necklace mingyu bought him a few weeks ago.

"of course. you can tell me anything, you know." mingyu says.

wonwoo sighs and shuts his eyes, "i love you." 

it was fast and quiet, but mingyu heard it clearly and he smiles. he smiles so hard it looked like his cheeks were gonna come off. he laughs and mutters, "i love you too." 

wonwoo hugs the boy and kisses his forehead. mingyu sighs and presses his lips to his gently, fearing he might pull away. but instead he feels wonwoo smiling into the kiss, and they pull apart and laugh. 

they lay in mingyu's old couch. with mingyu's head atop of wonwoo's chest.

 

and that's they day kim mingyu realizes he couldn't help falling in love with someone like jeon wonwoo