Chapter 1

He is.... was a robot?

For the past few months, Dr. Park Chanyeol was getting used to have a company by his side, even though he can't talk, which is quite to his liking, since he can blabber about anything he finds interesting or rant about anything he is annoyed at and not getting a single reply from Baekhyun, which is kind of handy, since he is pretty sure everything he says is right, or is it just Baekhyun who can't object to whatever he says....

 

Anyhow, back to topic, heh, kind of got distracted there. Yes, Dr. Park Chanyeol has already gotten used to have Baekhyun by his side every day. Baekhyun pulling out his charger from the socket on the wall in their bedroom every morning, Baekhyun greeting him good morning adorably with his disheveled bed hair sticking out in every direction, Baekhyun staring at him blankly when he is on his usual grumpy fits, Baekhyun eating the food deliciously and cutely every meal, and Baekhyun yelping like a puppy for about 40 times before plugging in his charger to drift off into his robot dreamland. 

 

Day by day, Chanyeol teaches Baekhyun from alphabets to numbers, from numbers to basic vocabulary, from basic vocabulary to basic grammar, from basic grammar to basic manners, etcetera, etcetera. It was lucky that Chanyeol has huge patience. At this rate, Chanyeol can say that he is absolutely proud of his experiment artwork, his masterpiece. Baekhyun's improvement on everything never fails to surprise Chanyeol every single time.

 

There was this one time, Chanyeol was working on the pest problem in the garden, Baekhyun started humming to some song that Chanyeol didn't know about. Chanyeol turned to the direction of the voice and bombarded Baekhyun with questions.

 

"What song is that? How come I've never heard that before? Where did you hear that from? How?"

 

Baekhyun abruptly stopped humming and glared at his owner, playfully.

 

"Don't you know this song? It's Red Velvet's Dumb Dumb! God, why are you so outdated? Keep up to the trend, Chanyeol! You're going to grow old faster this way!" Baekhyun scolded him and continued humming.

 

Still in shock, Chanyeol stood there dumbly, a pesticide sprayer in one hand and a pruner in another. Maybe giving Baekhyun a phone was a bad idea...  

 

All in all, Baekhyun always never fails to surprise Chanyeol. And he is slowly dominating this whole creator-robot relationship. And Chanyeol is never going to let that happen.

 

Today will be the day. Chanyeol woke up to the bright morning sunlight shining down on him, only to see Baekhyun lying down on his own bed while on his phone, humming happily to himself, as usual. He doesn't even spare me a glance anymore... Sighing, he decided not to break his bubble and left their shared bedroom, taking long strides down the hallway to the kitchen. Taking out leftover bacon from the fridge, Chanyeol then started cooking their breakfast.

 

Whistling while cooking, Chanyeol shrieked and almost dropped his spatula when he felt two limbs wrapping his waist and a chin on his shoulder. "Good morning, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun peeked over his shoulder, tipping his toes a bit due to their height difference. "What are you cooking there?" Baekhyun asked.

 

Chanyeol tried as much as he could to ignore that rapid beating of his heart, pounding against his chest and the butterflies or dragonflies or bees or whatever flying object in his stomach.

 

Blinking, Chanyeol pries the shorter boy's hands off his body and turned off the stove. He turned to Baekhyun, who is now staring at him intently, Chanyeol felt like he is being pierced through his soul. Snapping back into reality, Chanyeol cleared his throat. 

 

"Where did you learn that from, Baek? Hm? I've never taught you backhugging before."

 

Baekhyun's mouth twitched up into a grin, eyes twinkling in a mischievous manner.

"I learnt that from the Internet, Yeol. Aish, I told you not to get cooped up inside your laboratory so much, you're getting older now, gramps! Get out and have fun!"

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun as the said boy starts dancing around the kitchen, still processing the new nickname that Baekhyun just gave him. Wh-What was that? Mentally slapping himself, Chanyeol then reaches to the kitchen counter and take out some plates to serve their breakfast on.

 

"Come and have breakfast, Baek."Baekhyun stops his glorious dancing finally and sits on the chair opposite Chanyeol. He starts nibbling on the food that Chanyeol cooked, quietly. Finally some peaceful and quiet time....

 

As if on cue, Baekhyun starts talking with his mouth full. Or maybe not. "Chanyeol, do you know about this girl group called MAMAMOO? Gosh, they're so cute! I swear- blah bitty blah blah blah." Chanyeol rolls his eyes and continues eating his breakfast, completely ignoring Baekhyun and his gushing towards this specific girl group. 

 

"Chanyeol, are you even listening to me?"

 

"Mm."

 

"Okay, so there's this girl in the group, her name is-"

 

Ugh, this could go on forever. I swear teaching him basic stuff was a total mistake... I should've kept him as a baby instead.... But then he wouldn't understand my commands and will just sit there and cry like there's no tomorrow....

 

While having a mental fight with himself, Baekhyun finally finished his gushing and stood up. Chanyeol was startled by the sound of the chair and shot up, thinking that Baekhyun was mad at him for not listening. Luckily, Baekhyun just stood up to bring his plate to the sink for washing after finishing the food. Mentally sighing and kicking himself in the gut for not paying attention, he also proceed to bring his plate to the sink, putting them into the sink and stood beside Baekhyun, watching him as he washes the dishes carefully. 

 

Maybe teaching him the basic stuff wasn't a mistake after all. 

 

Smirking to himself, he didn't realize that he was staring until Baekhyun spoke, snapping him out of his thoughts.

 

 

"Chanyeol? Why are you staring weirdly at me like that? It's creepy." 

 

"O-oh? No, no, nothing!" Chanyeol said while laughing awkwardly, stepping out of the kitchen at the same time.

 

Once Baekhyun was done with the dishes, he walked out of the kitchen to their shared bedroom.

 

"Baek!" Baekhyun turned his head towards the voice calling out to him, only to see Chanyeol in the living room, sitting on the couch while patting the seat beside him. "Come here and sit with me, " Baekhyun felt weird but obeyed nonetheless.

 

"Yes, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked as he sat down on the seat beside Chanyeol.

 

"No, nothing. It's just that you always go back to our bedroom after breakfast and leave me here by myself," Chanyeol pouts. "You're created to accompany me, ya' know," Chanyeol said and Baekhyun laughs at his cute owner.

 

"Ew, Yeol. Don't pout. It makes you ugly." Baekhyun said while pushing both corners of Chanyeol's lip upwards. 

 

Satisfied, Baekhyun flashed Chanyeol a grin, "There we go, handsome as ever."

 

Chanyeol blushed after Baekhyun's comments and quickly changed the topic.

 

"Uhm, actually I have something to say." Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, gesturing him to go on. "Now that you've basically learned everything that you need to know to survive in life, I think it's the right time to set some rules."

 

Chanyeol said while looking at the brunette's face, trying to search for responses. In the end, he got no respond from the robot, he takes it as an 'okay' and continues. 

 

"I only have two rules. Rule number 1, do as I wish. Rule number 2, do not fall in love with me," Chanyeol warns.

 

"Why would I fall in love with my own creator?" Baekhyun thought to himself.

 

"To stop myself from having a, you know, relationship with my own creation," Chanyeol said warily, noticing the curiosity written all over Baekhyun's face.

 

Am I thinking aloud again?

 

Baekhyun laughed nervously after Chanyeol miraculously answered his inner thoughts. "That seems fine to me. Any additions of rules?"

 

"Hm, let's see.... I think that's about it. I will add in rules as the time passes, don't worry. Why? Because I'm Park Chanyeol, that's why!" Chanyeol laughed mimicking a wicked witch, while Baekhyun just stared at him, grimacing. 

 

"Ew, Yeol. I didn't know you were that full of yourself. You're done right? Okay then," Baekhyun jumps up, "bye!" He ran up the hallway and slammed their bedroom door shut.

 

That seemed to stop Chanyeol from laughing and realize that Baekhyun was gone. Chanyeol shook his head in disappointment. 

 

This kid. Jesus. Chanyeol heaved a long sigh and walked into his laboratory, starting his day cooped up in white-washed walls as usual.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello!

I'm back with a new chapter! Woooooooooooooooo i bet you guys missed me :D ///gets shot

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry that I typed out a load of crap and word vomit OTL save me from my misery ///gets shot more

I'll just go then.... ///gets shot while leaving

 

psst!

/shameless advertising/ check out my twitter and instagram! ///gets thrown out of the window

 

 

p.s please excuse any grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, i did not do spelling and grammar checking, im lazy ///gets hit

p.p.s EXO-Ls, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE EXO FOR MAMA AWARDS 2015 :D 

 

 

Twitter: @derpmyeon_

Instagram: @ahhlengorr

 

 

뿅~ ❤️