Final

Call me Kai's Paparazzi Girlfriend

Do you have dreams? Or did you have dreams? 

 

I had one. 

 

A big one.

 

A big one that didn't bring me any further. A dream that swallows you completely to just kick you straight in your and then leave you alone on the boulevard of broken dreams.

 

My dream used to be to become one of Korea's top stars. A performer on stage. Loved by everyone. An idol. But where did it bring me?

 

Into a freaking bush.

 

Yes, my dears, I said bush.

 

It's not like it's my favorite activity to sit in bushes, don't get me wrong. I'm not an owl or a dog or a cat...or whatever sits in bushes. It's just that sometimes you can't decide were you work.

 

So... I was sitting in a bush, armed with my camera to stalk the people I had wished to become one day in my naive past. 

 

Mystery unravelled? I'm a paparazzo chasing the ones I once tried to become like. And to all of you who thought this job is fun:

 

It is…

 

…if you like to sit in bushes, trash bins or worse. And that's not all.

 

When you're a paparazzo your inhibitions reduce instantly in a few weeks. They have to. Who likes to stalk other people to the extent that they feel threatened? Okay, except for sasaeng fans.

 

Right - nobody.

 

You're intruding their privacy and they sometimes get reeeeeeally mad over it. You don't believe it? 

 

I didn't either until I witnessed how one of those beasty muscle idols hit one of the paparazzi into his face. It was an instant knock out, I thought the guy would make better as a boxer than an idol.

 

However, getting beat up or sitting in a bush doesn't mean you'll be successful. It doesn't even mean that you'll be able to pay your rent. That's when I'm glad that Koreans tend to keep living with their parents until they get married. Usually. At least I can eat and sleep as my lovely mom always makes sure that I survive...after her daily scolds for not having studied enough during high school to get to one of Korea's SKY universities (SKY has nothing to do with the actual sky...it's just the acronym of Korea's top universities).

 

Okay, back to the story:

 

I was sitting in a bush. We got that far, right? 

The bush was in front of one of the dormitories of a boy group whose name I've never heard before. I had some photos from the members but who knew if they would look the same without make up and styled hair? Since I started working my belief in an idol's beauty had quickly vanished.

 

Three hours I had been sitting in that bush until someone called me on my phone. My boss. That never ended up good.

 

"Yoboseyooooo~?", I purred into the speaker awaiting a big scold.

 

During my whole career I only took 2 or 3 photos that were good enough to be sold. And I was doing this job for around 2 years now. While others of my former classmates were studying at university, I was running after celebrities to expose their darkest secrets. Maybe I was some kind of super hero…

 

Naaaah, probably not.

 

While my boss was talking, I rolled my eyes and imitated the expressions and movements he must have been doing at the same time. He told me to get to the office immediately. Yay.

 

When I crawled out of the bush one of the neighbors looked at me with a big frown, judging me to the worst. Yes, lady. I did sit in that freaking bush... and I was not afraid of the security that might have seen me on the CCTV.

 

 

 

 

My boss was telling me off, reminding me of how miserable my work was. And as I hadn't expected differently, he was speaking the words I've been waiting for the past 10 months.

 

"If you're not delivering a huge big hit scandal photo, you're fired! We need a big thing! Something nobody else can deliver! Top group scandals with Girls Generation, Big Bang or EXO! Bring me one of them until next week otherwise don't even show up at the company anymore!"

 

I nodded and bowed before I left, already striking out the groups that I would definitely not shadow.

 

Big Bang was almost impossible to follow, especially G-Dragon who was traveling around the globe like a bird on migration. Girls Generation was easy... as long as you didn't get caught. The tricky part with the girls was that they all were carrying freaking tasers with them and , these damn little gadgets could hurt like hell. 

 

So what was left was EXO.

 

I've never tried to stalk on of them since they were all the time followed by sasaengs and heaven forbid... you should never mess with a sasaeng. Sasaengs were especially aggressive towards us reporters who tried to harm their lovely 'husbands'. Of course they never harmed them themselves. And my name was Kim Jong Un. If you get what I mean.

 

Even though the thought of being beaten up by masses of raging fangirls, the imagination of spending millions of Won to follow G-Dragon or being tasered by an upset girl group goddess weren't even a bit as appealing as.

 

EXO... well, seemed as if I needed to do some research on that group first.

 

 

 

 

After researching the looks, names and even preferences and likings of the EXO members I wasn't even close to getting their names or how each of them differed in looks. The only thing I could beat into my brain was the fact that they had lots of Chinese members who mostly dropped out after a while and that EXO fans were writing crazy fanfictions. Of all the things I've found in the world wide web the masses of Kaisoo or Hunhan stories had kicked me out of my boots several times. And not only the number... also the content. From the fluffiest love stories to the hardest lita... I found it all. And I couldn't help but wondering if the poor boys actually knew about stories like this existing and if they were actually reading them.

 

In front of the EXO dormitory a bunch of girls was waiting for their idols to appear. Yeah... I'd been here for only 5 minutes and the chances to get a glimpse of only one of the EXO members was around 0. If I had been one of the boys I wouldn't have set just a single step in front of my own house if I knew that the girls were already waiting for me.

 

"What are you doing here?", One of the girls approached me. She didn't look hostile. But she also didn't look very friendly.

 

"...waiting for KaiSoo...", I answered a bit insecure about if I could say it like this and if the girl would like it or not.

 

She started giggling which to me was a pretty good sign.

 

"They usually don't get out often and when they do, they're all covered up in caps and masks so you can't identify them properly. Are you new in the fandom?"

 

I nodded and crossed my arms in frustration. This wouldn't get me further... waiting where all the rest of the girls were waiting. What would bring me a step closer was to check out the entrance the boys usually used: The underground parking lot.

 

A walk around the apartment complex was revealing different entrances and exits of the buildings’ parking lots and it took me a while to identify the right one - but at least I did. I seemed to be especially lucky today as a van was suddenly turning into the entrance I had recently checked out. A van that looked like it could have had some idols in it.

 

When the car was passing the control barrier, I sneaked behind it into the  parking lot and hid behind some of the other cars, following a bunch of guys leaving the van and walking towards the elevator behind the big glass entrance doors with my eyes. Once the guys had disappeared in the elevator I hurried behind them to check the floor they were stopping at. 

 

I knew that this was all about luck. The elevator could have stopped anywhere... but I wasn't stupid and since this was the last chance to keep my job, I had to make sure that I succeeded. And of course I already had a plan. 

 

The elevator stopped at the 12th floor. It didn't went up or down again so I was assured that their dormitory must have been there. My problem now was how to get into the elevator and through the security entrance door.  And that door, the only possibility to get upwards, was locked with a electronic combination lock for which I either needed a pin code or a pin card. Guess what I had - nothing.

 

Besides getting up into the 12th floor I had to think about how I could get into the dormitory and when. Sneaking inside was impossible as long as the guys were all around. I needed a master key. A master key which the janitor might have had. The building was big and expensive looking enough to make me strongly believe that there must have been one.

 

My brain was working on high speed and then I saw it... the answer to my problem. 

 

Inside of the cars standing in the parking lot were number plates which Korean people left in their cars so that others could call if their car was blocking something or else. I just had to get a woman's number... and I would get it.

 

The first two numbers were both of male residents but the third was a woman which answered the phone with a gentle voice.

 

"Hello?", she asked.

 

"Hey, what's your name, madam? I'm calling because of your car.", I told her and looked around the area to assure myself that nobody was coming and catching me prowling.

 

"My name is Kang Haera. What's wrong with my car?", The woman further wanted to know.

 

My plan was working out well. And another thing struck my mind. 

 

"I accidentally bumped into your car. Would you mind getting downstairs and we can run things?"

 

She agreed and to me and her agreement sounded like Jackpot to me.

 

It took her not even 5 minutes to get down and when she came through the door, I passed her by, even greeting her gently. While I had waited in front of the locked door, I had checked which floor she had come from.

 

Yes! I got in! And now I had to get the master key!

 

Instead of getting straight to the 12th floor, I made a short stop at the lobby where the janitor of the building was sitting at the reception. Before I approached him, I checked out the number written on the info tag in front of him on which an emergency phone number was written on. I would need that.

 

"Hello~!", I greeted him with a gentle yet embarrassed smile. "I need your help."

 

The male in his mid 30s was looking curiously at me. He looked friendly and helpful, so my hopes grew stronger. While I was talking to him I quickly typed the number of the tag into my phone and sent it to one of my colleagues who still owed me a favor or two. Paparazzi had to help each other after all.

 

"I locked myself out of my apartment and my pin code didn't work for some reason...can I possibly get the master key?" I was talking very politely but I knew that he wouldn't hand me the master key that easily. That's where my colleague had to help me out. He had to keep the man too busy to accompany me.

 

"What's your name and which floor?", he asked.

 

"Kang Haera, 4th floor.", I answered with a soft smile.

 

He nodded and then took out the master key card. The man was about to get up and accompany me while I was praying for my colleague to call... and then his call finally got in.

 

"Oh... just a moment."

 

My colleague was pretty good as he had the man all busy, even longer than 10 minutes after which he held out the card to me and told me to bring it back once I was able to open my apartment door and change the security code again.

 

I quickly nodded when I received the card and went happily into the elevator.

 

Who of you would have straight went up to the 12th floor?

 

That would have been a mistake, believe me.  

 

I went back home at that day. But I would return for sure...

 

 

 

 

The next day I was dressed up in a black hoody and extra dark sunglasses, my mouth even covered with a mask. That was just in case the janitor from yesterday would see me on the CCTV and immediately stop me as soon as he saw and recognized me. It was early morning but the guys were scheduled for some stage performance so they must have been out already.

 

Again I sneaked in through the underground parking lot and this time got immediate access to the building thanks to my beautiful new best friend, the master key.

 

Up at the 12th floor I only had to find the apartment EXO was living in.

 

There were four apartments, my chances were not that small to get into the right one at first try.

 

Before I tried to open the first door, I pressed my ear against the wood and listened to the sounds from inside. In the first one I could hear a female voice. Probably not the right apartment. The second was all silent, so I decided to open that one. 

 

If it was the wrong apartment, this would be freaking embarrassing.

 

Talk of the devil embarrassment caught me first when the door next to the one I was standing in front of was opened.

 

Three guys were leaving that apartment and we all together looked as if we were wearing couple fashion. These guys must have been idols - and what were the chances that EXO was living next to another idol group?

 

Dang! Dang! Dang! 

 

I found the right apartment! But the guys were standing in front of their door, looking at me with skeptical eyes.

 

I blinked a bit irritated about them starring at me. Quickly I turned around and knocked at the door I had overheard just a few seconds ago. As expected the guys went off. Phew.

 

The door in front of me was suddenly opened and I was just glad that the guys had already entered the elevator, otherwise my cover would have been blown.

 

"Uhm...hello! I think I knocked at the wrong door, I'm sorry!", I apologized to the elder man who had glanced at me through his thick glasses. 

 

I bowed apologetic and he closed the door again.

 

Now my mission would start. 

 

Even though I was a paparazzo I felt more like a private investigator at the moment. Which normal paparazzo was sneaking into some idols apartment? That was probably a reason to get tasered. 

 

The master key opened the door for me and once I was inside of the EXO dormitory I felt extremely strained. Where they all out? Was I alone in here? Would I find something inside of the dormitory while they weren’t around or did I have to wait until they would come back to take some helpful photos? 

 

First things first, I went into one of the bedrooms to check out what I could find there. I lately read about sasaengs sneaking inside of the dormitory before and stealing underwear. Was I comparable to those sasaengs?  Maybe...

 

The bedroom looked like a mess and so I got my first photo. I wouldn't be able to use it though but it couldn't hurt to take as many photos as possible.

 

I was about to check out the closet when I suddenly heard the door being opened and male voices filling the apartment.

 

"Gosh, Kyungsoo we're already late and now we'll be even more late...", one of them complained and when I heard the voices coming closer, I panicked and jumped into the closet. 

 

Best reaction ever because the guys entered the room the very next moment.

 

In the very narrow darkness of the closet I was folding my hands together and praying to god.

 

Don't open the closet! Don't open the closet! Don't open the closet!

 

And the closet was opened.

 

!!!

 

"WHAT THE HECK?!"

 

I looked into the face of one of the guys whose names I had recently learned so I would recognize them but the shock was erasing all the information I had gathered in my head. To me that guy was only some idol now. Some very angry idol.

 

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

 

The guy grabbed my hand and tore me out of the closet, throwing me in front of the feet of the two others who had left the apartment with him before.

 

The tallest one was trying to calm down his band mate. 

 

"Hey,  don't freak out Kyungsoo, we'll call the police and everything will be settled.", He told him but the idol called Kyungsoo was just more angered by his statement.

 

"Are you stupid, Jongin?! This girl was sitting in our freaking closet! I have enough of the sasaengs! This is going too far!", Kyungsoo yelled angrily and I seriously felt uncomfortable. Even more when the third guy grabbed my camera.

 

"I don't think she's a sasaeng... this is a too expensive camera for some random fangirl.", The guy said and flipped it around in his hands. "We should sue her, she's probably one of the paparazzi!"

 

First police, now they wanted to sue me! Gosh, NO!

 

"H-Hold on! I'm not a paparazzo! I'm a fan! I love Kaisoo! That's why I got in here! Please, I'll never do it again! Just don't sue me!"  In my panic I wasn't even aware of the nonsense I was babbling. 

 

"And why there's a sticker on your camera saying 'Han Reporters'? I heard that they are working together with Dispatch... you're a paparazzo!“ The guy holding my camera showed me the sticker and immediately I cursed my boss for tagging his stickers on the cameras he was giving to us paparazzi. Even if he lent the cameras to his workers, didn't he know what this meant to us when we got caught?

 

This was my death sentence!

 

"I'll take care of her.", Jongin told the others. "You two get going, I'll catch up later."

 

Kyungsoo and the mystery idol I still didn't know the name of nodded and left, though first one was glaring at me like a viper that was about to bite. Yeah, hiss at me bro!

 

Meanwhile Jongin got me up on my feet.

 

„How did you get in here?“, He asked.

 

As an answer I showed him the master key card which I was immediately robbed off by him.

 

"Give me your phone!", The EXO member then ordered with the bossiest tone I've ever heard.

 

"Let me explain! I am not what you think!"

 

Okay...honestly spoken I was. And I didn't even know what I should tell him instead. I was a paparazzo who snuck into his home AND on top of that a crazy sasaeng? That would bring me not only in jail but moreover into a mental institution.

 

"Give me your phone if you don't want me to call the police!", He repeated but what he added was what made me do as he wished.

 

If handing him my phone was sparing me from facing the police and being sued, I'd even give him my mother's phone.

 

As he had ordered, I held out the gadget to him and while he was typing in something, I was talking as if my life depended on it. 

 

To all of you who are judging me now: My life was actually depending on it for real!

 

"Listen, I'm not here to harm you guys...! I just needed to have one single photo that is worth being sold so I can keep my job! If you check all of my work out you'll see that I'm the worst paparazzo ever! I never took any mentionable photo in my entire life!"

 

Jongin wasn't reacting to me at all. He was going on doing something with my phone and I didn't even know what.

 

When he finally looked up from my phone, he said something I would have never expected.

 

"I'll take a photo for you then."

 

What?

 

He held up my phone as if he was about to take a selfie and in the next moment I was pulled into his arms and kissed.

 

I WAS FREAKING KISSED!

 

My reaction was too late and as fast as he had dragged me into a kiss as fast it was over.

 

With shock and surprise I was looking up at him, seeing his handsome face smiling devilish, I knew I was screwed.

 

"This is your photo!", Jongin said and handed me back my phone.

 

I finally got to see what he had been doing the whole time. He had saved his number into my phone and checked out everything. My Facebook,  Instagram, twitter...The list could have even gone on as he had checked all the information accessible about me.

 

What was shown to me now was an opened KakaoTalk chat in which he had sent the picture to himself.

 

"You've got 12 hours starting now. Hand the photo to your company and get the most hated girl in the whole EXO fandom... If you don't do it, I will expose it myself."

 

Oh snap.

 

 

 

 

Dealing with the threat was unbearable. After returning back home, my mind was constantly circling around if I should post the photo or not.

 

And as if it wasn't enough to burden me with something like this, Jongin made sure I wouldn't forget.

 

2 hours before the dead line hit it's end I received a phone call from guess who:

 

The almighty Kim Jongin. 

 

Yupp, you read it all right. He had saved himself into my phone as this. What. The. Hell...!

 

"Hello?", I answered the phone.

 

"Tic Toc, Tic Toc..."

 

"This is not funny , Kim Jongin!", I immediately barked. This guy had the guts to threaten and then to make fun of me!

 

"Yeah, but hurting me and my co- members privacy is?", He simply responded.

 

"I told you it's not like that!" 

 

"You didn't post the photo yet... you can't run away, I hope you know that.", Jongin ignored what I had said and went on torturing me.

 

"And I won't! This goes too far! Are you even human?!", I complained loudly about how he was treating me. Was this a game to him? Didn't he know that he was ruining his own reputation as well?

 

"Oh, come on! You're just like this because you're on the photo yourself! You wouldn't even give a damn about it if there was someone else on it! As long as you and your stupid job are saved,  you don't care about me or others being harmed by your actions!"

 

Jongin sounded pretty upset about me defying to him.  

 

"That's not true! Maybe other paparazzi did so, but not me! You can do a research about me, I never took any photo that hurt someone's reputation! That's why I'm about to get fired! But you do even worse to me now because I broke into your apartment! I admit, apologize and I regret for my wrong acting but I never hurt you or your co-members! What you do is making me lose my job and being in danger whenever I'll leave my home! You're endangering me and my family! Your fans will try to kill us!"

 

I knew that Jongin was listening when he snorted after I was finished. But instead of answering, he hung up.

 

What an idiot!

 

Angrily I threw my phone at my pillow and couldn't help but scream. What on earth did I do wrong in a former life to end up in this situation?! I had always thought that I was a clever person but now I felt like the most stupid human being alive.

 

 

 

 

Two minutes were left until the deadline would be over and I was waiting for my life to come to its official end. At least I wished it could end that easily. What was awaiting me was being haunted and attacked by sasaengs...and every EXO fan would hate me to death. I had wanted to get famous... but I didn't imagine it to be like this!

 

My phone was ringing again and my display revealed that time had run out. 

 

"You little brat, why didn't you tell me you were dating that EXO boy?!", My boss was shouting at me but he didn't sound upset. He more likely sounded as if he was about to celebrate. "He sent me that photo and told me to use it and that you're okay with it because you two want to reveal your relationship! Now I finally understand why you at your job! You couldn't take a picture of a scandal because you were in a scandal yourself! Congratulations! You're my top reporter now! You're the connection to one of Korea's top idols! Come to the company immediately,  we need to talk about this!"

 

Uhm...what?

 

What did my boss just tell me? Jongin had sent him the picture instead of sending it to another company? He saved my job...?

 

I was a bit touched. But only until I had to get to the company. Since I didn't own a car I had to take the subway and of course I was recognized. Browsing through the Internet revealed to me that the news about Jongin and me had spread like a wildfire. At least nobody attacked me. Yet.

 

At the company the other reporters threw weird glances at me and I was pretty sure that they were forming an opinion about me working as a paparazzo. 

 

The only one to really appreciate that damn photo which was causing such a ruckus was my boss.

 

"You arrived!", He was shouting as soon as I set step into his office. "We need to talk about a conference! Something huge! South Korea, no THE WHOLE WORLD needs to know about it!"

 

While he was telling me about the plans he had made for me and Jongin, I was thinking about how I could stop all of this. I wouldn't be able to give an interview about the fake relationship. The mess that jerk had thrown me into was even bigger than expected. And it hadn’t come to its worst point yet.

 

I figured it once I moved out of the building and something hit my shoulder. Something wet and nasty. Something that had cracked. The next thing hit me and I finally understood what it was. People were throwing eggs at me. I thought it was all until flour was raining on me. We're people trying to bread me?!

 

They didn't when the eggs were replaced by stones. The first stone hit my knee and made me wince. The second merely missed my head because I bent down because my knee was hurting so much. More stones would have hit me if there hadn't been one of the security guards dragging me inside of the building the next moment.

 

Being stalked and attacked was freaking terrifying and I slowly started to understand why Jongin had brought me into this situation. He wanted to make me feel the fear and stress idols had to go through because of stalkers, crazy fans and paparazzi following them around.

 

I gulped and motionless stood in the lobby while the security guard was trying to talk to me. My mouth was too dry to answer and my body was still paralyzed of the shock and pain running through every inch of me.

 

When I gained back the ability to move, I took out my phone and dialed Jongin's number. He didn't pick up and even rejected the call, thereforeI decided to take a selfie of myself and send it to him.

 

Do I have to mention how ty I looked? 

 

Egg and flour were covering my clothes, my face and my hair. 

 

My text message full of wrath.

 

'Are you happy?!  I'll be in front of your dormitory! Let's talk!'

 

 

 

 

My decision to show up in front of Jongin's apartment complex was not the smartest I ever made. Facing a bunch of raging sasaengs was a death sentence I was signing myself... but I wanted to show Jongin what he had dragged me into.

 

I was happy that my boss brought me to the dormitory. I doubt that I would have survived taking the subway when people had started throwing stones at me in front of my working place. And when my boss dropped me in front of the building, the eyes of a dozen fans were directed at me.

 

"HEY YOU !" "DON'T TOUCH OUR OPPA!" "HE DOES NT REALLY LOVE YOU! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT PAST TIME TO HIM“ „LOOK AT HOW UGLY SHE IS! OUR OPPA WOULD NEVER LEAVE US FOR SOMEONE LIKE HER!“

 

Several angry yells were accompanying my walk of shame to the entrance and I was suddenly drenched with a sticky, cold fluidity on my way. SPLASH. One of the fans had thrown a soft drink at me. Tears were shooting in my eyes when I was passing the girls and then unexpectedly a male voice was roaring from the entrance, a tall guy running straight towards me.

 

"HAVE YOU GONE INSANE?!" Jongin was seriously shouting at me instead of scolding his maniacs of fans. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING?!"

 

The EXO member grabbed my wrist to pull me behind him into the building. He brought me into the dormitory where Kyungsoo was giving me destroying glances once he had faced me again. He must have still been with a disgruntled mind over my intrusion the day before.

 

"What do you want here?!", Jongin went on his scolding after closing the door behind him. "Why did you come to this place?!"

 

I needed a moment to collect all of the pieces of my broken self that had splattered with every single piece being thrown at me today.

 

"Look at me...", I mumbled tearfully. "Why do you think I deserved this...?" 

 

Some of the other members were looking through the gaps of their opened bedroom doors to follow our conversation. Kyungsoo was the only one who was physically attending the conversation in a radius of 3 meters.

 

"I never wanted to harm anybody... and what I gained was not only physical but also mental pain. I was thrown at with eggs, flour, soft drinks and even stones... didn't I suffer enough?" My voice was trembling and I sounded more sheepish than ever in my life. Probably because I had never felt as tiny and weak before.

 

"I made sure you keep your job at least. Isn't that worth some gratitude?", Jongin asked indifferently about how his fans had treated me.

 

The shock over his coldness was setting the tears in my eyes free and my cheeks immediately started heating up. Desperately I went on my knees and started sobbing.

 

"Please make this stop!", I begged and bowed down to the floor, my forehead even touching the ground.

 

"There is nothing you can do.“ 

 

His rejection was like he was stepping on the shattered pieces of me.

 

"Paparazzi make us feel exactly the same when they catch us doing things we're not supposed to do. And you even broke into our home. This is karma. You just want to save yourself and you're only thinking of yourself. You could have already made an official statement about you being a paparazzo who only wanted to gain money with the photo and used me instead of being my girlfriend but that would have completely destroyed your reputation and saved mine. Would you do that? No, you wouldn't. And you didn't even think about it, am I right?"

 

Was he serious? He really wanted to kill me... If I did what he was mentioning right now the fans would be all the more angry at me. The hatred would become unbearable. And I would be in the biggest scandal of idol times ever. A paparazzo who kissed an idol to get a scandal on top of her company's news page.

 

"Go home, girl. I'll let our driver take you home."

 

 

 

 

In the morning of the next day I called my company to tell them I would hold a press conference about my relationship with EXO-K 's face of the group. My boss was probably dancing of happiness when I told him that I had some news nobody expected.

 

The conference was announced in the morning and would take place in the late afternoon, so my company had enough time to prepare me for possible questions.

 

Whatever they told me, I was planning to do as Jongin had demanded from me. Even if things would get worse I had the feeling that he would chase me my whole life if I wasn't stopping this nightmare now.

 

My heart was racing as if I had run a marathon when I was taking seat in front of the masses of reporters, looking into a sea of flashing lights as the conference was starting. 

 

The conference's MC was announcing today's task everybody was already aware of. All the reporters were ready to tear me to shreds. 

 

Now it was time... time to burry myself.

 

"Thank you all for coming today...", I spoke into the microphone and took a deep breath. "What I have to tell you today will be shocking news. Even more shocking than the photo which went viral yesterday..." 

 

Mumbling was running through the rows in the audience.

 

"I'm not EXO's Kai girlfriend." 

 

Aaaaand the mumbling was rising to an uproar.

 

"I'm a paparazzo who snuck into the dormitory of EXO and kissed the member Kai to get a photo which I could sell to my company."

 

I closed my eyes when the shouts and screams of the reporter where flooding me like a huge wave... and I wasn't a surfer who could ride on it.

 

The noises where numbed when the door of the conference room was suddenly opened and someone was marching straight towards the long table I was sitting on alone.

 

My eyes opened again, I saw who it was.

 

The almighty Kim Jongin.

 

He stepped in front of me and snatched the microphone off the table.

 

"Whatever this girl is saying, it's a lie. She's a paparazzo, yes, but she's also my girlfriend. And the photo was not released by her but by me who wanted to come out with this relationship."

 

Flashlights were blinding us and Jongin was moving so quickly around the table to get me up and drag me outside of the room that me feet were stumbling over themselves the whole time. I didn't understand what was happening until I was sitting in the boy group's van. 

 

Silence and calmness were leaving space to think again. I was able to rearrange all my phone while Jongin was sitting next to me.

 

"...why did you do that?", I wanted to know when the driver was starting the car. 

 

"Let's say it like this... I did some self - reflection yesterday and slowly realized that I might have gone too far." Jongin was looking out of the toned windows. "And who would have thought that you're stupid enough to really announce that you're a crazy stalker that broke in into our home?"

 

Jongin's chuckle at the end of his sentence was upsetting me a bit.

 

"So what now... ? Everyone in Korea believes that we're dating..."

 

The EXO member turned his head to me and grinned.

 

"Well... we're a couple now. So its your job to get to know everything about me and make me fall in love with you."

 

My frown showed my disbelief in his words. 

 

"Don't look at me like this. You're a professional stalker, this should be easy for you.", Jongin said.

 

"Then I'm your personal paparazzo?"

 

"No.", He contradicted, "You're my paparazzi girlfriend."