Once in a Lifetime Chansey

PokéDrabbles

Once in a Lifetime Chansey
( takes place before sungyeol and myungsoo are dating )

 


Sungjong is fed up with it. He’s so fed up with those stupid looks Myungsoo and Sungyeol send to each other. He’s so fed up with how they blush whenever their hands touch. He’s so fed up with how blatantly they like each other but aren’t doing anything about it! They’re obviously into each other, so why aren’t they dating yet? They’ve been running around in the same endless circle of flirting for weeks – no, months – and it still hasn’t led anywhere.

So Sungjong is fed up.

So fed up that he decides he has to take action if those two dense marshmallows of flirtation are ever going to get anywhere. If they can’t do it for themselves then Sungjong has to push them a little bit. Otherwise it will only get more and more frustrating as time went on. And he decides that tonight is the night where he’s going to shove them in the right direction before they end up losing each other. But it starts with a plan first.

“Dongwoo, you mind helping me out?”

Dongwoo grins at him from behind the Pokémon center counter. “Of course – what do you need help with?”

“We’ve been in town for a few days… and you’ve seen Sungyeol and Myungsoo, right?”

“Your friends?”

“Yeah, the ones that are desperately in love with each other but won’t admit it?”

Dongwoo snickers. “Oh, those two. What about them?”

“I need your help getting them together,” Sungjong says. “And Hoya too if he can.”

“I’m sure Hoya would definitely love to help out as well,” Dongwoo assures him with a wink.

Sungjong grins. “Awesome! I have a great plan and I’ll need both of you to put it into action. Also… I’ll need a Pokémon to help out. Do you have any Pokémon that are really good at listening?”

“Not the babies at the daycare, that’s for sure,” Dongwoo says. “But… hold on one moment.”

Dongwoo disappears and returns with a large Pokémon that’s as pink as his hair and has a large egg in its pouch. Sungjong smiles at it as the pink Pokémon walks to his side and waves.

“Meet Chansey,” Dongwoo says proudly. “She’s my right hand Pokémon here at the center. She listens really well so she’ll be able to accomplish you ask of her!”

Sungjong pets Chansey’s head and says, “Perfect! Now, to begin my masterminded plan…”

 

 

 

 

“So uh… electric Pokémon are your thing, huh?”

“Yeah… yeah, they are.”

“I have an electric Pokémon too! Just one though… uh, Jolteon.”

“Oh yeah, I’ve seen her – she’s beautiful.”

“I thought maybe you could help me train her since you’re kind of an expert in electric types.”

“That would be really fun! I know Plusle really likes playing with Jolteon so training together would be a great experience for them.”

Myungsoo scratches the nape of his neck awkwardly. The atmosphere is kind of tense between him and Sungyeol as they’re walking down the town’s streets, talking. Sungyeol’s Ampharos and Myungsoo’s Leafeon are trailing behind them, playing with each other comfortably. They’re Pokémon are comfortable with each other so why aren’t he and Sungyeol at this moment?

His thinking comes to a halt though when there’s an Aipom blocking his way. Sungyeol stops in his tracks as well, also seemingly confused.

“Wait… what?” Sungyeol asks. “Isn’t this Hoya’s Aipom?”

“Yeah, it is,” Myungsoo agrees. “What’s Aipom doing here without Hoya?”

“Actually I’m right here.”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol nearly jump out of their skin as they turn to see Hoya behind them. Without a word, Hoya snaps handcuffs to both of their wrists. “You’re both under arrest.”

Sungyeol exclaims, “Arrest?! For what?!”

“Uh… an arrest was filed by a civilian. I-It’s a classified case so – you know what, just follow me.”

“What about our Pokémon?” Myungsoo asks, looking worriedly at his confused Leafeon.

“Your Pokémon are going to be taken into custody and will be taken care of at the Pokémon center. They’ll be in good hands, don’t worry,” Hoya says as he starts dragging them away.

“That’s not what I’m worried about!”

 

 

 

 

“How did this happen?” Sungyeol asks miserably, his hands in his face. They’re both stuck in a holding cell now, hopefully waiting for Sungjong to come bail them out. “How am I supposed to tell my mother I’ve been arrested? Oh no, will they even let me compete in the Sinnoh League if I have a mark on my personal record? Oh no…”

“I wish I could call my butler,” Myungsoo sighs. “He could bail us out for sure. And I’m so worried about my Eevees. I know they’re in Dongwoo’s hands but I miss them.”

“How am I supposed to even face my Pokémon after being arrested?” Sungyeol groans. “I don’t know what I did but I messed up – I messed up big time.”

“Me too… How will I ever– what is that?”

They both look up and see someone approaching them. Wait, no it’s two people approaching them.

“Hoya!” Sungyeol exclaims. “Thank goodness you’re here! I plead guilty – give me my sentence and I’ll be on my way and swear to only do good!”

Hoya laughs and so does the pink Pokémon at his side. “Don’t worry about going to court, it’s not going to happen. I came here for another reason – meet Chansey.”

“Oh.” Myungsoo looks at the Pokémon. “Hi Chansey. What’s a Chansey doing here?”

“To keep you company,” Hoya says simply, like there’s nothing weird about it. He opens the cell only long enough for Chansey to waddle in and then locks the door again. “I’ll be back in a little bit once you guys have sorted everything out.”

“Wait, sorted what out?”

“Your stuff. Love stuff, or something. Anyways, this is a once in a lifetime chance so don’t waste it.”

“Hoya, wait, I’m confused, what love stuff–”

But Hoya leaves without another word and they’ve returned to that tense silence of theirs. Sungyeol swallows and looks at Myungsoo who’s looking at Chansey. What exactly are they supposed to do in this situation?

“So…”

“So.”

Chansey makes a happy noise and hops up and down. They don’t really understand what she’s trying to say. But she hops onto the bench they’re sitting on and pushes Sungyeol all the way over to Myungsoo.

It’s weird because Chansey is actually really strong and Sungyeol can’t even resist if he tries. Soon he’s squished up on Myungsoo’s side and it feels awkward despite his heart beating miles per second.

“Um.” Myungsoo sounds unsure of what to do or say. “Well, Hoya said we would be let out if here after we sort out our love stuff so… I guess Chansey’s trying to say that–”

“–we should go out?” Sungyeol finishes. “I mean, if that’s what Chansey’s trying to say.”

“I think we should go out if we like each other.” Chansey squishes them harder together and Myungsoo wheezes out, “I mean, only if that’s what Chansey is trying to say.”

“I’m not really sure what Chansey is trying to say at all!” Sungyeol breathes heavily, feeling like his ribcage is about to burst on itself.

Chansey pushes them harder together and Myungsoo pretty sure he’s about to die. “Well, what are you trying to say then? I can’t understand Chansey, so you talk!”

“What do you mean what do I want to say?” Sungyeol exclaims, straining against Chansey’s push. Chansey laughs.

Myungsoo grunts out, “Do you want to go out or not?!”

There’s a pause in the air and Sungyeol looks at him shocked. “Go out?”

“Yeah. Since we like each other. And Chansey says we should go out if we like each other so–”

“You idiot, of course I’ll go out with you!” Sungyeol shouts in happiness.

Chansey stops pushing them together but it doesn’t really look like they need her to push them together anymore anyways.

 

 

 

 

“Told you it would work,” Sungjong says proudly.

Dongwoo gaped. “Amazing. How did you know Chansey’s forceful pushing was going to get their feelings out?”

“I didn’t. I just asked Chansey to give them a gentle shove in the right direction but I guess she took it literally. Worked like a charm though, so I can’t complain.”

“But,” Hoya asks, “how did you know they would confess their feelings in there?”

“Because they’re idiots, that’s how. I wasn’t kidding when I said they were desperately in love with each other. All it took was a confined room with no distractions to make them blurt it out.”

Dongwoo and Hoya shared at look with each other. Sungjong might be an evil genius.


 

 

a.n. -- 

aka how myungsoo asked sungyeol out. idk how this got so weird it was supposed to be cute but then i basically made chansey torture them how did this happen

pokemon referenced 

chansey -- jolteon -- plusle -- ampharos -- leafeon -- aipom 

also! i would like to thank you all for 100 subscribers  x) 
it means the world to me that at least 100 people are interested in this lame pokemon fluff dump ahaha xD thank you for the support! love you all! ^^
i hope you continue to enjoy my future drabbles :D 

-- quinnie -- 
ask.fm twitter