Foot rubs and Stares

False Cells

Fiddling with his thumbs, Taemin sat between Minho, who was seated on his left and Jonghyun, who was on his right. Onew has gotten on the base's intercom and called everyone to his office. Also in the room with Key, a guy named Kris, and a girl named Luna, they were waiting for Boa, Onew himself, and some girl Minho referred to as Sulli.

 
"So, um, what is it like to live up there?" Minho asked suddenly, looking over with his big eyes.
 
It seemed that Jonghyun and Key had been listening, the older adding, "I've heard they live like kings."
 
"I've heard they all bath in diamond encrusted bathtubs." Key gave his two cents, sounding jealous at the thought.
 
Taemin giggled nervously, not sure if they assume he lives like that. But he wasn't afraid to explain. "Um, it's nice, but I mean you have to follow rules, you can't ask certain things, and it depends on your status of how rich you actually are."
 
"So no Diamond bathtubs?" Key asked, a feeling hit the long haired boy that he was materialistic.
 
"If there are, they not in the place I live." Taemin stated, not doubting at least one person has some swanky palace.
 
Feeling bare skin touch his cotton fabric sock, Taemin glanced down and saw Jonghyun's foot rubbing his. A warm blush spread across his face, not used to someone touching him like this guy was. 
 
"Um, what are.......you doing?" He asked nervous. 
 
"Oh......sorry! I just have this odd tick of rubbing my foot against others." Jonghyun said softly, pulling his foot away.
 
Key rolled his brown eyes, combing his thin hands in his lover's hair. "Yeah, but you know, Juju, foot rubbing up there means you like him."
 
"I do like him, like a friend who should be loved." Jonghyun said rubbing Taemin's hair as he pulls Key into his arms. "But you know that your my only love." 
 
Taemin blushed even more as he felt the warm hand . Peeking over at the two love birds, he saw key nuzzling into the older guy, kissing his other free hand. Feeling like a third wheel, Taemin dove his head down and made Jonghyun's hand fall off him. 
 
Feeling eyes looking at him, he heard Minho start talking to him as he looked up. "Are you scared of touch?"
 
Taemin instantly shook his head. "No, we just don't have the touchy feely nature you guys do."
 
"Doesn't surprise me though, all those guys who get people pregnant and then raising their child with us being raised alone."
 
"Your-" Taemin was about to ask if Minho was an orphan too, but Boa and a short haired girl waltzed in, Onew behind them.
 
"Hey guys, I wanted to talk to you all about what we're going to do about what's going on above." Onew said, sitting behind a desk in his office, a few people sitting on the floor. 
 
"We should take about the guy from there in our premises!" The Luna girl barked, sweeping her strawberry blonde hair back to put it in a cap. "I mean, he is a threat, right?"
 
"I knocked him out, Luna.........he's not that type of person from up there." Minho made Taemin a bit happy when he defended , even if it was a bit embarrassing being know as a wimp. "He's more like a citizen, not a soldier or whatever they have."
 
"It's a militia......." Taemin corrected, Luna giving him a glare, seeming that she thought it was rude of him to do. "It's ran by a company rather than the actual city."
 
"By the mayor?" Jonghyun and Key asked at the same time.
 
Taemin shook his head, his long hair covering his eyes a bit. "The Jung family. They don't exactly own it, but I do know that the father of the family funds them and is on their side. But most the time they use Jung as a moment machine to support troops."
 
Getting in front of him, Boa gave him a doubtful expression. "So you know these people?"
 
"Hmmmmmm............they're daughters are kind of my friends....... but they aren't any part of their father's doings." Taemin spoke, afraid a bullet might end up in his head.
 
After a minute of silence went by, Onew pulled up a article of the news. "I agree with him, this article is about people giving their condolences to the people killed."
 
Nobody seemed to care, not a worked said. Feeling guilt, Taemin gulped, but what could be disagree with these people; the mayor was caught killing them, what could he say about how he treats people not above.
 
Sulli look at Onew as she sat on the floor, wearing a black dress, black stockings, and a oversized jacket. Her hair was short and messy, just hanging below her jawline. "So, what's our plan?"
 
"Yeah, we can't just wait till they barge in on us and take us out!" Kris said, Luna, Sulli, and Key agreed with a vocal reply.
 
"What are we gonna do though? I've been up there and I stand out up there." Minho said, seeming to be that only him and Jonghyun have been above ground.
 
Looking at Taemin, Onew gave him a look, one that had a idea behind it. "What if we ask someone to help us out."
 
It was at that point that Taemin noticed all the eyes on him, Boa hinging his a sharp glare as her beauty mark also stood out. Jonghyun nudged his arm, give a small grin and Key held onto him.
 
Taemin took a breath, looking down at the two choices he had. He could go back, pretend these people being hunted for something they didn't even do didn't exist or he could help them and become a trader to his own kind. This choosing sides was hard, but he'd have to pick one.
 
Musing both sides, he heard a voice in his head. It said, sweety, no matter what, go with your heart, not your mind when you make promises, ok?. Knowing it was his mother's voice, he agreed with it and he listened to his heart; it said help them.
 
Looking back up with all the states, which were from brown irises and narrow faces, Taemin knew he could say it. "I'm........going to help, but we all have to pitch in.......so, who wants to go up there?"
 
Let's just say, more than one hand went up.