Jiyong's daily routine

Light of hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I'm bringing a new chapter! Please keep suscribing and let me know what you think in the comment section juseyo!

+           +           +          +

Cap 02: Jiyong's daily routine

 

09:00 am

It was time for breakfast. As we were 5 people and the table was for 6, a chair had to be left over... Top and I decided to sit at the ends of the table as we were the breadwinners. Daesung and Kyunghee sat being face to face, leaving two empty chairs, each having one on their side.... our grandmother was the last to sit down. She looked both chairs and decided to sit next to Daesung. It shouldn't surprise me, grandma is always very cold with my Kyunghee. 

"Oh, it's cold!" Youngja -our grandma- complaint, settling sweater she was wearing. "Why is everyday like this?" She asked Top while he was serving breakfast.

"You're cold everyday, what's new about that?" He muttered sarcastically as he put a plate in front of grandma.

And here they go again...

Grandma got surprised. "What did you say?"

"Nothing!" Top hurried to say and went to the kitchen.

I stayed out of the conversation, I knew how it would end... I put some books on the table, I had to study before going to college. So far everything was going well until Daesung had to interrupt...

"You want to bet?" My brother muttered looking at Top and grandmother. I looked at him angry and frustrated.

"Shut up" I said simply and put my attention on my notebooks again.

"You want to bet?" He again repeated.

"Stop.Bothering.Me" I gave him a death glare. If he kept bugging me I was going to hit him.

"Chicken, it's just a dollar" He complained, sticking out his tongue.

I ignore him and just continue studying, this guy was very annoying, if it wasn't because I had a lot to study, I certainly gave him some hits to learn to respect his hyungs.

Top came up again with another two plates and handed them to Daesung and our grandma. Grandma looked at the dishes curiosly.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Fruits and cereals" He just said without looking at her and went back to the kitchen.

If you wonder why Top is in charge in the kitchen... it's because he's the only one authorized to. Daesung, Kyunghee and I even tried to cook something to help him with the homework when he wasn't around, but let's suppose it didn't go so well to say. Besides burn almost the entire kitchen,  the oven was about to explode, breaking almost all the dishes and all food in God knows what, the painting had become a gray color and quite apart we just burned all the clothes. 

When Top arrived he wasn't very happy, we got a good scolding of 2 hours and also we had to reassure our grandmother because she had a nervous breakdown and thought we would all go to hell completely burned. 

"What?" Our grandmother asked again, because she didn't hear it.

"Cereal" Daesung repeated , now stronger.

"Oh! Has it started? Oprah's serial?!" She said, getting excited.

Kyunghee tried not to laugh as she passed a spoonful of cereal.

Daesung smiled. "No the TV serial... the cereal we eat" He points out the cereal that was on the table. Grandma's expression changed to disappointment.

"What a novelty! Is what we eat every day" She said looking bored to her plate of cereal. Daesung looked disapprovingly at her grandmother. "Poor grandson! He can't cook oriental food"

I looked up to see Top, he had the expression to be containing a lot of anger. Despite being the older brother, he doesn't have patience. I resigned and kept studying.

Top went to his grandmother, he puts with some force a glass of juice on the table and returned to the kitchen. Grandma was a little surprised.

"My beloved grandson, Top" She said, trying to provocate him.

Top stopped walking, looking at her. Daesung and I raised our eyes, incredulous while our grandma smiled mischievously.

"You know, Jiyong..." She said smiling at me. "I had a wonderful dream last night... in my dream, I ate a delicious and freshly prepared Kimchi." She eats a little  of cereal before continue. "A delightful  Kimchi with spicy sauce...Oh, how I miss Seoul..." She fake a sad look.

I straightened my glasses and sighed, suddenly I feel getting closer.

"If you miss Seoul so much then you must go away there" Top said and looked at me, making me feel in between their fight. "What do you think, Jiyong?"  

"YAH!" Our grandma shouted loud enough to draw the attention of Top and everyone. "I'm going nowhere. If I leave, what will happen to these children?" Grandma looked only at Daesung. "I'm very concerned about them" She said messing Daesung's hair, receiving a fake smile on his part. 

Top smirked glaring at her grandmother and went where Kyunghee to hug her protectively. "And I AM concerned only about them" Daesung and I making eye contact, not knowing what to do. "They are my brothers" Top replied bitterly.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, starting to get annoyed. "Oh never mind! It's true! Yeah, of course, why would you be concerned about me, huh? Who am I to you?" Her voice was getting louder. "If only my son was alive today, he'll-!" She was going to continue with their claims but Top shut her up.

"You're right, only if my father was alive." Top let go those words with a neutrality that was scary.

And that's when I couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop this! Just stop it!" I screamed totally angry. Everybody went silent in the dinning room, our grandma was about to complain but I shut her up hitting the table with the sound of my books. I closed them and quickly put everything into my bag. I looked at them with anger and I pulled a dollar from my wallet. "Here's your dollar, you won... AS USUAL" I handed Daesung a dollar and let it out on the table. "Are you happy now !?"  Daesung looked frightened and a little embarrassed, maybe he shouldn't make that bet anymore. "And both of you-" I looked at my brother and my grandma. "You're unbelievable!" 

I took my things and without saying goodbye, I leave the house to go to college.

My mornings began the same everyday, Top and grandma's fight, followed by my angry walkout. In fact, I never ate breakfast at home because of these fights. 

I went to the cafeteria that was near my home with hurry step and found my best friend and neighbor, Taeyang. I stood in the line just behind him to buy me a coffee when he noticed my presence and turned around. 

"Hello Ji!" Taeyang greets me politely and I just replied him with a short 'hey'. "Oh, hold on a second" He turned back to talk to the seller. "Humm, please make the 2 blueberry muffins, a latte coffee with lots of sugar, three sandwiches with cheese and ham, a piece of orange cake, flan and your telephone number." Taeyang gave her a eye smile, making her blush. 

I rolled my eyes, I didn't remember since when he start the be more flirty... and since when he ate that much food in the morning? I hate him, his body shape was enviable. I coughed hard to remember Taeyang that I was still there.

"Oh, right! What will you order?"

Let me introduce him, he's Taeyang. Full name, Dong Youngbae. My neighbour and unfortunalety, my best friend. Everybody used to think we're brothers or cousins because of the similarity of our last name. 'Dong' and 'Kwon' kind of sound the same to be honest. He has two problems, he never gain weight even if he eats all the junk food in the town... but I don't think that's a problem, well whatever. And two, his desperate behavior to have a girlfriend scares all the girls he flirts with.

"Earth calling Jiyong!" Taeyang called me out of my thoughts.

"A double expresso, please" I said quickly to the seller.

Once we paid for our breakfast, we went in the direction of the train station. When we entered, I remembered I had a letter for Taeyang.

"Hey" I called him, and saw him devouring his sandwich. "You always eat food that fast?" I asked with some curiosity.

"Not only food, you know" Taeyang smirked as he raised his eyebrows, playfully.

I was dumbfounded and incounsciously I smiled. "I don't know and I do NOT want to know." I replied trying not to laugh, Taeyang was looking at me so weirdly. It was hard. "I'm going to pretend you didn't say anything." I coughed and Tae began eating again. "So, here's your letter. It came again in our house." Taeyang took the letter and started reading it while walking beside me. "I don't understand it, seriously. Your last name is 'Dong' not 'Kwon. I can understand people here get troubled with the pronunciation but not with the reading! Is that hard to read?!" I took a sip of my coffee while dodging people.

"Oh Jiyong! Check this out!" Taeyang exclaimed ignoring all my chit-chat. "I got a reply from Blind Date application!" He just said cheerfully hitting my shoulder to get my attention.

"What application?" I asked not really interesed. 

"It's a very good service, it's very popular in New York! Just fill in a form describing the type of girl you like, then write something about yourself, they match the details and BINGO! You get the girl!" Taeyang answered me with such enthusiasm I was surprised. What a silly thing.

"Oh really?" I tried to sound happy about it but I think I sound more like sarcastic. I can't help it, it can't be that Taeyang believe in things like that. "So what did you write about yourself?"

"Uhm..." He suddenly got nervous. "You see, I have written the truth, what is... is..." He began to stutter, that meant one thing, he was trying to lie.

"What did you write?" I asked him again, now smirking. I love seeing a nervous Taeyang. 

"That from a far I look like Brad Pitt" He whispered quickly, but I managed to hear it.

I let out a laugh and stopped walking. "And up close, like Jet Li son?" I asked ironically and just as I said that, someone pushed me making me spill my coffee on my clothes. "What the fukk!" I got shock and turn around to search that man -because I am sure it was a man- to kill him! But I didn't see anybody. A few persons was looking at me, especia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter