Conflict

Anyone like you

A nervous dark-haired boy was walking in his room side to side, running a hand through his hair and snorting as he wondered why he was so upset. Few days ago he had accidentally heard a conversation of Seokjin with his friend, in which he said he would leave the company.  Namjoon did not know what to think. He dropped into one of the beds and sighed. Why he couldn’t stop thinking about that? Why he felt so worried? He placed a hand on his face and let his thoughts to calm down, he would not think about anything.

He listens as someone enters and for a moment thought that it might be Seokjin. Actually, he had not considered the possibility to talk to him, maybe apologize, but again came indecision in him, he didn’t know whether to apologize or not. For when he hears footsteps approaching the room, his heart raced, expected to see the familiar brown-haired boy with big eyes and calm expression he knew. But instead he saw one of his teammates who was sleeping in that room. Namjoon sat on the bed, waiting, but when he saw another boy, he sighed and turned to drop into bed. The boy greeting him and he returned the greeting. Then he began to tell that today the dance class was more difficult than normal and that he was exhausted, to Namjoon couldn’t care less. It was until he said the name of someone he know that caught his attention.

"Oh, and also Seokjin hyung missing to practice" the boy said taking a change of clothes "Is rumored that maybe he leaves the company" this time he turned to Namjoon when he said that "Do you think he will leave?" he asked curiously.

Namjoon thought for a moment, knowing that the chances were high. But to realize his long silence, he shook his head and said:

"Why would I know?" he said abruptly, feeling his pulse quicken slowly.

"It's true. I bet this doesn’t matter to you," the boy smiled "After all, you and Seokjin hyung never got along" the boy went with some clothes in his hands.

The dark-haired boy snort again and could not stop the guilt growing in his chest. It’s true that he had a day without seeing Seokjin, so the possibility that he might have gone began to worry him. No matter what he think of him, he was still a person and could get hurt by what he said. He ruffled his hair and left the room on the way to the company. He needed to talk to someone or he will explode.

Before he knew it, he was in front of the office of Bang PD. It seemed ridiculous to talk about personal problems with his producer knowing he might not even imported, but he couldn’t think of anyone else.

When he knocked on the door he heard a "come in". That was not the official office of the producer, but most of the time there he was, so everyone thought in that room as his office. When he entered, he perceived a somewhat tense atmosphere, maybe it was due to the preparations for the group, which had the man stressed. He wondered if it was a good idea to overwhelm him more.

"What’s going on?" the man asked, gesturing with a hand pointing to hurry.

Namjoon turned awkwardly, still contemplating not say nothing and just go.  But then he noticed that he would only be avoiding the problems if he left. He shook his head slightly and walked to the desk where Bang PD was.

The phone rang and the man answers. He was someone usually quiet and calm, but Namjoon was seeing a new side of him, he seemed rushed and busy. Being a producer and be in charge of a company and also a new group must be tiring and stressful. When he finished the call, he hung up the phone and leaned tiredly on the chair, then looked at Namjoon.

"You’re here because of Seokjin?" the man asked, still staring without much expression on his face.

Namjoon opened his eyes in surprise. How does he know? Sometimes he thought he could see through him, and that did not like him very much, it made him nervous.

"How…?" He couldn’t complete the question.

"How do I know? I thought that something like this would happen to Seokjin, although I'm a little surprised you're here just for him. I understand that you two don’t get along very well. But I also know that for some reason you’re more attentive of what Seokjin do"

The revelation made dark-haired boy's cheeks blushed slightly. That was it, he would never come to that office for personal advice. The man before him could see his thoughts and leave it exposed as if he was just a kid.

Namjoon coughed to endure the discomfort he felt now. If he knew, then...?

"You knew Seokjin would say something like that?"

"I certainly didn’t think he wanted to go, but I think he would have some trouble adapting" he nodded as he checked his cell because that sounded "Say Namjoon, do you dislike Seokjin?"

The dark-haired boy didn’t answer. If he thought calmly, he didn’t displease him, not hated him, not even disliked him, he just irritated him and make him feel a little uncomfortable, but that wasn’t clear why. So with a cooler head, he replied:

“No”

"Do you think he hates you?"

"...No..." he couldn’t assure that, but the personality of Seokjin not seem like the type who goes through life hating people, in fact he was someone friendly "Can I ask you something?" the dark-haired boy looked to his producer. The man nodded and he continued, "Why do you recruited Seokjin? Do you really think he have talent?"

He knew it was a bad way to ask, but he was desperate to be able to understand himself. Taking a different point of view of someone, then he could understand better the full picture.

"Don’t you think he have talent?" He replied with a question. Namjoon snorted frustrated. Bang PD just gave a little laugh and keep on "How do you think I choose the trainees? Do you think that I’m only interest in sing, dance and look good? It might be easy to choose them that way, but I prefer to concentrate in other areas. For example, how well they resist the pressure, failure, and act in teamwork, whether they are able to grow in different areas” Namjoon listened intently, thinking where he was going "I do care that they are great artists, but also a great person do you understand me? I do not want a talented artist that as start succeed his ego is triggered" shook his head "I've seen you all, know your weaknesses also Namjoon" the dark-haired boy knew immediately that refers to dance “But your perseverance shows when you go to every dance class and try it even though you know you're not as good. You practice and you strive and improvements gradually, that is what music is about, that is what life is all about"

The dark-haired boy was silent, thinking of the words of the producer. Namjoon knew what he was talking, his weakness was always dancing, and still is. But to be in the group he must also learn to dance. The first classes were a torture, he felt pathetic and silly doing something that he wasn’t good. But as they continue the classes, he was improving, despite seeming impossible, he really felt progress. He knew he would never be able to move as Hoseok does, or others of his teammates, but he knew what it was to work hard for something, and pleased to have continued without surrender.

"You chose Seokjin based on that?"

"Yes. I can’t deny that what gave him a place was his face, but he has the attitude to be an artist. He works hard at everything he does, and keep trying when he fails"

"Will you let him go?"

"I can’t hold him," he admitted, "But maybe a talk will make him reconsider things"

"Will you talk to him?"

Bang PD looked at him a moment, hoping he would take the hint.

"Me?" the dark-haired boy points out himself "B-but..." he stammered the last word, "What am I supposed to say?" he stopped abruptly from the chair.

"What I just told you," he said calmly.

"Isn’t it better he hears that from his mouth?"

"I think it will be good to hear that coming from you"

“But…”

"Go," he pointed to the door, telling him to go at this time

 

 

 

Namjoon moved his head at the sides and sighed. He began to say at himself that talk with Bang PD had not done much, what he most wanted to avoid is a conversation with Seokjin.

He rubbed his hands into his hair and gave a slight scream. What should I do? He wasn’t good at talking about these things with people, let alone he would be nice to someone he hurt with his words. But part of him knew that his producer was right, those words would have greater impact if Seokjin heard of Namjoon.

Ok, he would do it, but only because he feels guilty, somehow.

He then asked where he'll find the brown-haired boy, maybe in the room he was in. When he left the company to the bedroom, he didn’t imagine it would be very difficult to speak with him, really, in the way he was mentally reviewing what he would say, how he would say it and if he should apologize.

When he arrived, he stood outside the bedroom to listen to voices of others, then he saw everyone running out and laughing together, unaware of the presence of Namjoon. The dark-haired boy glanced in, thinking that all were gone.

When he gets to the bedroom and entered the small room, he realized that there were people in the kitchen. He took a moment to recognize who it was. One was Seokjin, and the other was Hyosang, a friend of Seokjin. Namjoon stayed in the room, seeing them as they embrace. Was that a farewell? The dark-haired boy asked again what he was doing there, he didn’t get into the lives of others, then why with Seokjin everything was different? He couldn’t even control his actions and emotions, and that irritated him a little.

Hyosang left the kitchen after a minute and left the room without noticing the presence of Namjoon, and that relieved the dark-haired boy. A moment later, Seokjin was the one who came out of the kitchen on the way to the room. When he came, so did Namjoon, only with slow and silent steps, something strange about him, since he wasn’t very good at hiding his presence.

When Namjoon entered the room he noticed the suitcase on Seokjin’s bed, he had only a few things but the purpose was clear. The dark-haired boy approached to the bed and stood motionless for a moment.

"You’re packing to leave?" the dark-haired boy asked not think in anything better.

Seokjin gave a slight jump at the sudden voice behind him. When he turned, he saw Namjoon to one side of the door, watching him. For a moment the brown-haired boy panicked thinking that maybe he wanted something, or had done something, but then calmed himself, saying he had done nothing wrong and had no reason to feel that way.

"Yes," he replied, turning back to the suitcase

Namjoon gets a little angry for that answer. He really didn’t care to leave and give up easily? It was the first time he saw a Seokjin so serious and indifferent. But Namjoon thought he was just trying to hide how he felt. Namjoon thought maybe he would see Seokjin crying and in a very sad state, but with the change of scenery he had to improvise.

"You know, I think it's good that you go," he said, but his voice took on a more casual tone "A moment ago I spoke with Bang PD, and he said something interesting about the trainees. It’s something like what happens to the animals” the brown-haired boy facing away from him, turned around without understanding that last "The weakest animals can’t survive and end up as food for others. The same happens in the world of music, those who are weak may not survive for long, so it's good to go now that you haven’t been hurt"

Seokjin could be depressed by such words as before, but this time, when he looked at Namjoon, his gaze was not hateful like last time, but seemed to challenge him. The brown-haired boy doesn’t understand why he is affected for what Namjoon does or says, but it does.  So when he heard those words from him, he wanted to leave the company, but this time everything seemed different. Seokjin was confused, he wasn’t sure he could do well, and so he felt lost. But if anything he could be sure it was he wanted to stay in the company and get a place in the group.

Seeing Seokjin said nothing, he thought about trying another way. In fact, he thinks it hurt him, but his expression did not seem of sorrow or something, but rather he was thinking. The dark-haired boy walked toward Seokjin bed and sat on the shore, next to the suitcase, that way the eldest could only see his back. What he was going to say next would be very difficult.

"I don’t think you're bad," said the youngest, pausing, "that you don’t be excellent with vocals or dance not mean you're bad and don’t serve for this..." he sighed, "What I told you... I did that because I feel angry and frustrated somehow, be in this business without knowing if someday you could debut can be stressing, but it wasn’t my intention to make you left"

"No, that’s not..." the eldest said hastily, but the younger spoke again, interrupting.

"What I told you a moment ago is true, about what Bang PD said. But that was not directed at you, I think I said it because it's what I think of me," he closed his eyes, embarrassed after saying that last "I am one who believes that I can’t go on, I am who I’m doubting myself, I only say that to you because I felt I was about to explode," the young man says quietly and wondered for a moment if Seokjin thought him as a loser "I think you have what it takes to stay in this business"

Seokjin passed from surprise to surprise. First, Namjoon opened that way with him and revealed that, and another, he telling him he had what it took to stay. He didn’t know how to react, he just stood in place without making a sound. Then he walked slowly toward the dark-haired boy, sitting next to him. He wondered what he had to say now.

Awkwardly, he placed a hand on the shoulder of the dark-haired boy, patting him.

“I… I've always admired you, Namjoon” Seokjin said, feeling somehow embarrassed "You’re really good at rap and you do it with such passion that sometimes I feel jealous of your talent," he admitted, looking down and removed his hand off the shoulder of the dark-haired boy "The decision to leave the company was just an impulse I had when you... tell me all that. I felt desperate because I can’t find something in what I am good, and be able to be devote to it as you do it with rap. So I thought maybe music was not for me,” he shrugged, "You don’t have to worry about anything, I'm sure things will work for you, because you have talent and you try hard to do what you like"

After saying that it created an uncomfortable silence in the room. Seokjin stood up from the bed and ran a hand through his hair, he felt his cheeks blush a little.

"Guys shouldn’t talk about these things, you know?" he said with some nervousness. Somehow, he felt a little exposed, leaving his feelings and thoughts to the outside "It's a little embarrassing," he scratched his neck and turned, so that way the youngest didn’t see his flushed face.

"Thanks," said Namjoon, looking at the floor, "You're a good person"

"No... I just..." the brown-haired boy would begin to deny but then he felt arms around his body. He turned his head, feeling how he was hugging him from behind "Wha...?"

"If you turn around, I swear I'll beat you," said the youngest with his eyes down, concentrating a moment in Seokjin’s neck. Seokjin, hearing the threat, turned his gaze back to front, unable to look at the expression that had Namjoon. For some reason he imagined him flushed "Don’t quit"

“Eh?”

"I mean, don’t leave the company," he paused "At least do it if you're sure that's what you want, not just for the stupid words of someone"

“Namjoon…”

"I told you, I think you're good, no matter what others say and think. So... I think you should give it a try"

Maybe it was the words of Namjoon, maybe he was just going through a difficult phase in his life, perhaps were the warm arms hugging him, maybe he just couldn’t take it anymore. The boy felt his brown eyes began to get wet and how his view became somewhat blurred by tears that would come out of his eyes. The fact that Namjoon was hugging him and saying all that made his throat hurt for the sobs that refused to let out. He lowered his head and opened his mouth, stifling his cries, making it a long sigh.

"Just cry" exclaimed the youngest softly, resting his head on the neck of the eldest.

At that moment Seokjin felt tears fell right into the arms of the dark-haired boy. He shook his head feeling too vulnerable to his liking, but then his arms around his body tightened more, giving the necessary support to let him crying out. He had no idea if Namjoon felt the same way as him, he was not sure if he would cry as Seokjin was doing now, but the brown-haired boy understood something, despite their different personalities, they were not so different after all. Both felt the same fears that makes them doubt, but that didn’t mean he had to face it all alone, both could shelter at least a moment as they were doing now. Neither of them was alone.

When the tears stopped and the embrace ended, both men were silent and away from each other at a distance. That embrace didn’t say anything about their relationship, but several things had been clarified now. Seokjin was the first to look at the younger.

"I'm not leaving," he said nodding and then looking at his suitcase, "I want to stay".

"Good," said the youngest, turning to go "Oh, one more thing..." he turned back to look at the boy with brown hair "That hug never happened, okay?"

Seokjin let out a slight laugh and nodded saying "yes" to reassure the dark-haired boy. Namjoon left the room, the brown-haired boy looked at the bed, he had a suitcase to unpack and save.

 

 

 

 

 

The next few days were tired to Seokjin, he had to stay late to make up classes he had missed while in the process of leaving. But even though his body was exhausted by so many dance steps that had to do, and tired of so many vocal lessons he had, he felt that everything was worth it.

Now in dance classes when he was in the back, reviewing the steps of the lesson and feeling that he could no more and his body collapsed on the floor, one known hand always stretched to his direction, encouraging him silently to continue. Seokjin always smiled when he saw the serious face of Namjoon. You could tell he feign indifference, that’s why he could not help but smile when he looked at him, knowing that Namjoon was not the insensitive and cold guy who everyone thought he was.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I apologize for any grammatical errors. Thanks for the comments~