Nobody else

Anyone like you

Ok, then, this first chapter basically explains their relationship. I tried the best I could to keep their personalities, but it's impossible to know how they really so I hope you don't be surprised if I put some drama.

 

°~°

 

 

If there was one thing Namjoon hated more than dance was perhaps sing. But at this moment he began to appreciate the singing lessons, at least in those clases he not finished all sweaty and with the encouragement and energy in the ground. At this time their dance teacher was teaching them the "basic" movements, which Namjoon not see them how easy it anywhere. Beside him, Hoseok dominates the rhythm as usual, others also began to do it, just someone at the back of the room had trouble as much as he did. Seokjin.

At times like this, Namjoon feel empathy for Jin. He knew what was not good dancing. But as much as he wish he could feel sorry for him, he just couldn’t. Every time he saw him he reminded he just had entered in the group by his face, that's why. And that is what angers Namjoon, it not seem fair that kind of selection that made companies, but of course it was necessary to attract the public. For reasons like that Namjoon didn’t speak to him, you could not even say that they tried to get along, or when they had to go out in public he does his best to ignore him. Maybe he was acting childishly, you'd think it was jealousy, but Namjoon couldn’t help it.

When Namjoon joined the company, it was with other ideas. He had been recruited when they heard him rapping, and he could not lie, he was flattered that someone was interested enough in him to offer him be an idol. But the idea of being to Namjoon seemed ridiculous and silly, everyone knew that world was false, and honestly the guy didn’t like hypocrisy. But he should admit that the man who wanted to recruit him looked different to the types he had seen before in this place, hunting young boys with dreams to exploit them. Namjoon was young and perhaps naive, but he was not a fool to fall into any trap designed by a producer.

What really was true is that he would like his voice heard in more places, his lyrics reach the ears of people across the world, his music inspire young people like him who had dreams. But the truth was that to do that he had to first be established in a company. Korea is not like other countries where you just become famous for singing or rapping or dancing anywhere, but you need the support of a company if you want your name to be recognized. That's where the contradiction comes, he wanted to be recognized for his music, but didn’t want to be part of the group of idols.

After thinking long and meditate with his family, he thought to give an opportunity to the company. He entered as a trainee, only on condition that he would participate in the songs, what he don’t wanted was to become a puppet who says only the letters of others. He entered as a trainee, only on condition that he would participate in the songs, he didn’t want become a puppet who says only the letters of others. There were many things that changed in his life, his thinking, his acting, etc. But nevertheless he didn’t feel uncomfortable with this new lifestyle. It was said that there will be auditions for the hip hop group that formed the company. Namjoon was part of that group, and was satisfied that it was a group entirely dedicated to hip hop, couldn’t ask for anything more. The other members came slowly, all sharing the same interest in music as Namjoon. Their debut was not far so Namjoon was encouraged to make the best music he could do. He practiced for hours with other boys, writing, composing, sharing dreams, exchanging opinions, etc. Everything seemed fine.

But not everything always work the way you want. Within weeks some members began to leave for various reasons, some because of family problems, others by fear and indecision. There was also a change in the concept of the group. Now they had been told they had to incorporate other aspects the group, singing and dancing, to make the group more attractive. Their debut was postponed because they must now find new dancers and singers. The remaining group began to go, just Namjoon stayed, although he was not sure why. Maybe he still has hope that all that was a nightmare and wake up soon, but it was real, and was happening in front of his eyes.

One afternoon he was in Bang PD’s office telling him he would leave the company. The man was sitting in the chair at her desk looking at some documents when the boy said he would quit. The man stopped what he was doing and looked up at the dark-haired boy in front of him. When he listens the boy’s rap he knew it was good, but not only that, but he had the music in his soul. He was not just another kid playing to , but he really knew what he wanted. So he was surprised when he Heard him say that. The dark-haired man did nothing, just looked at him in silence. Namjoon for a moment thought he would scream or kicked out of his office, but nothing happened, also PD Bang was not that kind of people, he was strict but not cruel.

Finally something broke the silence, and it was just a breath from the mouth of the man in the room. The dark-haired man leaned exhausted in the back of his chair, this month had been crazy with so many auditions. He rubbed his hand against his forehead and looked at the boy.

"Is it because of the change of concept of the group?"

“Is because so much things” he shrugged "You know I accept only come because the company promised me I could write my own songs"

"That doesn’t have to change," he said calmly

"What are you talking about? What plan is to make this 'group'…" he remarked with quotes because he was the only one left, “in one of the bunch"

"Listen, Namjoon" he said peacefully, "If I changed the initial concept is because this group could not succeed just focusing on rap. Fans look for groups with variety and attractive to the eye, fans of hip hop would never be interested in a hip hop idol group of a small company, I think you understand very well"

"I'm aware of that. So why this group was formed in the first place if you knew it was destined to fail?"

"At first I thought it would work, attract the attention of many. But you only have to take a look at the music market today to realize that it would be forgotten like many others. If this were a famous company then they would capture the attention of many people and could achieve," he said "But this is not the case"

Namjoon understand, everything inside his head is completely processed. It just felt like a traitor to himself if he decided to continue with that decision.

"Groups that have recently debuted, have been recognized for their varied concepts, that's what people want"

"It's so unfair," the boy muttered clearly upset

"I will not force you to stay, that's your decision," the man said sighing "Namjoon, I really think you have potential as an artist"

"And become more than just a doll who is managed by a company?" He said raising his voice, then he repented. He was not being fair to the producer, he never was mean with him and certainly he should be thankful for many things, but he felt his patience was bordering on the limit.

"The fact that you're an idol doesn’t mean you have to change your way of thinking or being"

"This is a joke right?" he said sarcastically "If you want to please someone you have to act like they want you to act"

"Namjoon, believe it or not, there are people out there who do value the effort of an artist and doesn’t only look at his face or his image. But to attract those people need their attention first. But I assure you that one once you show them what kind of artist you are they will not lose interest in you"

Those words sounded good and all, but Namjoon still had doubts. He was aware that the company has to generate income somehow, it was a business after all. But leaving that aside, he don’t like the idea of giving up his dream so easily. Even if he tried his luck in other companies didn’t mean they’ll respect fully his work or they would not want to mold him to their liking. He didn’t know what to do, was very confused.

The man had said a few moments ago that he could be as he wished even as an idol, he wondered if that was possible. He liked to think that Bang PD was right and out there were people who valued his work.

The boy sighs in his seat and looked at producer who had recruited him some time ago. He always said that a good artist is not someone who is famous or who have more money but someone who's still standing despite receiving criticism, contempt or insults. At that time Namjoon felt something similar. He wondered if that was similar to being a good artist.

"I'll stay," the boy finished, once again surprising the producer

There was no turning back. Namjoon had decided to follow the path of music and doesn’t just quit only because an obstacle appears in his way He simply continue forward.

Namjoon had thought that, but every time he have to dance or sing he wondered if he had made the right choice.

Each new member was different than he had known before. Some seemed more naive or superficial than others. But he preferred not judge them, so he tries to get along with everyone. Of course that was the exception, Seokjin. The brown-haired boy at this time make dance steps awkwardly, ducking his head and cheeks red with embarrassment. The teacher sometimes scolds them both because they were perhaps the worst dancing, but then continued the routine, leaving them in the back of the room to go over again the initial steps.

Namjoon doesn’t even stop to ask how Seokjin had managed to enter in the company. Then he concluded that it was by his appearance. He could easily be the face of the group without any problems. And that only made his apathy for him grow it. As now, it was supposed to help each other and try to pull together the choreography, but he refused to talk him or get closer.

Fortunately for both the class ended. It was the last class of the day so Namjoon let out a big sigh of joy. Some of the guys came up and started talking.

Despite having a pretty entertaining conversation, he can’t help looking in the direction where Seokjin was removing sweat from his forehead and his cheeks flushed by exercise. At that moment he realized he always looked him despite saying he didn’t like him. But he had no time to wonder the reason for his behavior. At that time, one of the boys, Hyosang, one of the trainees who practiced with them approached the brown-haired boy. That skinny boy was always with Seokjin, ate together, went together to the practices and even met despite not having the same classes sometimes.

Namjoon stopped his thoughts and stop looking at them after realizing that he knows much more than he should. The sudden revelation hit him aback, as if he'd been hit by a car. If he don’t mind about Seokjin, then why he knows much about him? That made no sense.

Still dazed, he went to the bathroom, wash his face and wanted to clear his ideas a bit. The other boys invited him to eat something outside, but told them he would see them in the restaurant. When he went to the bathroom is surprised by his appearance, he seemed pale and tired, but that should be for the last exhausting daily practices. He splashed water over his face, feeling how refreshing it was after sweating heavily. While he is taking a large sheet of paper and he wiped his face, he heard someone coming out of one of the cubicles. He didn’t care. Only until he dropped the paper and threw it away than thought seeing Seokjin beside him washing his hands. Surreptitiously, he looked at his reflection in the large mirror. There was the brown-haired boy who always had the same expression, and he was not looking him, he just quietly wash his hands and looking down. That too was something that bothers him, the fact that he never saw him in the eye, Namjoon understand that sometimes he could be intimidating but he never said anything to him to be afraid.

Seokjin finished washing his hands and went straight to the door without dry his hands. That's when Namjoon patience snapped. Without raising his voice started to speak to the auburn-haired boy:

"You really are interested in music?" he asked, turning to his direction. The brown-haired boy froze in place, saying nothing "Tell me, why did you decide to become a singer?"

"Huh?" It was the first time Namjoon heard his voice clearly. The boy had finally turned and looked into his eyes, but still seemed stunned.

"You're no good dancing or rapping and your singing is not very good to say," said closer to the brown-haired boy who began to back with his eyes open when he realized his proximity, but more for what he was saying. He looked down and that made Namjoon even more angry "But your face is good right? That's what assures you a place in the group right?" Namjoon couldn’t believe he was saying everything he ever thought, "But tell me what will happen to you the day you no longer have that face?" with that question ended the dark haired, without another word he left the bathroom leaving a quiet boy with brown hair standing near the door.

Namjoon knew what he said was more than bad. He was aware that words can hurt a person even if doesn’t seem. But he hadn’t been able to control himself, he was still nervous to discover a moment ago he knew a lot about Jin. Perhaps just now in the bathroom was an attempt to make the boy feel bad just to reaffirm his aversion against him. He didn’t know what it was, but thinks that this time maybe he went too far.

He thought forget that incident. The brown-haired boy didn’t defend in any way, or perhaps had not even had time to do it. If he had anything to say, then surely he seeks him. Namjoon was willing to hear his answer, or at least a couple of hits for open his mouth.

 

 

 

 

Seokjin had been standing in the bathroom with eyes down and dejected. If that boy thinks that about him, then that also other people might think. Honestly, he was not entirely sure why he had entered the company. A guy came up to him one day and told him to audition for that company. And Jin did so, but now he wondered if that really was a good choice. Maybe that was not his profession and he was only wasting time.

 He felt a lump forming in his throat and his eyes began to bother him with tears that gathered to leave at any time. He hated being so sensitive, was angry with himself for mourn, wanted to disappear. He put a hand to his face and was pressed against his eyes, refusing to shed a tear.

He hears as someone enters and drops quickly shifted his eyes. He looked down until he felt a hand on his shoulder. When he turned saw one of the members standing behind him looking worried. Hyosang was his only and best friend. Both had entered the same day to the company and the slim brown-haired boy was the first to speak him, he approached him even when Seokjin was being alone. At times like this he is grateful to have someone at his side because he knows that he would crumble at any time.

"Hyung, what happens?" He asked to the boy only months younger than him, but he was always polite to him, "Why are you crying?" this time he walked in front of him for not trying to escape his gaze.

"What do you mean? I wasn’t crying," he let out a small empty laugh that betrayed him.

“Hyung, you should know you’re bad hiding your feelings” the boy said, and without another word walked to the brown-haired boy and hugged him. Seokjin wasn’t used to direct contact with people and it takes him a while to correspond "Okay, you don’t have to tell me what you have, but if you want to mourn you can cry over my shoulder," exclaimed softly.

"How can you say that to someone who’s older than you?" tries to joke, but all that came out were tears in his eyes. He could take no more, if he tried to hold the tears his chest and throat hurt too much. He had no strength to build a wall around him and don’t let his feelings come out "Hyosang, I think I should left the company," he murmured even with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"What? Why?" the boy could not help sounding impressed.

"I'm not good at anything I do," he shrugged even in the embrace. He slowly separated from the younger and looked at him. He always seemed to have a look between playful and innocent in his face so he smiled, thinking he looked cute with that expression of bewilderment "Is the best"

"Best for whom?" he asked without understanding "Hyung, what happened? Why did you take this sudden decision?" This time he took his arm with wide eyes.

"It's something I had been thinking for a long time. Every time I go to every class I don’t see any progress, indeed, it seems like I do worse than before," he admitted, looking down a moment "You don’t have to worry about me, I’ll always support you," he said nodding.

"That's not the problem," he refused "Hyung, do you really think you have talent? I believe in you, hyung"

"Thanks Hyosang" he said without answering the question before, "You're a good friend"

 

 

 

 

As the two talked in that place, a tall dark-haired boy was leaning against the wall, listening to what the two talked. Maybe anyone would think he was spying but wasn’t, he returned for something that he had forgotten in the practice room and saw Hyosang entering the bathroom. He would not give importance, until he hears raise his voice. That's when he hear Seokjin intended to leave the company. He wasn’t going to lie, the news shocked him, and more because he had decided that after what he said and that made him feel guilty. But apparently this was something the brown-haired boy had decided a while. Namjoon knew that was not his problem if it was a decision he had made. But he couldn’t help feeling angry, confused and to be honest, a little sad.

 

 

 

I hope you guys liked.

Thanks for reading^^