Chapter 2

What control...?

Thank you so much for subscribing and the comments! 

 

--

“Good morning,” Lee Jinki, Chanyeol’s manager, said cheerfully when he waved from behind the steering wheel. Baekhyun was only a little bit uncomfortable with this idea and as he climbed into the back seat, there was merely one thought on his mind. Does he know about us? He didn’t dare ask Chanyeol because what if his manager didn’t know and that would give them away? There was also a small part of his brain that argued that Jinki must have had some kind of idea because Baekhyun was pretty much a regular guest anywhere Chanyeol went. Yet the conversation had never gone that particular way and so he had never had to talk about it before. However, now that they were seated in the van, he wasn’t sure whether they should keep quiet or talk about it already.

“You’re so nervous,” Chanyeol said with a smile on his face and he pinched Baekhyun right above the knee to which the small male let out an embarrassing squeal and he had to cover his mouth right away. Baekhyun slapped his hand away, but he couldn’t deny the smile that wanted to creep up on his face.

“Baekhyun-ah,” Jinki called from the front-seat and, as if caught red-handed, Baekhyun shot his head up to look in the rear-view mirror, a strange fear gripping him, “if you’re worried about me… I don’t mind, I know,” he said and there was a toothy smile. Baekhyun looked down because of it, now he was afraid they were totally showing and he didn’t want Chanyeol to get into trouble because of it. But apparently, his tall boyfriend had caught on to his awkward lip-biting because of stupid fears he shouldn’t have and soon, his face was lifted by Chanyeol’s hands. Looking into those eyes would never become normal, he thought in the silence in which only the car’s engine was heard.

“Baek… hyung says don’t worry – he means don’t worry, please?” Baekhyun could do little else than sigh and give in – he was being stupid again. He buried his face in Chanyeol’s neck to the best of his abilities being seated in the car.

“Sorry,” he muttered and quickly placed a kiss there, before he returned to his seat as if that didn’t happen. “So, what’s for food?” he asked, smiling innocently at Chanyeol, whose eyes were somewhat darkened, but he shook the mood off and opened the bag he took with him.

 

They were seated in the car for about two hours and a half and Baekhyun started to get an idea of where they could be going, although he really had no idea – there were multiple activities near the beach after all. It didn’t matter to Baekhyun anyway, his heart was pumping happily in his chest and he didn’t care whether they were simply going to the beach, or one of the sea-side parks, or shopping or whatever Chanyeol had in mind. Jinki parked the car someplace that was still non-revealing for the destination and Baekhyun and Chanyeol both got out of the car, the smaller of them getting more and more excited by the second. Well, Chanyeol was too, but his face was naturally excited so it didn’t show as much.

“So the sea,” Baekhyun said, looking around and seeing the long grasses surrounding the houses that were built in this area. The slightly salty air filled his nose and he gripped the backpack he had filled with mainly packed food and drinks. But also a flashlight, because you really never knew. And a map of Korea, might things go completely wrong. And of course his camera, which he had grown to love a lot now that he had someone to take pictures of.

“Yep, the sea it is indeed,” Chanyeol said and tugged the smaller man with him, not bothering to wait for Jinki who soon fell behind a little bit, but Baekhyun thought that was probably the plan anyway. “We need to walk for a little bit though because there’s hardly any parking-space where I want to take you.” Baekhyun didn’t mind – at all. Walking beside his boyfriend was, to be completely honest, one of the things he had always dreamed of. Well, ever since he knew he wouldn’t have a girlfriend, that is. Before he’d forget, he picked his phone out of the pocket of his jeans and switched the sound off, he was not going to be interrupted by Sehun and his rants about Lu Han. Oh. And also not by Kyungsoo, if he’d try to apologize yet again.

“I managed to get a ticket to your show next week,” Baekhyun said, referring to the small, almost non-existent concert of about five songs. Chanyeol looked down, a grin on his face when he met Baekhyun’s eyes.

“But you were going to come anyway,” he said and Baekhyun laughed because sure he would, he hardly ever let Chanyeol go anywhere alone anymore and he was absolutely not offended even though he was mocked again.

“Of course, but I never see the other side of the stage… And I was just wondering, you know – how you look from there,” Baekhyun replied, already imagining Chanyeol’s cool stage image.

“Well of course I look super cool and you know it,” the taller male said and they both laughed because how stupid was their conversation really? It didn’t matter though. They walked up a hill and as they stood on top, Baekhyun stopped although Chanyeol wanted to just continue on walking as they weren’t at their destination yet. He looked back at the small man questionably.

“It’s beautiful, look…” he said and smiled, rummaging around the bag and taking the camera that was always travelling with him. He gestured for Chanyeol to look at him and strike a pose – which of course he did – and snapped a few pictures before he was good to go. He didn’t dare to hold his boyfriend’s hand in public though and that was about the only thing that made him feel a little bit sad about this outing.

“Hey, what about you though? Can’t fill a photobook when we’re old with only pictures of me,” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun cringed because of his previous thoughts about being in public, but let it slide as there was nobody around anyway. He struck a similar pose as Chanyeol did just now and when they were all set, they continued their walk towards the destination that was still unknown to Baekhyun.

“So tell me, where are we going?” he tried again and his hand reached out to take Chanyeol’s, like he usually did when they were talking, but took it back and clenched his fist.

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” Chanyeol said and a brilliant smile made Baekhyun shake his head again. “It’s there, though,” he continued, pointing his finger in the direction of a Ferris wheel, overlooking the shore and Baekhyun’s eyes began to practically shine to which Chanyeol chuckled. “Yeah we’re going in there first,” he said with a grin and then added as if it was nothing; “so I can hold your hand and kiss you too, while we’re out in the open.” Baekhyun’s face flushed red and he slapped the taller male’s arm with little force.

“Don’t say things like that oh my god you’re making me excited,” Baekhyun mumbled under his breath but he was pretty sure his boyfriend heard him because laughter filled the air and Baekhyun’s stomach tingled with butterflies.

When they got closer to the Ferris wheel that stood on the outer part of a small shopping area, surrounded by roads leading to close-by, larger districts, the streets started getting more crowded. It happened more and more often that people would glance over at the couple and young ladies would point and giggle, some even squealing upon seeing their apparent idol. Baekhyun was barely noticed – and he didn’t care about that at all. What he did care about though, was that Chanyeol seemed to be a little bit uncomfortable all of a sudden and Baekhyun didn’t quite know why that was.

“What is it?” he asked after he had made sure the tall man would even hear him, seeing as he was pretty much in his own world. Nudging his shoulder seemed to do the job pretty well though, so he didn’t have to go into boyfriend-mode this time. A smile was sent his way, but it was pretty obvious that Chanyeol was tense.

“No it’s nothing. Don’t worry,” he said and it seemed like he didn’t even believe himself. Baekhyun decided he would because Chanyeol tried for him after all. “Come, let’s get the tickets to get on that thing,” he continued and although Baekhyun was glad to get into a small cubicle with his boyfriend without everyone watching them, he was afraid that if they’d go in like this, they’d be talking about Chanyeol’s discomfort instead of… enjoying their little bit of time alone.

“No, wait… please? I don’t want you to be uncomfortable,” Baekhyun tried before they even went to stand in line.

“You’re right… Okay wait here for a second,” he said and turned towards a small group of girls that Baekhyun noticed before – apparently they had followed them all the way here. The tall male said some words to them and Baekhyun tried to strain himself to hear what it was, but he couldn’t and could only make out their disappointed facial expressions before they turned away and left. Chanyeol returned, looking radiant as ever and after he turned back around to look if the girls were still there, he grabbed onto Baekhyun’s hand even though the smaller male didn’t dare to. “Come,” he said and pulled him towards the cashier. 

--

 

They went to a place totally unrelated to Korea because it is based off one of the beautiful places I went to in Japan ^^' 

And don't hesitate to leave me a comment every now and then! It would make me very happy! c: (and motivated too haha)