Chapter 1

What control...?

Thank you so much for subscribing and upvoting and the comment!! <3 I hope it's not disappointing o-o 

--

 

Chanyeol had had an extremely busy schedule and since Baekhyun didn’t have to work that night, he decided to do the grocery shopping alone. But when he got back, both hands carrying an equally heavy shopping bag, it was awfully quiet in their apartment. Baekhyun frowned shortly, called out Chanyeol’s name with a little bit of hesitation, but figured that maybe, the tall man had forgotten something and needed to go out again. He went into the fancy kitchen, put the bags down on the ground to relieve his hands and shoulders and shrieked when two hands were pressed against his ribcage. Shortly after, the sound merged into Baekhyun’s sincere laughter when those hands began to tickle his sides in all the right places. Then, Chanyeol stopped and pulled the short man’s back flush against himself, resting his chin on Baekhyun’s shoulder with a grin.

“Hi,” Chanyeol said softly, his breath hitting Baekhyun’s cheek while the short man needed to catch his breath first.

“Hey, silly,” Baekhyun replied and turned around to press a short kiss to Chanyeol’s lips before he let himself be embraced tightly – as if they hadn’t seen each other for days. He noticed Chanyeol had just finished showering, his hair still damp and loose clothes freshly washed. He inhaled his boyfriend’s smell before pulling away. “What’s up?” he asked, not really because there had to be something up for Chanyeol to act like this. There was somewhat of a mischievous smile on the tall man’s face, making Baekhyun look at him skeptically for a second, but he barely had any time to doubt his intentions.

“Well,” Chanyeol said, but didn’t continue because he was too busy peppering kisses all over Baekhyun’s face and the small male could only giggle and let him until he finally stopped. “I thought maybe we could have some fun tomorrow?” he asked and that was when Baekhyun took the larger hands into his own.

“I didn’t know you were free tomorrow?” he retorted with a raised brow. Chanyeol laughed and it still managed to make Baekhyun feel like jelly. And then Chanyeol unexpectedly picked him up to place his bum on the kitchen counter – another surprised yelp escaping Baekhyun’s lips. A fond smile was on Chanyeol’s lips and all Baekhyun wanted to do was leap into his arms again – but he didn’t.

“I cancelled my schedule,” his boyfriend replied, innocent look in his eyes to match. Baekhyun sighed and shook his head, but reached his hand out nonetheless to cup Chanyeol’s face.

“Do you have any sense of responsibility?” he asked, but he wasn’t entirely finished. “You can’t just cancel everything a day in advance,” Baekhyun reprimanded, but his heart was swelling almost painfully that his boyfriend had actually done that to make time for him.

“I didn’t do it today, I’ve kind of been planning this for weeks,” Chanyeol replied, a cheeky smile on his face as he observed the surprise on Baekhyun’s.

“You didn’t tell me anything,” the smaller male said with a pout, but there wasn’t a single cell in his body that felt any sadness.

“Of course not, I want to surprise you every once in a while,” Chanyeol replied, shooting his hands out to help Baekhyun off the kitchen counter again, but Baekhyun blocked the hands that might also do something other than help him, but he flushed red once he realized that it hadn’t been his intention to tease Baekhyun again. He grinned and stretched his own arms out to be helped down – as if he couldn’t do it himself – and had no idea that his small spontaneous action made Chanyeol infinitely happier. So when he picked him up again, he didn’t let Baekhyun go right away. “Have I told you I love you?” he whispered and Baekhyun felt like he would be bursting pretty soon.

“Yes, you have, silly,” he answered before kissing his boyfriend, “I love you too.” There was another tickle-attack and Baekhyun was left breathless and giggling, collapsed on the ground and Chanyeol left him there.

“So, I’ll put all of this way and you go ahead and make a list or something of all the things you want to bring tomorrow,” he said and picked up the groceries with a little bit too much ease to Baekhyun’s liking, but he didn’t bother commenting on that – Chanyeol was mocking him after all. That’s why he merely stood up to poke the tall man in his ribs – to which one of those grunting sounds could be heard that had Baekhyun feel more than just happiness – and leave for the living room, picking out one of the small booklets from a shelf.

“Where are we even going?” he asked, because he wouldn’t know what to bring for sure if he didn’t know where they’d go.

“That’s a surprise too,” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun sighed and shook his head.

He couldn’t believe how they had grown so close, how he had become able to treat Chanyeol like a normal person instead of someone he admired so much that he could barely stand his presence. Now, instead of the fear he used to feel when Chanyeol was around, he felt excited and happy, especially with the surprise outing his boyfriend had planned for them and Baekhyun found himself smiling as he jotted down some of the things he thought they’d need.

The room he was supposed to use when he just moved in here, had long since been forgotten because after their first night together, Baekhyun hadn’t even stepped foot in there. Getting used to Chanyeol was something he would probably never be able to do, but he felt way more comfortable now and the apartment really seemed to suit both their lives well – Baekhyun was happy. Even his little habit of getting upset when he had to sing at the bar when he wasn’t prepared, seemed to have died down a bit. Which brought him to a rather disturbing thought as they lied in bed that night. He wriggled himself out of Chanyeol’s grip to turn around and face him instead.

“Chanyeol,” he started, picking up the fingers he had just pried off his waist. He knew his boyfriend was exhausted and was probably a little closer to sleeping than he was, but that didn’t mean he didn’t need to know this beforehand. There was a soft hum, but it didn’t seem like he was actually going to listen to anything and for some reason, that just made Baekhyun’s heart flutter. “Yeol, I only need a second,” he pressed, playing with the fingers he just claimed.

“What?” his boyfriend asked – too slowly and his voice too deep to Baekhyun’s liking, but at least his eyes finally opened.

“With your planning skills… will I be back on time to sing tomorrow night?” There was another of those groans and Baekhyun smiled innocently because he knew exactly what Chanyeol was going to say.

“Trust me for once, ‘kay?” Chanyeol said, then unexpectedly pinned Baekhyun to the bed by his hands. “If we’re not on time, you can request anything from me.” With that, he snuggled next to Baekhyun again and although the small man’s heart was beating somewhere in his throat because of the sudden action, he knew he would sleep pretty well.

 

When Baekhyun woke up from the alarm the next morning, he had a lot of trouble getting out from under the mess that was Chanyeol’s upper body. It wasn’t very unusual though, since Chanyeol’s habit of cuddling in his sleep resulted in this situation many times. Added to that was that Baekhyun always woke up earlier to the sound than his boyfriend did and he had the habit of trying to crawl out of bed as soon as he could. He froze in his tracks when another thought came to mind – one that he wished he had last night instead.

“Yeol, wake up,” he said, only slightly panicking and Chanyeol’s disagreeing groans and moans weren’t making him feel much better. A part of his mind told him that he should merely let the tall male sleep because this was his only day off this week and possibly this entire month, but he didn’t want to mess his plan up entirely.

There were countless thoughts running through his head, but the question at hand was important enough for Baekhyun to try out a new way of waking Chanyeol up – since the ones he knew about would simply take too long. Having finally freed himself from the iron grip, he leaned down to kiss Chanyeol’s not-responding lips, until they did respond. He could feel how Chanyeol smiled against his lips and before he knew it, he had lost the struggle for dominance and he was caught up in slow and loving kisses.

“Yeol,” Baekhyun protested, speaking against the tall man’s lips as he simply wouldn’t move away from him, but he didn’t give up, “how are we going to get there? Public trans–” That was where Chanyeol cut him off and finally answered his desperate tries.

“Don’t worry, Baek, I’ve got things under control…” he said, but trailed off as he glanced at the digital clock that stood on the bedside table. “But we might have to hurry up because my manager will be here in… ten minutes.” He grinned sheepishly as Baekhyun jumped and scrambled away, into the shower. How could he not have set the alarm a little earlier? Baekhyun was rushing enough to be on time though and during the little bit of alone-time he had, he thought of why the hell Chanyeol’s manager would be there.

Luckily, he had already packed everything yesterday so all they really needed to do, was have something to eat. While Baekhyun was trying to figure out how he was going to prepare something so quickly, he ran into Chanyeol who had packed the leftovers from yesterday.

“We’ll eat them in the car,” the tall man said with that same sheepish smile on his face. Baekhyun looked up at him blankly and accepted the soft kiss that landed on his lips.