Be Mine

Will You Be Mine?

Chanyeol went crazy after Baekhyun told him he loved him. Not necessarily in a bad way but he started buying more gifts to Baekhyun and taking him to even more expensive restaurants. Sadly he didn’t notice that Baekhyun was feeling burdened by it all. Baekhyun had always been a hard working person who enjoyed earning his own things and some of Chanyeol’s gifts were over the top. He also felt like eating just rice, kimchi and soup but Chanyeol kept taking them to fancy restaurants. Baekhyun was feeling a bit regretful that he gave up on the slave penalties.

 

“Chanyeol, how about we just eat kimchi stew today? I really feel like eating that.”

“What? Nonsense, besides I have a reservation for a restaurant and we are going to eat the most expensive lamb they have.”

 

Chanyeol looked excited every time he gave something like that to Baekhyun.

 

“I have something for you.”

“What?”

 

Baekhyun saw that glint in Chanyeol’s eyes and was actually hoping for a kiss. Instead Chanyeol opened his suitcase and produced a small box.

 

When Baekhyun opened it there was a very expensive wristwatch inside.

 

“Wow.”

“Beautiful isn’t it?”

 

‘Yeah, but it looks really expensive and I already have one’. Is what Baekhyun wanted to say but didn’t know how without hurting Chanyeol’s feelings.

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

Every new day brought a new gift and Baekhyun didn’t know how to react anymore. It wasn’t only that he felt burden by how expensive they were but also that he felt like he wasn’t giving anything back. He didn’t have that much money to return the big gifts. He was so in love with Chanyeol but didn’t know how to give all that back.

 

 

On a Friday morning they met at the usual place. They kissed and Chanyeol produced a pair of leather gloves from his pocket.

 

“Here, is getting colder so wear these and don’t get sick.”

 

Baekhyun had had the same idea that morning but the only thing he had for Chanyeol was a hot pack. He felt so stupid for having such a silly thing to give that the gift remained on his own pocket.

 

Before going out of work he received a text message from Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol <3: Today we will have steak. I know you love it!

 

Baekhyun felt suddenly exhausted. So he lied to Chanyeol as he texted back.

 

Baekhyun: Actually, I’m sorry. I think I got a

cold and I just want to sleep.

 

Chanyeol <3: What? Oh no! I will take you

some medicine.

 

Baekhyun: No, it’s ok. I have some. I just want

to sleep. I don’t want you to catch it. :P

 

Chanyeol <3: Oh ok. I love you. Get better.

 

Baekhyun: I love you too.

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t like lying to Chanyeol but he did felt like just sleeping.

 

He lay down on his bed that night and saw as the robot cleaner went in and out of the room, later getting stuck in a corner. He let out a sigh and as he looked around the room he could see some of the other presents from Chanyeol. This only made him feel worst.

 

Saturday, he texted Chanyeol first thing in the morning.

 

Baekhyun: Still sick. Sorry that we can’t follow

our plans for today.

 

Chanyeol: I’m coming over.

 

Baekhyun: Don’t. You can’t get a cold.

 

Chanyeol: It’s alright.

 

Baekhyun: No really. I’m ok.

 

 

Chanyeol could sense that there was something wrong. He could see that Baekhyun was running away again. He didn’t know what he did wrong this time. This frustrated him. He loved Baekhyun more than anyone and he didn’t want to fight with him or lose him.

 

During the day, he texted Baekhyun several times and Baekhyun still insisted on Chanyeol not visiting him.

 

On the afternoon he got tired of waiting and drove to Baekhyun’s place.

 

He knocked on the door and when Baekhyun opened it was evident that the smaller boy wasn’t sick.

 

“You look well. I’m glad.”

 

Chanyeol said with sincerity as he made his way in and embraced his boyfriend.

 

Baekhyun let out a sigh.

 

“I’m sorry.”

“Just don't you go on trying to disappear on me again."

"I'm not. I'm just confused. How did we even end up together? You are too good for me and I only get from you, is like I give nothing back."

"What? Are you kidding me?! You give me a reason to smile everyday. You know how I was before I met you. I was impossible, still you filled my days with light, and those incredible kisses. How could I ever ask for anything more than you? It is I who feels I only take. Things? Meals? That's nothing and they will be even less if you are not there to share them with me."

"You are still impossible."

 

Baekhyun said as he hugged Chanyeol with more force.

 

“Did you have dinner?”

“I was about to.”

 

Baekhyun signaled a cake filled with whipped cream on the small table in front of the couch.

 

“That’s your dinner?”

“Hey, sometimes that’s the best thing you could have.”

 

They sat down at the couch.

 

“Do you want some?”

“No, I’m ok.”

“Oh come on! Have some!”

 

Baekhyun took a lot of the whipped cream on the cake and put it on Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol froze for a second.

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

Baekhyun laughed and smiled as he reached towards Chanyeol kissing him on the lips, removing some of the whipped cream from his face.

 

Chanyeol looked as Baekhyun his own lips savoring the cream.

 

“Delicious isn’t it?”

 

Baekhyun reached to Chanyeol again and kissed some more cream off.

 

Chanyeol reached for Baekhyun and kissed him passionately, smearing the other with the whipped cream.

 

“Will you spend the night with me?”

 

Baekhyun asked him.

 

“Of course. Too bad I didn’t bring clothes.”

“You won’t need them.”

 

Chanyeol was shocked again as Baekhyun stood up making his way to the room. He swallowed deeply and started following his boyfriend.

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t know why he took so long to have with Chanyeol, he was just waiting for the perfect moment and today had seemed like the right one. He felt so happy and so in peace while resting with Chanyeol’s arm around him. Both of them were on his bed after making love.

 

 

Chanyeol felt in a daze. He had never met someone he loved as much as Baekhyun. They were perfect together in every aspect. Now Baekhyun was in his arms and his hair was brushing Chanyeol’s nose.

 

“Baekhyun?”

“Hum?”

“Will you move in with me? Or I can move in with you. I… I want to wake up every day like this with you in my arms.”

“I would like that very much.”

“Baekhyun, will you be mine?”

“I already am.”

 

- The End-