Hey Mr. AIrplane

Hey Mr. AIrplane

“Jimin,wake up! Look what time it is now.” Yoongi shouts from the outside of the room.

“Just 5 more minutes,hyung.”

“5 more minutes were 5 more hours for you. Get ready in 10 minutes or I’ll have a breakfast without you.”

Jimin wakes up in a lightning speed. Seven minutes later,he’s been sitting with his boyfriend,eating the sandwich.

“Hyung,eat more.” Jimin put a piece of bread into Yoongi’s mouth

“Stop feeding me. I can do it on my own.” Yoongi drinks the water

“And since when did you drink a water in the morning? Drink this.” Jimin places a glass of milk in front of Yoongi

“Can you please stop treating me like a baby?” Yoongi rolls his eyes seeing his boyfriend’s behaviour.

Jimin shakes his head “I can’t. Because you’re my baby.”

Yoongi closes his mouth with his right hand “I think I’m gonna throw up.”

“I don’t know a man could get pregnant.”

Jimin immediately gets hit by the older “Stop it or I’ll kill you.”

“Okay,I’ll stop it” Jimin continues eating his sandwich “But I won’t stop doing one thing.”

“What’s that?”

“Loving you.”

“I’ve told you to stop doing it! Stop being cheesy.”

“Hyung,your cheeks are blushing.” Jimin pokes Yoongi’s cheek

Yoongi shoves Jimin’s hand “That’s because I wanna kill you.”

Jimin smiles “You already killed me with your love.”

Yoongi sighs “I shouldn’t let you meet Taehyung,should I? Look what he’s done to you.”

“Hyung,Taehyung said Jeongguk loves it when he Taehyung’s being cheesy. Why do you hate it?”

“That’s because Taehyung’s cute when he does it.”

“Wait..did you just call Taehyung cute? Hyung,my heart is breaking right now.” jimin places his hand on his chest.

Yoongi laughs “Yes,I did. Taehyung is so cute I might steal him from Kookie. “

“So,that’s why you woke up so early? To meet him? Hyung,I hate you.” Jimin crosses his hand

Yoongi laughs,but he suddenly stops “Jimin,is there something that you hide from me?”

Jimin continues eating “No.”
“There is. Taehyung told me you refused the offer to go to Japan.”

Jimin sighs “That’s because I can’t speak Japanese.”

“That’s because of me.”

“That’s because of us.”

Yoongi sighs. It’s almost impossible to beat Jimin when it comes to arguing “I’ll be doing fine here.”

Jimin who kept shoving the foods into his mouth finally stops and looks at Yoongi “Then how about me? It will take almost a month to finish the program.”

“You’ll be doing fine as well. This is your chance to make me proud of you.”
jimin immediately protests the older “Hey! So,you’ve never been proud of me before?”
Yoongi only giggles “Japan is your dream place. You’ll be having lots of fun there.”
“Not if I am not there with you.”

“Okay,there he goes again. Listen,you have to go there no matter what. Show the world what you got,okay? Don’t waste an opportunity,Jimin.”

Jimin gives a long sigh “Okay,I’ll go. Don’t call me no matter how much you miss me,okay?”

Yoongi laughs “I won’t.”

Jimin pouts “Hyung,I hate you.”

“I love you too,Jiminnie.”

 

            Jimin’s been in Japan for 22 days,and he already sent Yoongi tons of messages. It is 8 pm now and Jimin is re reading the messages,in hope it will help him fall asleep.

J : Hyung,I already am missing you.

Y: Shut up!you just walked out of the house

J : Hyung,I’m hungry.

Y: I put tons of sandwiches in your backpack

J: Hyung,it’s so cold here.

Y: Jesus Christ,Park Jimin,stop complaining!

J: Hyung,you can’t sleep without me,right?

Y: Zzzzz...

J : Hyung,Taehyung starts to flirting with me

J : Hello? Hyung,are you there?

Y: I just came back from the market to buy ramen.

J : Hyung,how many times do I have to tell you? Ramen isn’t good for your health.

Y: Since when did you become a health expert ?

J : Since you ate less food.

Y : Jimin,I have to sleep now.

J : Zzzzz

Y : I hate you

                Jimin continues re reading the messages until He realized something. Yoongi barely replied his messages lately. He kept reading his own messages.

J : Hyung,I miss you so much. I have to attend a seminar tomorrow. See you.”

Y: I miss you,too. Good luck !

J : Hyung,the seminar was boring. You’ve been sleeping,haven’t you? Good night!

J : Hyung,I am so nervous. It is 4 days to go.

Y: Jimin fighting!!

J : Hyung,I was so busy yesterday that I couldn’t text you. Good night!

 

                “Does Yoongi hyung text you often?” Jimin drinks the green tea. He hated green tea,but it suddenly tasted great when he drank it on the first day he was being in Japan.

Taehyung hesitately nods. He doesn’t answer Jimin.

“He barely replied my texts lately. What if something happened to him?” Jimin couldn’t hide the worry in his heart

“Jimin,I’m sorry.” Taehyung’s  voice is cracking. He seems like holding the tears

“No,really. It wasn’t your fault. We knew the risks that we should take when I decided to come here. Why are you crying? Stop being a drama queen.” Jimin punches Taehyung lightly

“That’s not it.” Taehyung wipes the teardrops “Yoongi hyung has to go.”

               

                Jimin walks down the Tokyo street. He pulls out his phone. There are two unread messages

Taehyung : Jimin,I know it is hard. But it will be harder if you cancel the plan. Please think carefully.

Yoongi     : Jimin,good luck for tomorrow. Make me proud of you.

Jimin takes a deep breathe. He is mad. He is mad at Yoongi. He is mad at Taehyung. He is mad at himself. He is mad at Mr.airplane.

Jimin calls Yoongi.

“Jiminnie!” The exciting voice from Yoongi makes Jimin get mad at Mr. Airplane even more

“Hyung..” Jimin tries to hold the tears “Taehyung has told me.”

“Told you about what?” The voice slowly becomes lower

“Your..your departure.” Jimin is crying

There’s a long silence before Jimin hears a sigh “Jimin,I am so sorry.” The voice almost couldn’t be heard.

Jimin sits on the bench across the book store that’s been closed. He wipes his tears “Hyung,this isn’t fair at all. Why did he give you a ticket when you never wanted to buy it?”

“Jimin-“

“Hyung,I’ll go home. Let’s watch a movie later. We-“

“Jimin,please..don’t make this become harder for us. Do your best tomorrow,and make me proud of you,okay?”

There’s no answer from Jimin. He is just singing the saddest melody in the world. He is crying

“Meet me there proudly,Jimin. Promise me.”

Jimin knows he’s not the only one who sings the saddest melody in the world at the moment he heard Yoongi cry

 

                Jimin is presenting his project to hundred of CEOs from all over the world. There are several times he took a deep breathe. He tries his best to not to looking over the hanging clock and calendar. Today is supposed to be Yoongi’s departure

So,when Jimin finishes his presentation,and gets round of applause from the audience,he quickly gets out of the room and pulls out his phone. He calls Yoongi,but no one picks the call.

He looks at his phone screen. August 9,2015 3 pm.

Teardrops are covering the phone screen.

Jimin sits alone at the top of the building. He looks at the cruelly beautiful evening sky. Tokyo is drizzled. And so is Seoul. He starts to talking while the tears streaming down his face.

“Hey,Mr. Airplane,it is raining now. Can you please stop for a moment ? Let him come off or let me get on.”

Of course,Mr. Airplane won’t answer Jimin. How stupid,Jimin thought. But he continues talking anyway. Maybe Mr. Airplane will listen to him if he talks a bit louder. So he starts screaming,but the voice is drowned by the sobs and the raindrops

“Just one more day,just one more hour,just one more minute,let me watch a movie with him. Let me shove a food into his mouth because no one will do it there when he doesn’t want to eat. Let me throw him a cheesy pick up lines because I know he loves it although ‘I hate you’ slipped out of his mouth. Mr. Airplane,can you cancel the flight for us?”

 

August 9,2015. 3 p.m. Min Yoongi died of cancer.

August 9,2015. 7 p.m . Jimin is still waiting for Mr. Airplane’s answer under the rain.