Chapter 27

Stay With Me

You reached home and went straight to your room. Without even bother to change your outfit, you went to sleep.

"Rae?" Daehyun called you who were asleep. He shook you slowly. "Babe?"

You woke up to his voice and rubbed your eyes. "Oh you are home? What time it is?"

"It's 9.00 p.m. already and you didn't change your cloth since you got here?"

"It's 9.00 p.m. already?! Omg what has gotten into me. I'm too sleepy." You scratched your head.

"Are you sick?"

You slap his hand on your forehead. "Aniyo. I'm fine. I'm just too sleepy."

"If you said so. Go take a bath. Later we'll go out for dinner since there is nothing."


You took a day off today since you feel unwell. You kept vomitting and having an headache. Daehyun had offered to bring you to the clinic but you refused. You decided to call your mom.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Eomma."

"Wae? Aren't you working right now?"

"Ani. I feel unwell this few days."

"Aigoo. You didn't go to the clinic?"

"No. It's nothing. I just kept vomitting in the morning. I just need some rest."

"You kept vomitting?"

"Ne. Wae?"

"Do you always feel tired? Headache?"

"Ne. Wae eomma?"

"You should go to the clinic."

"It's noth-"

"Just go. Do you want me to accompany you since Daehyun is working right now?"

"It's okay. I can go by myself."

"Okay then. Tell me if there is any news." With that, she hung up. You get ready to go the clinic and not forget to tell Daehyun.


You cooked dinner and hummed to some songs. You cooked Daehyun's favourite food tonight. You dropped by the supermarket to buy the ingredient on your way back from the clinic earlier.

"Rae?" Daehyun peeked through the kitchen door.

"Oh hi darling, you are back."

"What are you doing?"

"Duh I'm cooking, Daehyun. Isn't it obvious?" You rolled your eyes and make your way to him. You give him a peck.

"Yes. I know but aren't you sick? And what did the doctor says?"

Instead of anwering his question, you changed the topic. "Go and take your shower first. I make your favourite food for dinner." You pushed him out the kitchen. He just sent you a weird look.

During dinner, both of you talked about your day but whenever he asked you about your visit to the clinic, you would changed the topic. You don't want to tell him yet.

You joined him on the couch. He moved to give you space.

"You didn't answer my question yet." He stated.

"What?" You acted clueless.

"Babe, I know that you are sick but I know your brain is all well."

You pouted. He kissed your pouty lips and you giggled.

"Wait."  You reached for your purse on the coffee table and took out something.

"What is this?"

"What is that?" You rolled your eyes and giggle.

When he realized what was that, he sat up leaving you lay alone. His eyes and mouth both wide opened.

"Dae?" You asked, scared of seeing him too shock.

"I-I'm going to be a father?" He looked at you for confirmation. You nodded.

"It's already 3 wee- Woah!" You squealed when he attacked you with kisses all over your face.

"Yah yah it's ticklish."

"I can't believe it! I'm going to be a father!" You were no longer on the couch instead he lift and twirled you in the air.

"Dae! I'm getting dizzy!"

"Sorry sorry omg sorry babe." He put you back on the couch. You just smiled seeing him.

"Baby. This is appa." He talked to your still-flat-stomach.

"You being too excited." You giggled.

"Of course I am. There's Daehyun junior."

"No. Rae Jae junior. Right baby?" You rubbed your belly.

"Our junior." He looked at you and hold your face. "Thanks Rae-ah for making me the most happiest guy in this world."

"Aigoo."


After telling Daehyun the news, you tell both your parents and his. Now you know why your mom told you to tell her if there's any news earlier.

"What are you staring at?"

"My lovely wife. Why?"

"Stop it. Go to sleep." You hit his chest lightly before hugging his waist.

"I'm scared."

You looked up at him. "No it's not gonna happened again."

"I hope so." He let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes.

"I'm always here when you need me. Sleep tight my big baby." You patted his back.

 

//Flashback//

You were in your deep sleep then suddenly you felt Daehyun kept stirring in his sleep.

"Dae?" You got up and looked at him. Sweats formed on his forehead and he looks somehow terrified.

"Babe, wake up." You shook him. He opened his eyes and looked at you for a moment before hugging you tight.

"It's okay it's okay. I'm here." You patted his back.

"I was driving and there's a car from the opposite way and, and it hit me." He looked in your eyes with full of scared.

"I, I tried to avoid it but I got hit by another car instead. I, I-"

"Shhhh. It's just a nightmare."

"But, it feels real." 

"It's nothing. Believe me." You held his face. He closed his eyes.

"This is the third time."

"Don't think about it anymore. Let's go to sleep again." You brushed the hair on his face. His breath still uneven and you kept on carressing his back and tell him, "Everything is fine." Even you know that's got something to do with his memory.

When his breath was steady, which means he already asleep, you let out a deep sigh. "I hope your suffers will end soon. It's hurt seeing you like this." You kissed the top of his head and went to sleep again.

//End of flashback//


You kept on glancing at your phone. You don't know but you felt kinda uneasy today. You can't concentrate on your work and waited if your phone gonna ringing.

"Aish, why I'm feeling like this." You mumbled to yourself and reached for your phone.

"Why he didn't pick up his phone." You dialled Daehyun but its went direct to voicemail.

*May-* Your phone ringing and you wasted no time to answer.

"Yeobeoseyo?" It was an unknown number.

"Yeoboseyo. Is this Mr. Jung Daehyun's wife?"

Your heart accelerate without any reason. "Yes I am. Why?"

"I'm from the hospital, your husband got into an accident."

"WHAT?!"