Chapter 25

Stay With Me

The next day, you woke up with a slight headache effect of crying last night. You don't even know how you fell asleep.

You can't catch a sight of Daehyun since it's 7.30 a.m and that's mean he already went to work. You went to the bathroom and looked at yourself in the mirror who have an obvious eyebag. I guess this is our biggest argument? Sigh.

Your day moved so slowly that you don't even know why. You were hoping for Daehyun's call or message even you were mad at him, but there was none. You don't want to be the one who call him.

You forgot your problem when you were focusing on your work. You didn't realized it's already 6.30 p.m. and it was 30 minutes since your actual back time. You tossed your dead phone on your handbag and headed back.

You saw Daehyun's car in the garage and you guessed he's already home. You opened the door and there he is. "Why are you late?"

"I was doing my work." You answered lazily.

"You shouldn't overwork and get home on time."

"Since when you even care?"

"I called you many times. Of course I'm worry about you." His voice raised slightly.

"My battery phone was dead."

"Can't you at least told me?"

You looked at him. "Even if I'm home one or two hour late there's still nobody at home. It doesn't change anything." You walked upstairs. Leaving him behind.

You freshened up yourself and cooked dinner. You still didn't forget your responsible as a wife.

"Your dinner is ready." You said to him who was watching tv and headed upstairs. You don't have an appetite to eat and felt like want to rest.

You were on the bed playing with your phone. You want to distract your mind from your problem. You were mad at him from yesterday and more mad because he just trying to pick a fight with you today. You were sure you would tell him that you were going to be late if you knew he was home early.

Just then, Daehyun came inside with a tray in his hands. You pretend that you didn't notice him.

"Rae?" He put the tray aside.

"Hmm."

"Eat something. I know you didn't eat anything since afternoon."

"I don't feel like want to."

"Please? I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" You heard him sigh.

"I know I made mistakes. Please forgive me." He sat by your side. You moved away.

"Babe. I know I was being mad without any reason. It's just- I was too stressed yesterday."

"That's your only reason everytime." You fake a laugh. You were sick with his 'stress'.

"I know I was wrong. I don't really mean it when I asked you to quit your job. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that I was late yesterday because I was too rush at the office finishing my work. And I'm sorry for accusing you with that guy." He looked into your eyes.

"And I don't know that Seo Yoon had always picked a fight with you. I'm too dumb to notice her behaviour."

You still didn't look at him. 

"If you didn't want to forgive me, at least eat this, please? Or you will get sick." He held the bowl out to you. You took it.

"I can eat by myself." You sat straight. "What are you waiting for?" You looked at him.

"I'm going to make sure that you are eating."

"You don't have to. You can go." You said coldly to him. He looked disappointed but went outside.

You sighed and swallow your food. You have to even you don't have any appetite or you'll get sick.

You don't know why but you still mad at him. I know that he's stressed and that's effect his mind but can't he think about me for once. I need my husband to understand me too. Is it only me that have to understand him?

You went to the kitchen to put the tray back and saw him who was staring at the black tv screen then turned towards you. You looked away.

You did the dishes and went to drink some juice. Just when you want to walk away.

"Get off my way."

"I won't until you forgive me."

"What do you want?"

"Please forgive me. I'm sorry." He said with pleading voice.

"I know I'm not being a good husband. I just realized that I almost forgot my responsibility as a husband. I was too focus on my work that I have been ignoring you. I'm sorry that I always threw my stressed out at you. I'm sorry." He hugged you who was fragile there.

"Can you at least care for me? Can you at least spend some time with me? Can you not bring your work problem to home?" You hitted his chest.

"Im sorry. I'm sorry." He didn't stopped you. Once you grew weak, he hugged you tightly.

"I'm sorry. I was too dumb to realize everything." He kissed your head and buried his face in your hair. He has been holding you for minutes, he carried you upstairs to the bedroom. He laid you down on the bed and still hugging you.

"Rae?"

You gave him a short hummed as an answer. You didn't have energy more to talk. 

He parted away a bit and make you looked at him in the eyes. "Do you forgive me?"

You didn't give him an answer but still looking at him.

"I promise you, I'll change. I'm not going to overwork myself. I'm not going to stress out myself. I'm not going to come back home late." You can see the sincerity in his eyes.

"And about Seo Yoon, our project will end in 2 months. After that, I'm not going to see her anymore. I promise."

"Promise?" You finally speaked.

"Promise." This time, you hugged him tightly. He smiled.

"And I won't asked you to quit your job again. I guess I was too emotional yesterday."

You looked up at him again. "I'm sorry too for getting emotional yesterday. Yes, I don't want to quit my job, but I don't even think that I'm going to work until my retire day. I'm going to quit too. When we have a big family, I guess? Just not now."

"What's that mean?"  He looks confuse.

"Just when, you know, when we have children, of course I am the one who being in charge to take care of them."

You saw his looks changed. "So, shall we?" He wriggled his eyebrows and smirked.

"I still didn't forgive you."

"Aww babe."


You opened your eyes to the sunlight.

"Good morning, sunshine. Rise and shine."

You giggled. "Aren't you working today?"

He flicked your forehead. "It's saturday today."

You pouted. "How can I know. You always worked even on Saturday."

"I've set everything. No working on weekend." He kissed the spot on your forehead earlier. "Mian."

You smiled. "Thank you."

"No. I should be the one who need to thank you."

You pecked his lips as his morning kiss.

"Aaah it's felt so long since we have the morning to ourselves." He nuzzled his face in your neck.

"So, enjoy your time." You pushed him and went up to start your day.

"What's the meaning of my life without you?" He pulled you back on the bed.

"Here comes the cheesy Daehyun."

He bring you out today to Lotte World. You don't really mind to go anywhere unless you are with him. You are more than glad he realized his mistake.

Since that day, he has changed. He never came home late and never brought his stress to home again.