I'll protect you (Dream Concert 2010)

Rest of my life

So I told you guys I wouldn't be updating till next week but I'm really happy about my exam results so I'll just drop this short one here hihi :) ughhh more fluff!! gotta have fluff before all the angst in the future chaps hehe 

____________

"One, two, stop!" 

Yuri lay back on the floor on the corner of the rehearsal room, exhausted and hungry. Her sweat trailed down to her neck, then dripped drop by drop on the wooden floor. Her hands were on her stomach, feeling it rise and fall as she catches her breath. They were finally granted a break after 4 grueling hours of practice for the Dream Concert in a few days time. Their performace required an additional routine in the beginning that practically screamed extreme dance moves, doing it continuously for hours was beyond comprehension, or how Yuri would like to believe it.

She looked over to the side and saw Jessica talking with Tiffany. She was wearing a damp shirt that shaped into her curves, and tracksuit bottoms.

Soon enough, much to Yuri's elation, Jessica came to sit by her side. Her forehead shone, covered by a layer of moisture. She was beaming. Yuri sat up, taking her towel and let it glide over Jessica's face to be empty of sweat. "Are you okay?"

The memory of Jessica collapsing after they performed Into the New World three times inside the school during their debut year glued into her mind. She saw Jessica tremble and fall, yet she didn't do anything. She let another person care for her. Jessica was fighting to keep conscious while she stood there, hopelessly watching. She had never felt such heavy weight in her heart. 

Every now and then during their rehearsal, Yuri's eyes would fall on her love, making sure she would be the one to be by her side when she fell. Jessica would never be alone. 

"I'm good, just starving a little bit." Jessica pouted. Yuri laughed. It was one of Yuri's everything that Jessica loved; her laugh. 

Jessica pushed Yuri down on the floor.

"Yah, Sica!!! Stop!" Yuri breathlessly shrieked between giggles. 

Jessica giggled herself as her fingers continued to flutter Yuri's neck and sides. Yuri wriggled underneath her. Then, in a sudden movement, Jessica went in for the money under Yuri's arm. 

"OH MY-- SICA!! STOP!!" Yuri gasped desperately as her eyes shimmered with evident tears. She was laughing, snorting and Jessica acted as if she was confused with Yuri.

"Stop? But you sound as if you're enjoying this." 

Jessica didn't stop and managed to sneak more tickles on her sides when she and the other members heard that sound.

PRRRRRRT!!

Jessica froze. Did Yuri just...?

Yuri sat up, smiling wide as ever, scratching her head. "Excuse me!"

Jessica locked eyes with the other members, and started rolling on the floor, laughing. "That smelled terrible, Yuri!"

Yuri looked at them with her slightly pink face, and chuckled. Jessica was not the only one who loved to hear her loved one laugh.

Yuri loved hers too. 

__________________________

It was D-day, and Yuri was in front of the vanity table, long slender fingers tapped nervously before wrapping around a water bottle. It was lifted to allow her pink lips to wrap around the opening. She walked two chairs away from her where Jessica sat at, wrapping her two arms around her neck from behind. Yuri rested her head on her shoulder, before planting a kiss on Jessica's cheek, making sure to leave a mark.

"You're ruining my make-up, love." Jessica turned her head to the side and kissed the corner of Yuri's lips. Yuri blushed furiously, but quickly recovered by pressing the tip of her nose against Jessica, giving her an eskimo kiss. "Nervous, aren't we?"

"I keep on forgetting the steps. I might mess up later." 

Jessica's mouth formed an 'o' shape, and nodded. She gave Yuri a reassuring smile and leaned her head on her. "But you're a great dancer. A y one." She purred, but failing miserably as being seductive. It eased Yuri a bit. 

"You might unlove me if I forget." 

Jessica flinched and giggled. "Silly, I don't love you because you dance well." She stood up and fixed her costume. "So, how can I be of help in taking this unneeded nervousness away?"  

Yuri's eyes suddenly took life and eagerly pointed to her lips. Jessica pretended to be ignorant, staring at Yuri's closed eyes and puckered lips. 

"What am I to do with that?" 

Yuri's face contorted and pointed a little bit more aggressively at her lips, blindly pulling Jessica closer. Jessica still deprived Yuri of what she was asking for, making her a little bit impatient. 

She opened her eyes. "Can I borrow a kiss?"

Jessica snorted. "You promise to return it later?"

"I'll return it again and again until you'll grow tired of them."

Jessica's lips found themselves in a tender embrace with Yuri's own. Jessica wrapped her arms around Yuri's hips, bringer her close to her body. An overwhelming feeling of passion exploded in them, almost as if their every kiss was their first. Yuri had her nose on Jessica's cheek, inhaling its scent. Vanilla, her favorite. Yuri walked forward, pushing her against the vanity table, slightly shaking the table. But before Yuri's tongue could meet its own lover, Jessica separated herself and smiled.

"I'll never grow tired. Not ever. Now, let's give them a show to remember."

___________________________

The concert was coming to its end, with all of the idols on the stage, dancing and singing to the music. Yuri was jumping up and down, her arm hung on Jessica's shoulder. The entire stadium was filled with cheers and shouts, almost overpowering the voices of the singers. People were simultaneously taking pictures and swaying their bodies to the fast beat of the song. 

This was a good night for all of them. Definitely a good night. 

Then, the sound of an explosive thundered high above them, breaking the singing voices.

Fireworks. Something Yuri knew Jessica feared. 

Yuri heard Jessica exhale loudly as she shifts to look at her. Jessica walked away from the crowded stars and covered her ears. Jessica called out to her, her shouting voice a mere whisper, the booming sound above drowning it. Her hand was reaching out for Yuri, calling her to be by her side. Jessica's eyelids squeezed tighter as she desperately struggled to calm the storm in her. 

But Jessica felt the warm touch of Yuri as she settled in front of her. Jessica timidly opened her eyes, her vision is blurred for a moment before she became face to face with her smile.

Yuri engulfed Jessica with her arms, and protectively covered her head. When she felt Jessica tense in her embrace as the fireworks grew louder, she whispered with love, "I'm here." Always will be here, Sica. 

Jessica drew herself away from Yuri and pointed upwards. "They're too loud!" 

She dragged Yuri down the stairs to meet with the members, with Jessica walking ahead of Yuri. The sounds died slowly, but when they came on the stairs, Yuri quickly lost contact of Jessica's hand when other idols came to talk with her. Hara took hold of Yuri hands, blocking her way to Jessica. She'll be fine, Yuri thought. Jessica looked back and saw Yuri laughing with the others. She understood and started walking amongst the crowd. 

Another round of roaring fireworks came and Yuri's heart quivered with worry as she scanned the stage for Jessica. She wasn't that far away, but walking between the idols would take time and be tight. But she didn't care. She started fighting her way through to her.

But she couldn't take the last step. Too many men were blocking her way, not hearing her cries of excuse in the blasting sounds. All she could do was watch as Jessica bended down and covered her ears, looking pitiful, alone and afraid. She suddenly felt guilty letting her go down the stairs alone. Stupid Yuri

Jessica masked her fear with a smile as she continued dancing the night away alongside Sunny. 

Yuri finally breathed a sigh of relief when they could finally evacuate the stage. She needed to be by Jessica's side. She couldn't kiss her apology to Jessica in public, so she had to wait until they were alone.

___________________________

It was past midnight when Yuri found the perfect time alone with Jessica. Her girlfriend was inside the bathroom, taking a bath before shooting away to dreamworld. She stealthily made her way inside, welcomed by the view of Jessica in her towel, in the middle of drying her hair. Yuri awkwardly cleared , getting Jessica's attention. 

"Yuri! What are you doing here?" 

Yuri stood unsure and picked on her fingers. Jessica went to her and took hold of her arms. 

"Baby, what's wrong?" 

Yuri hugged Jessica's damp body wrapped in a towel. "I'm sorry for earlier, my heart." 

Jessica gently pushed her away, confused. "Sorry for what?"

"For not being there with you during the fireworks. I couldn't get to you. I shouldn't have left you--" Jessica stopped her from saying more by putting a finger on her lips. 

"It's okay. Hara and her members wanted to talk to you. They're your friends, who am I to stop you from mingling with them just because of a stupid fear of fireworks?" 

Yuri shook her head and brought Jessica's body close to her, leaving no spaces in between. "It'll always be you above anyone else. It's just... I was there when you were cowering in fear, but I couldn't protect you. I felt so helpless. I didn't like the feeling."

Jessica's fingers set to work, travelling up to Yuri's cheeks to caress them lovingly. Her touch was an intoxicating song, a gentle rhythm flowing through Yuri's veins. Yuri started feeling warm on the inside, the truth that Jessica was bare beneath the towel sunk into her. Yuri brought her face in level of Jessica's chest where her heart was, connecting lips with skin. 

"I'm afraid that's not where you owe me a kiss, Yuri."

Yuri laughed against Jessica's chest. Jessica was too good, too kind of a heart, of a woman. She would treasure her now matter the circumstances. Her love, her partner, her Jessica. 

"Would it be here?" Yuri kissed the hollow of Jessica's neck. Jessica giggled and shook her head.

"Here?" A kiss on the collarbone.

"What about here?" A kiss on her neck.

"Must it be here?" A kiss on her chin.

Jessica captures Yuri's rose lips in a chaste and passionate kiss. It was brief, leaving them both in a complete daze, with rapid beating hearts and a craving for more. This time, Yuri shook her head.

"I believe it was longer than that." 

Yuri kissed her again. They found themselves not long after on the bed, Jessica's towel no longer around her body, Yuri's clothes nowhere covering her, just them, returning kisses again and again.

___________________________