Just us two, no one else

Rest of my life

This chapter is fast-paced. Straight to the point for this one, because the continuation will be more slow and angsty? Hehe this one was written by my cousin! She's writing The Star from Constellation Auriga on this account if you're interested :)

___________________________________

The rain began to fall in peals and managed to blur the image beyond the window of Yuri's room. She stood to watch the pouring morning rain as she waited for Jessica to come home from her schedule. Which was exactly around 8 hours from then. There was always excitement for these particular days, where she would welcome her love home and snuggle with her in bed, maybe even make love. There was even more excitement when it was Jessica who waited for her. Her girlfriend never failed to stay up for her, even when drowsiness threatened to claim her body. 

Just when she was about to make her way out of the bedroom, her phone rang. She looked at the caller, and saw a name she never expected to appear from the screen. It was Im Seulong. 

"Good morning, oppa. Why'd you call?" Yuri tucked the phone between her shoulder and ear and made her way to the kitchen to have herself some brunch. 

"Oh, good morning, Yuri-ssi! I was wondering if you have any schedule today?" His voice sounded rugged and deep from the other line. Yuri also heard another one, it sounded like a woman. 

"No, oppa." She took her juice from the fridge with a note stuck on it. She took a closer look.

'Hey, I left for my schedule! Made this one for you since you were still sleeping. 

I love you, my lovely tanned monkey mwah :*'

Yuri's heart went rigid with affection. Oh, how lovesick she was! She'd only been separated from Jessica for hours, yet she missed her so badly. She ached for her. Yuri placed a kiss on the note as believing her kiss would reach their proper owner. 

"Um... how do I say this.."

"What is it?"

"A friend of mine wants to meet you. And since you have no schedule for today, it would do her a whole lot of happiness if she met you."

Yuri took a sip of the liquid. She counted the hours before Jessica would arrive. She had time to spare. "Who is it?"

"Son Ye Jin."

___________________________

By lunchtime, Yuri found herself inside a V.I.P room inside a restaurant. And nothing could have been more awkward than having a hoobae, who happens to be a stranger, come and eat with you, at her request, nonetheless. Yuri had been munching on her steak, waiting for Ye Jin to start a converation, or if they would even have any. Yuri was wearing a look of curiosity and caution on her face. Why would she ask me to come here?

Son Ye Jin looked quaint and relaxed, taking in the fine atmosphere, unlike Yuri who was tense. 

"It must be boring for you to be here with me." It was the longest sentence Yuri ever got from her. Yuri shrugged and chuckled.

"Not really. It's just that I never expected to meet you in person. I am a huge fan of yours, unnie." Ye Jin smiled at her, clearly showing interest.

"Please, drop the formalities. Call me Ye Jin." Yuri was shocked at her request. She had just met the woman and immediately asked her to call her by her first name. But she couldn't refuse.

"If that is what you want, Ye Jin." Ye Jin laced her fingers on the table and leaned forward. 

"It's what I want."

Yuri shared a friendly smile, eyes on the pork and pretended to be busy with her lunch. She still felt a little bit unease, but it would be disrespectful to show it. She would be patient, as she always was.

"So, how's life being an idol?" Yuri's eyes shot up to look at her. Ye Jin had the eyes of a curious woman, and she was looking at Yuri quite intently.  

So Yuri told her. How they were living simply 3, 4 years ago and suddenly the eyes of the nation were on them. Korea's top girl group. She told her how hectic it was, but the thought of the fans would drive with them through the thick and the thin. Through success and failure. Through hits and flops. 

Yuri felt herself smiling. The atmosphere wasn't as tense as it was before. Ye Jin laughed and took a small sip of the wine from the glass. She once again leaned forward, resting her chin on her palm. 

"Anyone special in your life?" 

Yuri reeled back a little on her chair, didn't know how to take the assertive approach in answering the question. No one besides their families and members knew of her relationship with Jessica. Not even the company and their managers were aware. She and Jessica couldn't risk it. 

"N-no." Yuri tried to keep her tone soft and sure to appear convincing and true, trying her all not to frown. 

Ye Jin smiled her brightest. "Oh? I'm surprised such a beautiful woman has no partner." 

I have a partner. You just don't know. Yuri listened to her mental response, but didn't say anything verbally. To save their conversation from diving into a dead air, she just said,"Haven't met the right one, yet." I have, and she's the most beautiful being I have laid eyes upon. 

"Then anyone has a chance?" Ye Jin earnestly. 

No. Only her. "Yes, anyone has a chance." Yuri calmed herself down with a visible effort. "I'm ready to love anybody."

Silence fell upon the two of them. Yuri didn't like the gnawing ache in her chest when she was lying about her Jessica, her heart. She and Jessica talked about their hidden relationship. They were both fine with it, their love was their own truth, and it was enough. More than enough for them. 

Ye Jin looked inside her bag, taking out a piece of white envelope. She handed it to Yuri. "There's a party tomorrow night, and it would make me the most elated if you came with me." 

Yuri being Yuri, who cannot simply deny a request of just about anybody, accepted her invite.

"Great, I'll pick you up at your dorm at six."

___________________________

"How do I look?" 

Yuri propped the dress in front of her body. Jessica was sitting on the bed, helping her choose her attire for the party. "You know you always look beautiful in front of my eyes, Yuri." Yuri borrowed some of Jessica's dresses that fit her, taking her time to make her look. "Why'd you take my clothes? Yours are much more fitting and appropriate for your figure." 

"Because it smells of you. It'll make me remember you at the party later. I have no one I know besides Ye Jin." Yuri held the chest to her chest, inhaling Jessica's scent. 

"Such a casanova."

"Only for you, Sica, only for you."

Jessica giggled. "It better be."

Yuri smirked. "We still have 4 hours before the event begins." She walked towards Jessica on the bed, putting her knees on either of Jessica's side, straddling her. "Help me take my clothes off?" Yuri teasingly drew her fingers on the edge of her shirt, slightly pulling it up, showing skin to Jessica. 

But Jessica wasn't one to lose easily. She forced down a swallow and flipped them over, shocking Yuri. Jessica pinned Yuri's hands above her head, habitually parting her lips to meet with Yuri's. She grinded against Yuri. Clothed center against clothed center. Yuri moaned in . Jessica Yuri's lips before taking her hands to remove her shirt. When that was done and over with, she ed Yuri's shorts, her forefinger slightly making contact with Yuri's sensitive area. Yuri arched her back, pushing herself to Jessica even further. Yuri was down to her undergarments when Jessica climbed off her. 

"There, all done." Jessica stood proud and strong at the end of the bed, smiling playfully.

"You're kidding me. Tell me you're kidding me." Yuri spoke, eyes blinking. 

"Oh, you thought we were gonna make love?" Jessica's smile even grew wider.

Yuri avoided Jessica's gaze, cheeks getting hot and red. "Y-yeah."

"Come home safe later, maybe we'll make some. Or a lot."

"A lot, please." Jessica rolled her eyes. 

But a lot of love was what they both had in mind. 

___________________________

The sun had just set when Ye Jin instructed the driver to park her car in front of their dorm, ready to take Yuri to the party. Yuri was running fast towards the vehicle, avoiding all possible costs of being seen. Ye Jin took every inch of Yuri's appearance. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

They reached the location of the event in no less than an hour. Ye Jin took Yuri's hand in hers, walking toawrds the ballroom. Yuri stiffened, but Ye Jin didn't notice. Her hand is nothing like Jessica's. Yuri bit her lip, preventing herself at making any unnecessary comments about the handholding she clearly did not want. Many familiair faces were encountered by Yuri, singers and artists were present at the party, swaying their bodies to the music. 

"Do you want to drink?" Ye Jin raised her voice for Yuri to hear over the loud song. 

"Okay!"

Ye Jin excitedly drank half of her glass in one sip, while Yuri took hers slowly, as much as possible not finishing her glass, not wanting to be intoxicated when she makes love with Jessica when she gets home. In the midst of the loud music, the stench of the other people surrounding her, she remembered Jessica's voice, the way her sounded when it took a beat and her smell whenever she buried her nose on her neck. 

Ye Jin tapped her shoulder. "I read the news awhile ago."

Yuri raised an eyebrow. "What is it, unnie?"

"I heard one of your members is dating a 2pm member." 

Yuri's eyebrows met. She was sure they were all currently single at the moment except for her and Jessica. "I'm sorry? I think the news is mistaken."

"Oh, but pictures were revealed by the press." Ye Jin fondled with her phone and showed Yuri the picture. 

Her heart dropped to the floor. It was a picture of Jessica and Taecyeon. It was when they were in Japan. She and Taecyeon were seen inside a cafe. Jessica never told her about meeting with him. Jessica wouldn't cheat on her. She trusted her girlfriend, but why didn't Jessica ever mention him? 

Yuri couldn't find the right words to say. "I-I.. don't... I didn't have any knowledge about that."

"Maybe she's hiding it from you guys. Who knows? They look good together. I heard Taecyeon really likes Jessica."

Yuri held her glass tighter. It was her and Jessica together. Not Taecyeon. She wanted to go home. She needed to know what that meeting inside the cafe meant, and why Jessica hid it from her.

"I'm sorry, unnie, but I need to go home." She put her glass on the table and dusted her dress.

"But we just arrived here." Ye Jin immediately followed after Yuri, stopping her by the wrist.

Yuri gently pried her hand away from her. "I need to go home." She needed to go home to Jessica.

"Okay, let me call my driver."

________________________________

When she arrived at their dorm, she went straight to Jessica's room, not even bothering to knock, not that Jessica minded. Jessica was reading her book, glasses on. She smiled warmly to Yuri and put her book down. "You're home quite early. Missed me too much?"

But Yuri could not unsee her and Taecyeon together no matter how much she tried. She tried her best to return the smile. "Maybe." She sat on the edge of the bed, by Jessica's feet. Before Jessica could throw herself into Yuri's arms she spoke, "Listen, I was just wondering if you are meeting with any friends recently?"

Jessica raised her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, like any friends. From our company or the others?" 

Jessica shook her head. "I haven't met with anyone recently."

Yuri gripped the bedsheet. "What about Taecyeon?" 

"Oh! I forgot! Yes, I met with him recently in Japan a week ago, I think?" 

"Why?"

"We just met coincindentally in that cafe. We didn't plan anything." But somehow Yuri couldn't bring herself to believe her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Yuri looked to the window, having no strength to look at Jessica's eyes. 

"I didn't find it worth sharing. Just a coffee between me and him, nothing more." Jessica sat beside her, giving Yuri an embrace to the side. 

"But you met him more than once." Yuri stood up, prying herself out from Jessica. She paced back and forth inside the room. Her heart wouldn't stop racing. 

"It was all coincidental, Yuri." 

But Yuri was drowning in a green pit called jealousy and insecurity. "Or maybe you planned it. Secretly."

"I can't believe you! Why would you even think I would cheat on you!" Jessica had sensed the doubt and jealousy that hung thick inside the room, like heavy curtain between them, fogging Yuri's vision of her. 

"But this is a whole lot different, Sica! You know that damn too well!" Yuri's heart thudded painfully. She stared at Jessica, her gaze intent. She didn't know why she was overreacting. She knew she was, but she couldn't help herself. It was just coffee, nothing more, but she couldn't stand the thought of another man wanting her woman. 

"No, of course not! Enlighten me, please?!"

"Because he's a man, Jessica!" Yuri widened her eyes and shouted. 

"That doesn't even make the slightest difference--" Jessica shook her head, disbelieving at how Yuri could possibly doubt her. She looked to the ground, head hung low.

"It does! It makes ALL the difference."

"Why?!"

"Because he can give you so much more than I can! He can give you a relationship that's not hidden, he can give you a wedding, he can give you acceptance in the society, he can give you a child I know you have been dreaming to have!" Yuri could not think clearly. The air was buzzing with tension. 

"Which is why I sacrificed all of that so that I can be with you! I sacrificed an open relationship, a wedding here in Korea, the acceptance of the society, even a child of my own flesh and blood to love you! You think I was stupid enough to love you without even knowing the consequences?! I didn't care, Yuri, because you were worth more than all of I wished for if I were to be with a man. And here you are thinking I would even love another. I love you, isn't that enough proof I would never leave you?" Jessica felt a slow pain erupt inside of her. "Say something, please..."

"I don't know..." Yuri felt embarassed at how she accused her, but was it really just a coincidence? Or was she jealous of the fact that if time did come where Taecyeon and Jessica will have a relationship, they could be open about it? No hiding, no lies, no cover-ups? Was she jealous a friend of Jessica can take her out in public when she couldn't?

"Let's just take some time to cool down. I think you need it." Jessica rubbed her forehead, disappointed how a night full of love she was expecting vanished into a far away reach. 

"I'm sorry." Yuri stayed rooted on her spot.

Jessica walked past her, deciding to grab some fresh air. "The only time you'll be sorry, Yuri, is the moment I'll walk out that door and you realized you didn't even ask me to come back because of your doubts and jealousy."

_________________