Your Name Tattooed Over My Heart

Halloween Soul Mate Collection

Sanghyuk had always considered himself rather lucky when it came to his soul mate. Many of his friends had spent years looking for their soul mate. One even had the misfortune of losing their soul mate before meeting them. Actually, that made Sanghyuk feel a little guilty since his friend was so very broken by the loss.

Sanghyuk had always had Taekwoon.

When Sanghyuk was born, Taekwoon was there in the next crib. Their parents hadn’t known each other, but when they saw the name of the child in the next crib written on their own child they became best friends. Sanghyuk and Taekwoon had grown up together after that. At first, they didn’t understand the significance of the names written over their hearts, they just found it cool that their best friend’s name was written on them.

And then they realized what it meant.

Sanghyuk hadn’t minded one bit, especially when he already liked Taekwoon in that way. Taekwoon hadn’t really minded either, but he’d been worried that Sanghyuk wouldn’t feel the same way. For a little while, that made things awkward between the two of them. After a couple weeks of awkward, Sanghyuk had broken down and demanded Taekwoon tell him what was going on.

Taekwoon had admitted to his feelings, Sanghyuk and kissed him before confessing himself, and they had been together since then.

Sometimes it had been hard. Like when people who didn’t believe in soul mates tried to break them up. Or when people were jealous that they already had their soul mate and acted on those feelings. Sanghyuk and Taekwoon had gotten into trouble a lot though junior high for getting into fights because someone had insulted or hurt the other. Thankfully high school was easier for this since more people had found their soul mates by that point. Not many, but it was better than just them.

In college, about half the students had their soul mates. Sanghyuk and Taekwoon both enjoyed that since it made them less special, less of an oddity. They weren’t looked at as often, weren’t gossiped and talked about and speculated on. It was nice, trumped only by their entrance into the world outside of school where few cared about who had and hadn’t found their soul mate yet.

“What are you thinking about?” Taekwoon asked, voice startling Sanghyuk.

“Nothing important,” Sanghyuk smiled, “shouldn’t you be sleeping? You’ve got an early meeting tomorrow.”

“So do you,” Taekwoon huffed, rolling over and pulled Sanghyuk tightly into his arms, “so go to sleep.”

“Alright,” Sanghyuk nodded, resting his head on his husband’s shoulder, “night.”

“Night,” Taekwoon replied, kissing Sanghyuk’s forehead before returning to dreamland. This time with Sanghyuk.

A/N: I originally wasn’t sure what to do with this one, then the idea for what I did popped into my head and I went with it. Plus, ya know, all the others involve finding our soul mate so it’s nice to change it up with this whole ‘always been together’ thing.