nothing but you

you're the shine to my sun

he's weird just like always, yerim muses quietly when she sees her brother comes back home with an eye-blinding orange hair - uh oh, mom won't be any pleased if she sees this. but she'll know what to do, how to save his brother from getting kicked out from the house in this hot summer day.

that's what little sister should do.





the reversal roles come so naturally where yerim would be the one who protects her big brother from all the dangerous harms, even the littlest ones.

all of her friends keep questioning her about it, but she would only shrug away and walk down the hall, waiting for her brother at the end of the school time because she needs to go home together, safely with him.

sometimes, she hears a lot about her spoiling her brother - well, she won't say that she's babying him but she just can't find the actual reason why she needs to be with him all the time. they're siblings, so nothing's wrong with it. right?





she can't control herself when one time she finds out some guy has broken her brother's heart. she slams the guy on the locker next day, so hard that she doesn't even know she could be that strong when the jerk starts to wince of pain over his back.

if it wasn't for my oppa, i would have just broken your bones.


and she is called to the principal office, taehyung doesn't seem to be amused with her doing. but she doesn't even feel a single regret about it. except that she feels bad for making taehyung feels disappointed with her.





"why did you do that?"

taehyung asks softly with their steps in sync on the ground as their pinkies loosely tangled together, swinging so casually wonderful like any other day.

yerim skips on her toes and she sways strands of her hair away from her face, turning away to look at the ground with a rather cute, frowning face, "because he hurts you and he's a jerk."

he chuckles at her bold words, she quirks her eyebrow a little, somehow surprised at her brother's unexpected reaction. she's expecting him and his upcoming disappointment about her attitudes.

instead, his lips stretch into a warm grin and yerim has never seen something so beautiful, brighter than the hues of sunsets over the horizon, nothing when it compares to her brother's smile. their pinkies hooked tighter, as they have almost reached home.

"yeah, he's a jerk anyway, and i love you, yerim."






"you know, you can't always forever be with me, yerim,"

his words have got her angry out of sudden, she glares at him mercilessly before she stomps away from the living room and locks herself inside her dark room alone.

taehyung knocks and knocks her door, but yerim is trying so hard to ignore him as tears continuously streaming down her cheeks. he shouldn't have said it in the first place.

it's not because it's not true, it's just because she can't accept the fact that they can't be forever - there's no forever in this world. it never exists at all.

she's not a child anymore, she's getting too old to believe in fairy tales now. there might be happy endings but no, happily ever after doesn't exist.

but she still opens the door then. she doesn't like the sound of taehyung worrying, begging for her to come out from her room. and the first thing she does is she runs into her brother's arms, feeling the familiar, lovely warmth engulfs around her fragile self and there's taehyung, telling her that he's sorry for saying something like that.

"it's okay, oppa. it just that, i don't want to lose you."

and for a moment, she wants the world to stay like this forever.





it's their normal sunday, spending their time together at the backyard.

she likes playing with taehyung's fluffy hair because it feels so soft and delicate, just like how he looks. her fingers couldn't stop from running in each strand of it. in each of it, she puts little buttercups and he indeed looks like a prince.

"yerim,"

she hums of yes when taehyung suddenly calls her name as he opens his eyes from her laps, looking directly into her eyes. the sky appears to be a lot blue and the puffy clouds move in a peaceful rhythm. but to yerim, nothing look so wonderfully serene than the sight of taehyung's skin glows flawlessly under the shaded sun.


"nothing,"

he simply answers back with a grin and she could only giggle at his brother's sudden silliness – he's always silly, but he could be sillier than any day, she thinks.

she has the same eye color as his – as in dark brown but she doesn't understand why his orbs could sparkle in a differently inexpressible way. might be the extra illumination from the sun but maybe, his eyes are just naturally twinkling.


and yerim wishes that she could cherish this beautiful moment of her life, letting everything freezes in a way that she has eternally treasured.



especially the time when taehyung says i love you.