1/3

Mysterious Kiss

"A Halloween dance? Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because it's so stupid. Please cancel it."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at his best friend who seemed to be getting annoyed with the idea of having a Halloween Party. "No Baek so deal with it. Suho already got everything under control so it won't be like last year's Halloween dance. This year will be different. I promise you."

Baekhyun shivered at the mention of last year's Halloween dance, it was the worst dance in all his high school years. It was such a sore topic to talk about.

"Here, this is the flier." Kyungsoo showed Baekhyun the flier. 

Halloween Dance (Seniors Only)
Friday Night @ 6 PM
Everyone Must Dress Up!


"Only seniors?" Baekhyun asked, taking the flier from Kyungsoo's hand and observed it.

"Yes. It was Suho"s idea anyways so I thought why not? It's our last year here anyways."

"I'm not going Kyungsoo," Baekhyun announced, making his decision. 

Kyungsoo groaned and when he spotted his boyfriend walking with his friends towards their direction, he waved to them. "Jongin, tell me the Halloween dance is a good idea because clearly diva here thinks it's a bad idea." Baekhyun gasped at his nickname.

Jongin smiled and kissed Kyungsoo's cheek. "It's a wonderful idea Kyung and Baek," Jongin's gaze shifted to Baekhyun, "You should really go. Pretty much all the seniors are going."

"You guys including?" Baekhyun asked, looking at Taemin, Sehun, and Jongin. 

"Of course. Wouldn't miss it," Taemin said, smiling.

Baekhyun sighed. If he didn't go, he would feel so left out when they would talk about it and he didn't even have plans on Friday so he really had no choice but to go. "Fine."

"Good." Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun and then gave Jongin a fat kiss on the lips. Baekhyun gagged. 

"Be jealous," Kyungsoo said, smirking and Baekhyun wanted so bad to slap it off his face, but he couldn't because Jongin was there and he would never let that happen. 






After Baekhyun finished his last class of the day, he went straight to his locker, but he just had to glance at the tall boy whose locker was approximately 8 lockers down from his. It's not like he had a crush on him or anything, which he did, he just really liked seeing him. His name was Park Chanyeol and he was one of Jongin's friend. He's one of the most popular students in school and if that wasn't good enough, Chanyeol was also one of the smartest seniors. Baekhyun was just pretty much head over heals for the boy. He watched Chanyeol put his books into his locker and as soon as he closed it, he caught Baekhyun's eyes and smiled. Baekhyun immediately turned away, cheeks red and heart beat pumping fast. Oh. he hated when Chanyeol does that. It made his knees go weak. 

"Baekhyun! Sehun asked Luhan to the dance!!! It was cutest thing ever!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, running towards him. "Look, I even recorded it during A.P Physics." 

Baekhyun smiled at Kyungsoo as he tried to calm his heartbeat. "That's great. Luhan's been crushing on that guy for years." 

"Hey guys," a deep voice interrupted them and it made Baekhyun's breath hitch. 

Kyungsoo smiled at the taller guy. "Hey Chanyeol! Are you going to the dance?" 

Baekhyun could see the smile on his handsome face. "Yeah of course. Wouldn't want to miss it." 

Kyungsoo noticed his best friend staring at the taller and nudged him. "That's great." 

Chanyeol nodded and both he and Kyungsoo exchanged a few words before Chanyeol had to go. He looked at Kyungsoo and then at Baekhyun, not noticing the blush on Baekhyun's cheek. "Yeah, I have to go to basketball practice now. Bye guys." He shot them a smile and left. 

Baekhyun watched the taller boy leave with a smile and flushed cheeks. "His smile is so gorgeous..."

"You make it so obvious Baek. Ask him to the dance." 

Baekhyun scrunched his nose. "No." 

"Why not?" Kyungsoo pestered. 

"Because I just can't. Being around him makes me way too nervous and like- ugh. I don't know. He's like the epitome of perfect." 

"Baekhyun, you've been crushing on him like for years. Years Beak, years. You gotta make a move." 

Baekhyun shook his head. "I just can't. You don't understand Kyungsoo." 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Baek."











As the day of the dance got nearer, Taemin had asked him to go to the dance as friends and he agreed. He's known Taemin since grade school so it wasn't such a big deal. Taemin was sweet, nice, and tall and he's on the school's basketball team just like Chanyeol.




"So Taemin asked you?" Luhan asked when they sat at the lunch table the day before the dance, waiting for Kyungsoo to arrive. 

"Yeah," Baekhyun said, nonchantly, chewing his sandwich and not staring at Chanyeol's back two tables down, which he wouldn't admit he did that.

"So I heard Sulli asked Chanyeol to the dance."

Baekhyun abruptly stopped eating and faced Luhan, who was sipping his milk. "What?"

"Sulli likes him so she asked him. He just said yes."

"How do you know?" 

"Chanyeol told Sehun and Sehun told me. Ohh Sehun's so sweet. God, I love him..." Luhan said, dreamily.

Baekhyun made a sad face. "But I like Chanyeol, he's like mine though..." 

"Baek, he's not yours. You have Taemin." Luhan chuckled. 

"Taemin and I are just friends. No matter what, Chanyeol is still mine." 

"Then make a move Baek. You're taking forever." 

Looking away, Baekhyun sighed. "It's not that easy Luhan." Then he turned back at to the blonde. "It will never be easy when it's Chanyeol. He's too perfect for me." 

Luhan scoffed. "That's what I said about Sehun, but look where we are now."









"So what are you wearing for Halloween?" Jongin asked Baekhyun when they were leaving A.P Literature class. 

Baekhyun turned to Jongin. "Dracula. And you?" 

"Frankenstein." 

"No way." 

"It seems nice anyway."

Baekhyun nodded. "So do you know what Chanyeol's dressing up as?" Baekhyun immediately bit his lips as the words slipped. "I mean-" 

Jongin's chuckled stopped Baekhyun's words. "I don't know, but you should ask him. He's right there so ask him yourself." Jongin pushed him towards Chanyeol's direction of the locker and Baekhyun internally cursed when he bumped into his crush. He saw Chanyeol look at him with a confused expression. 

"Oh hey, Baek, what's up?" 

Baekhyun's heart was beating so fast, but he decides to ignore it. "Hi C-Chanyeol." Baekhyun later faceplalmed himself for sounding so stupid in front of his crush. 

"Do you need anything?" Chanyeol asked softly, placing his book into his locker.

"What are you wearing to the dance?" Baekhyun asked, trying to keep his voice from cracking.

Chanyeol arched his eyebrows at Baekhyun and Baekhyun wanted to bury himself under the concrete. "Is this what you wanted to know? Well, I'm dressing up as a Joker. Classic huh?"

Baekhyun nodded, lip forming into a smile. "That's great. So I'll see you there on Friday?" 

Chanyeol nodded. "Of course." And then he smiled. "What are you dressing as?" 

"Dracula!" Baekhyun said, maybe a little too excitedly to which Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. "I mean yeah."

Nodding, Chanyeol closed his locker. "Okay then. I'll see you later Baek." And then he walked down the hallway towards the gym and Baekhyun internally squealed.






"His lips are so perfect Kyung and his smile. It's so dazzling! Like he's so mine and like Sulli can find someone else. Chanyeol is just so perfect. His deep voice, his big eyes, his black y hair-" 

"I got it Baek. Gosh, you sound like a love struck girl," Kyungsoo said, already annoyed with Baekhyun's fangirling attitude towards Chanyeol. 

"I am in love Kyungsoo. Don't you get it?" 

Kyungsoo shrugged. "Sure. And besides, try to dance with him tonight or even better, kiss him." 

Baekhyun's lips turned into a smile. "Good idea. I just really need to kiss him. Yeah, that's it, I'll kiss him tonight."

"And confess your undeniable feelings?" Kyungsoo smirked. 

"No way. That's for when the world ends." 

"Whatever." 

They both got dressed up in their costume and helped each other put makeup. Baekhyun had to help Kyungsoo put powder on his face since Kyungsoo was Toshio, the little boy from The Grudge. Baekhyun hated The Grudge.

"Stop moving, I'm trying to put it on for you," Kyungsoo said, gently placing the canine on both of Baekhyun's teeth. "Wait... Okay. How does it feel?"

"Weird." Baekhyun touched the two canines and looked at the mirror. "I look nice and you just look... creepy Kyung." 

"Shut up."

After a few minutes, the doorbell rang and they both grabbed their stuff before heading downstairs. 

"Hey guys!" Kyungsoo said, kissing Jongin on the cheeks after he opened the door. Jongin was dressed up as Frankenstein and Taemin was Marilyn Monroe.

"You guys ready to go?" Jongin asked.

Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun nodded, walking out the door and gently closing it. 

Once they arrived at the dance, it was already filled with people dressed in costumes and Baekhyun made sure to look for a Joker, but their were so many Jokers. How could he tell which one was Chanyeol? He tried looking all around for a tall guy dressed as Joker, but he couldn't find him. Baekhyun felt a cold hand pull onto his and he instantly knew it was Taemin's. 

"Let's Dance," he said and Baekhyun agreed. Taemin led him on the dance floor and they both started to dance. Well, Baekhyun wasn't really a dancer, but Taemin sure knew how to move. They danced for awhile until Baekhyun said he wanted a drink. 

"Okay," was all Taemin said as Baekhyun walked off the dance floor to get a drink. He waited for a while, just standing and drinking until a warm hand grabbed into his. And it wasn't Taemin's. He was shocked at first, but when he saw that the guy had red mask on, he was instantly drawn. He wondered who was behind the mask, but a second later, he was pulled on the dance floor. They danced for awhile, Baekhyun still trying to see his eyes, but the guy kept looking away. And then the guy slowly leaned down and kissed him, just like that. Baekhyun felt as if the world stopped spinning and fireworks exploded everywhere. His lips was perfect and he wanted more. He kissed him back, but before he knew it, lips left his and the person was nowhere to be found. Baekhyun was dumbfounded. Where did he go? 

"Oh hey Baek, there you are." Baekhyun saw Taemin smiling at him, but all he could really think was how perfect the kiss had been and he just had to know who it was. Baekhyun walked around and looked desperately everywhere, but he couldn't find the guy in the red mask. He literally walked in circles. 

"Did you see who it was?" Baekhyun asked when he saw Taemin back at the food table. 

Taemin raised his eyebrows. "See what?" 

Baekhyun groaned. "That guy who kissed me! I mean it was perfect. I've been looking for him everywhere. Did you see who it was?"

Taemin shook his head, placing his hands on the table. "No Baek. I haven't. What was he wearing?"

"A red mask. I mean who wears masks like that? I need to find Kyungsoo. Come with me." Baekhyun started walking around to find Kyungsoo and when he did, he saw Kyungsoo and Jongin talking with Sulli and Chanyeol. He became nervous. 

"Hey guys!" Kyungsoo greeted Baekhyun and Taemin. 

"Hi guys." Baekhyun smiled at them before looking at his friend. "Kyungsoo can I talk to you?" 

Kyungsoo nodded, looking back at Jongin and the couple. "Be right back." Baekhyun quickly glanced at Chanyeol before leaving with Kyungsoo. Chanyeol was dressed up as Joker just as he said he would. 

"What do you want to talk about?" 

Baekhyun faced Kyungsoo. "So what happened was this guy, in a red mask kissed me. Right on the dance floor and it was like the best kiss ever. But I don't know who it was. Did he see him anywhere?"

Kyungsoo made a funny face. "He kissed you?" 

"Yes and he just left. Like he didn't even say anything. Not a name." 

"He was wearing a red mask? Who wears a red mask anyway?"

"That's what I thought! But he kissed me and then he left." 

Kyungsoo stared at his friend. "He must be someone you know Baek. I mean who goes around kissing like that if he doesn't know the person. That's stupid." 

"I have to find him. And I'll do whatever it takes." 

"He could be the love of your life!!! This is so exciting!! Let's tell the others!" 

They walked back to the others and asked them about the guy in the red mask. 

"He kissed me and he just left. It's driving me insane, I just have to find him. Did you guys see him anywhere?"

Sulli made a funny face and shook her heads, Chanyeol shook his head while drinking his fruit punch, and Jongin looked skeptical.

"I haven't seen anyone like that. Did he leave a name?" Jongin asked. 

Baekhyun shook his head. "No, but I will find out who it is."