two

Herb Shop incident

he had saved you. from going into the hospital. his hands are under your legs and behind your back as he hold you securely. you let out a sigh of relief immediately. he put you down carefully and gently, making sure that you are able to stand properly.

"gwaenchanh-a?" he asked, inspecting for any injuries on yourself. you shook you head at him. 

"thank you so much." you bowed at him. you turn to look at the box that has fallen down with you, the contents inside the box are sprawled out, and it contained packets of most stored herbs in the stores, and you're pretty sure it's for personal use for your family. you sighed, knowing that it's your fault and you need to clean this up immediately.

"(y/n)? are you okay back there?" your grandfather ask, walking to the shelves to find you and Jinki and the mess. he widened his eyes, despite the lines on his forehead that is asking the same thing.

"what happened? (y/n)? Jinki?" you were surprised that he knew Jinki. but then again, why not? he's the only teenager in the shop. you were about to say something but Jinki cuts you off.

"mianhae, hal-abeoji. i bumped into your granddaughter and accidently spill the content from the box when she was stacking it." Jinki bowed down respectfully. you close your mouth on that, shocked that he was taking the blame for what happened. your grandfather, who basically knew what's going on, chuckled and wave it off.

"ani, gwaenchanh-a. make sure to clean it up, arasso?" you both nodded at him. he chuckled and walk to other shelves, but not before both of you heard him mumbled "love birds.." to both of you. both of you blushed at that. you turn to look at Jinki as well as he is to you, and both of you diverted the gaze into other things, until you crouched down and pick up the herbs, collecting every single one of them before finding another hands helping. you look up to see the gentle guy does the same as he begin to crouch down and collect the herbs. 

you pick up the herbs, identifying every single one of them until you come across a pack of jasmine herbs. you raised an eyebrow at this. looks like they do exist. you put it in your pocket since you're going to give to Amber tomorrow.

"is that for your lover?" you were surprised when he asked you that. you look up at him, with he watching you, waiting for answer. you shook your head. he smiled a little, before turning to grab the other remaining packs and dump it into the box.

"don't be shy though, it's okay to say that you have one." you're confused as you finished dumping the packs on the box and seal it back before standing up, him doing the same.

"what are you talking about Jinki?" you asked, confused at his own words. he leaned his head back, sighing before shaking his head, ending the conversation. why is it so awkward now? you were about to climb the stairs to stack it again before he stopped you.

"ani, let me do it." he pull off his jacket, showing that he's wearing a thin shirt inside, revealing his perfect body sculpture and put the jacket on other empty space on the shelf. he climb the stairs, taking the box and stacking it where you should put it. he's brilliant in his work. you were awed in that. he stack the remaining boxes without hesitation and the job is done. he jumped down from the stairs gracefully, landing infront of you.

"t-thank you, Jinki." you grab his jacket and open it for him, letting him putting both of his arms inside the holes of the sleeves and he turn around, with you smoothing down the jacket on his chest. you look up at him, finding that both of your faces are very close to each other.

and one thing led to another. both of you leaned in and kissed. 

you grip onto his jacket, kissing him as he put his hand on the back of your neck, deepen the kiss. you were about to tangle your fingers in his hair but he pulled away, breathless and suddenly aware of something and back away from you. you were confused again but then he turn around and walk out from the shop. you didn't get to say anything.

and this time, you were dumped.


you walk through the hallway, to the locker as you were still caught up on what happened yesterday. you're still confused to why he left without any explanation. you wanted to ask him why, but it would cause a scene between Amber and his friends. you opened your locker, putting the books away and sighed, thinking.

someone sling their arm around your shoulder. "(y/n)-ah!!" you cover your ears when you turn to see who's the owner of the annoying shouting voice besides you. it was Kai. your cousin.

"what Kai?" you asked, rubbing your ear at this. he was a bit annoying when he was not being his cool self. and lucky you, you got a handsome cousin.

"you said that you wanted to go shopping for grandfather's birthday present yesterday, why didn't you came?" he says, and you slap yourself in the head for that. after that kiss with Jinki happened, you excused yourself to go home early (much to your grandfather's excitement) and lock away in your room to think about the kiss. 

"mianhae, Kai-ah. i'm at our grandfather's shop yesterday. i lost track of time." you smiled apologetically. he chuckled and shook his head before patting your back.

"i thought so. good thing i bought the gifts on your behalf. you better repay me back ah!" he says, handing you a bag of gift, god knows what is inside, but you did said to him that you're going to give him a new set of tea pot for making the tea broth or something easier. he would love that. as for Kai, he would prepared him new clothes. just because he's getting old doesn't mean he can't get a more nicer clothes for himself right? apparently you agreed with that.

"thanks." you took the bag and stuff it into the locker, making sure it was properly placed. "what do you want though?" you asked, wondering what he wanted as a payment. he waved it off.

"i was just kidding. no payment. i want you to make me some tea sometimes. i miss it." he pouted. both of you couldn't hang around after school much because both of you are working in different places. though both of you are in retail. he had to help his mother with another herb shop in different area, same herb shop just like your grandfather. it was a family business and both of you are willing to help.

"yah, why are you two all tangled up together this morning?" Amber interrupted while walking towards you. you spotted Kibum and Jinki with her, both with suspicion in their eyes watching you tangled up with Kai together. Kai stuck his tongue out while pulling you close, and you swear Jinki's eyes are twitching a little when he does that.

"wae? are you jealous because i stole your best friend?" Amber rolled her eyes while sticking her tongue out at him too.

"she was mine, for your information." 

"well i found her first, so your arguments are invalid" he smirked proudly. you groaned and laughed. you always argued with him in the past about meaningless things so that vocabulary just stuck within him until now. Amber make a face to him and pull you towards her.

"yeah, now go to class. both of you." you push Kai away, muttering thanks to him and give him a hug before he run to his class, and you move to other direction with Amber, Kibum and Jinki.

"geez, what is wrong with him? posessive much?" Amber complained. you laughed.

"you know Kai? isn't he a bit younger than you?" Kibum asked curiously. you look at him and shook your head at him.

"ani, he's as the same age as me." you replied. Amber keep on complaining about the bratty Kai while you just block it out. you swear that those two will never get along until the end of the world. the four of you dismissed yourselves to class, with you sitting down on your place, taking out the books and Amber turn around, facing you because she was sitting infront. you look on her weirdly. 

"what?"

"Kibum and Jinki thinks that Kai is your lover." you choked on air while listening to this. you and Kai? well there has been a rumour about you and Kai are going into arranged marriage together in the past in your family, but being assumed as lovers by Amber's friends? that's something.

"ani! why would i be lovers with my own cousin?!" you exclaimed. she grinned.

"Kibum asked me when we're walking towards you, you know, when Kai was so close with you. i thought Jinki was going to burst just now." you froze and look at her. Jinki?

"aish, don't play around Amber-ah. Jinki burst? unbelievable." she waved her fingers infront of your face.

"why not? for all i know from Kibum, Jinki hasn't been stopping talking non-stop about kissing you, which is something that i was supposed to be mad at because you didn't tell me last night!" she exclaimed in a quiet tone so that people doesn't hear the conversation between both of you. you blushed deeply, thinking about the kiss yesterday. you take out the pack of jasmine herbs and hand it over to her, bowing your head down.

"mianhae! i didn't tell you about it!! take this herbs as an apology gift!" you says, trying not to get back at the conversation about the kiss. Amber pick the herbs up and look at it, before giggling at this.

"yah! this thing existed?" she asks, unbelieving the situation. you have a long story to tell now.


you walk around the garden, enjoying the soft breeze. it's going to be spring, could be beautiful. could be not. you could take selfies in here when you graduated in a couple of years, with Amber and Kai. and also Jinki.

speak of the devil. 

you see Jinki standing infront of a girl. what are they doing? you hide yourself behind the tree, trying to get something out of it. the girl was as nervous as wreck, while Jinki is practically calm.

"i.. i like you, Jinki oppa." you gaped at her. a live confession at the garden? but it kind of makes you nervous because you were hoping that Jinki would say no too. don't know why though.

"mianhae. i'm in love with someone else. i cannot accept you." he bowed down. trying not to hurt the girl so much. the girl nodded, defeated before walking away from him, her face is clear with dissapointment. you sighed in relief, but at the same time aching to know who's the lucky girl that managed to capture his heart. after making sure that no one knows that you're hiding and witnessing everything, you decided to be normal and continue strolling into the garden and 'accidently' bumped into him, surprising him.

"(y/n)-ah!" he sounded, looking surprised. you smiled at him, although wondering why he looked so surprised at seeing you here. then again, you're sneaking behind the tree and watching him getting a confession from a girl just now.

"oh! hi Jinki! what are you doing here alone? shouldn't you be with your friends?" you asked, trying not to make yourself suspicious in his eyes. he rub the back of his neck. trying to hide something, which you practically already know about.

"Jinki?" you asked again.

"oh. mianhae. someone confessed to me just now." you bit your lip, nodding. 

"did you accept her?" you asked.. with a doubt. he look at your face for a moment before shaking his head.

"ani. i don't feel like being in a relationship right now.." he explained. you nodded and play with your fingers for a moment. both of you know that you wanted to talk about the kiss yesterday, but the words just don't come out easily like that.

so you decided to change the subject back to him. "why can't you accept?" you look up at him, staring at him. he stared back, hands in his pockets.

"do you want me to?" he ask. you're surprised at this again, but you shook your head.

"no.." you mumbled. not wanting Jinki to have a girlfriend. 

"then i don't. i don't want to force myself into someone that i don't love." he clearly uses the word 'love' strongly. seems like he doesn't want to only 'like' that person.

"oh.. got it." you nodded. you look at the time, before changing back your gaze to him just to kill the time.

"i'm going to go find Kai.." you trailed, feeling awkward with him. this is not the same Jinki that cheerfully talked to you yesterday at the garden. his eyes flickered before slowly nodded, pointing to your back. you turn around and watch as Kai is walking towards both of you, waving and smiling.

"there he is." he says. "lucky bastard." he mumbled, only for his ears. 

"what?" you asked, knowing that he said something before. he shook his head and nudge you to go to Kai. you bid goodbyes and walk towards Kai. Kai, being the way he is, sling his arm around his shoulder and pull you towards the hallway.

"who's that?" he asked, curiously. you shrugged.

"one of Amber's friend." he hummed, walking with you to through the hallway.

"not your boyfriend? i swear he was going to murder me when i pulled you away from him just now." you give him weird looks but shook your head at him.

"nah... he got someone that he loves.. who is not me." you bit the inside of your cheeks, thinking about the lucky girl.

you wished that you could be that girl.