one

Herb Shop incident

you sweep the floor with the broom, occasionally kicking over the stubborn dust that creeps between the floor. you were cleaning for your grandfather's herbs and medicine shop, which is something that girls your age wouldn't do, but you were bored, and besides your love on your old grandfather, you decided to help him out in the way you can. but you didn't know about herbs or medicine though, especially the old ones..

you sneeze towards the dust flickering around when you swept all over the place and racks. it was too dusty for his own good. and your nose is red from having a sneeze parade all over again. after this ends, you would get some soup and drink it like a boss. you were sniffing and rubbing your nose on your sleeves when you hear the doorbell's ringing, meaning customers. you were mentally prepared to call your grandfather on this, since you have no idea about the stuff in the shop.

what you didn't prepared was someone walking in a shop, not looking more older than you, seems like he was in your age. or not. but you hoped it was some ajumma checking in herbs about flowers... or something. but you didn't expect it was a young guy. you keep an eye on the guy, who was casually checking the box of herbs over the rack 10 steps away from you. he didn't seem bad, which is ok. but you couldn't quite see his face since he was wearing a cap on his head.

you decided to stop being creepy and stalk the poor customer and barge in. "sillyehabnida? are you looking for something?" the guy was surprised and turn to look at you and you widened your eyes. he was gorgeous. that brown eyes and that brown hair, his slender body and he's definitely taller than you. he was a beauty sight. he smiled at you his charming, tender smile.

"ah! yes, i was looking for something! can you help me?" he chirped happily, too happy for your own good. but before you could say anything, he stepped on a pile of dust that you compiled earlier, making it flying in the air again, and that's where it goes nuts.

you were sneezing. again and again. until you run to the back, not caring about the customer anymore. you were intend to stop the sneezing fit before you get really sick.

and that's where you left that mysterious happy guy alone, in his own confusion.


"argh!!" you groaned in your hands, now feeling really sick after that dust incident. you're pretty sure you sneezed enough to send yourself to space. and around the moon in 30 days. thankfully your grandpa was there to help that poor guy you dumped inside your grandfather's shop. it's not even a love story, it's just dust. and sneezing.

"you look horrible" Amber commented while giving you her pack of tissues, since she felt bad about you getting sick. you can't miss school, your mom would kill you for that unless you have a fever. so you just endured it.

"ah, stupid dust that made me like this." you sniffed and blow your nose, not caring about your image in the school. you have nothing to hide anyway. Amber patted your back, standing up.

"let's go to the cafe and get some soup for you. if they have one."

"what if they don't?" you asked, blowing your nose again. your nose has turn red like a reindeer by now. she put her beanie on your head, hiding that bed sick look.

"then we look into something hot to eat, something that could help make you feel better. arasso?" you nodded at her, liking her suggestions and stood up, putting your sweater on and bring the tissue pack with you. you sniffed and walk with her, ignoring those look when they see you walking like a zombie to the kitchen. you didn't care for now. both of you stood infront of the food in the cafe, carefully looking through every food there. it was like heaven. you decided on some sandwhiches and chicken soup, and Amber some kimchi fried rice and pancakes. weird combination, but she said it was good.

you both sat yourself on the table, Amber across from you, and begin to eat. you let the soup flow down your throat, feeling a bit better now.

"so did you catch that guy's face? you know, to blame him for what happened." Amber asked. you had told her about the incident yesterday, but didn't described the guy's face because of the dust. but you are sure that he was not too old to not be in high school.

"i couldn't see much because he was wearing a hat, but he is tall, have slender body, brown eyes, he's got brown hair? well if that's what i saw yesterday was correct." she hummed while eating. then she turn to look behind you, looking at something or someone until she pointed behind you with her chopsticks.

"that guy?" you turn into her directions, and widened your eyes. that guy was here! he was happily chatting with his other friends while taking their food. you turn back and hide your face, groaning again.

"i didn't know he was going to this school!" you mumbled, feeling a bit sick. those memories of before was coming back.

"that? that guy? i'm close to his friend. Kibum." she exclaimed, and then wave her hands, calling them. you kicked her legs under the table, trying to get her to shut up and not calling them to join you. that guy would be making fun of you, or even get mad of you for leaving him yesterday. but then again, it was his fault for being too cheery for his own good.

"hi Amber!" Kibum, the brown-coloured hair guy says, giving her a high five. you know that Amber is a bit boyish, so she doesn't have any problems in being friends with guys. you? you're a quiet person until you are comfortable with someone, which is why you glad Amber is your best friend.

"hi Kibum! come and join us!" Amber give you an evil smile, which is something that regretted you. you were thinking about leaving, but you forget that you're eating. you can't waste the food.

"sure, wait up ah," Kibum say before turning to his friends and call them over. he sat next to Amber, while the other 4 guys sat in the table too. and you lowered your head down, slurping the soup quietly. the other guys greeted Amber. you feel a presence sitting next to both of you, but you didn't dare to look.

"is this your best friend?" you froze a little, before looking up at Kibum and Amber. you didn't dare to look at the other guys. Amber nodded. "this is (y/n). forgive her, she's sick today. apparently some guy stepped on a pile of dust and it flew to her so she got sick." at this comment, that guy stops from eating and turn to look at you, which is your luck, he's sitting next to Kibum. he widened his eyes at you.

"you're that girl from yesterday!" he exclaimed. you stuttered a little before pushing your chair away and almost tripped because your sweater was stuck to your chair, so you pull it off and leave it on the chair and run out from the cafeteria. you cover your nose to prevent yourself from sneezing, running to the back of the school at the garden, and stops under the tree. you let the sneeze run free and sit down under it. you're embarassed from what happened. they would probably laughed at you by now. you bury your head in your knees, trying to get away from everything, and luckily the garden is empty for a while. 

you were freezing, but you couldn't go back to the class. Amber will kill you for leaving her like that just now. 

you sneezed again, and wipe your runny nose on your sleeves, remembering the tissue pack is back there on the cafeteria. you sighed and close your eyes, trying to sleep in for a moment. you felt something draped on top of your body, and you look up, hoping to see Amber, but it was him! you stood up quickly, about to run because you thought he was going to be annoyed at you, but he held his hands up to you.

"a-ani, it's okay. i followed you here to give you your sweater" you look at your sweater that you left earlier. then you turn back to the gentle guy. 

"t-thanks." you say, sneezing again. he pull out the same pack of tissue that Amber gave you earlier and hand it to you. you thanked him again and took it, wiping your nose.

"are you okay? mianhae. i made you sick." he apologised. you shook your head, not wanting to blame him on this. suddenly you were pushed to sit gently by him. he plopped down next to you and you turn to look at him.

"you need to sit, okay?" you nodded at him.

"my name is Lee Jinki. what's yours?" he asked. you turn to look at the brown-haired guy. 

"(y/n).. you're not mad about yesterday?" you asked quietly. he shook his head, smiling.

"it was my fault that i stepped on the dust in the first place. i'm mad at myself for that. i'm a bit clumsy." he stated, making you smile. you sink yourself into the sweater, feeling a bit cold.

"are you still cold?" he asked. you nodded. 

"a bit." you answered. he didn't say anything after that, except draping his arms around you, making your eyes widened. he pulled you close, rubbing your arms and try to warm you up. you look up at him and see he's blushing a bit.

"mianhae, i didn't mean to do anything bad, just i thought it would be good to warm you up this way." you smiled.

"thank you.. Jinki." you lean yourself into him, smelling his manly scent from his perfume. you kinda quite like it.

"i'm sorry that i couldn't help you yesterday." you says, looking up at him. he look down at you and smiled.

"ani, the owner of the shop was there and he helped me. i even apologised to him for making his worker sick. but he's really nice and accepted my apology."

you smiled. "he's my grandfather." he turn to look at you in shock.

"really?" you nodded. 

"then he must be pretty upset that i caused his pretty granddaughter to get sick." he slapped his hand to his mouth and you blushed. did he mean it? 

"mianhae" he apologised, making himself embarassed. you laughed a little and nodded. you hear the bells ringing, so both of you decided to head to class. both of you stood up, looking at each other.

"i'll see you later okay? i'll make it up to you." he says. 

"a-ani, it's okay. you don't have to." you try to say it was not a big deal for you. you were always a bit sensitive to dust, but that doesn't mean he needs to make it up for it. he shook his head.

"aish, i'm still gonna do it." he says stubbornly. you giggled at that. he's cute.

"fine. i don't have any choice right?" you say and he nodded.

"see you at the same place then." he says before heading back to the classroom. you squealed to yourself, waiting for something good to happen after school. 

then again, you're a bit sick. and you're still going to work at your grandfather's shop.


"ne, ne. mianhae, Amber." you talked into your phone while putting the box on top of the shelves. Amber has been really upset that you left her because you had to go home due to severe sickness. you are now trying to apologise to her on what happened. it's not just your fault as always, it's Jinki's fault. well..

"you better make it up for it. i want that jasmine herbs as a make up gift." she demanded playfully. you rolled your eyes at her words, knowing that she is making nonsense of it because both of you are already made up. you heard the door bell ringing, sounding customers coming in, but you're too busy to get down from the stairs due to Amber on the phone and stacking some boxes. but thankfully your grandfather isn't so busy today.

"yeobo, there's no such things as jasmine herbs." you says, calling her sweet names playfully to her. you may not know about herbs so much, but jasmine herbs? what is that?

"then i'll crush those flowers and make the herbs myself!" she exclaimed. you laughed, feeling a bit better with her chatter. 

"yes love, do that yourself. i hope you got something in return. i have to put the phone down now. it's work time." you and Amber ended the call in the end, and you continued on working stacking the boxes on the top of the shelves. you turn around carefully and was about to take another box, when you see Jinki watching you from down there, making you jumped a little and hold on carefully to the shelves.

"Jinki! i didn't realised that you're here!" you says. he gave you a smile, but not the same smile like he gave you back in the garden a few hours before. it's.. a bit odd. like he was trying to hide something.

"mianhae. i was coming here to pick up the herbs i ordered from your grandfather yesterday." he says, looking at you with his dark brown eyes. there's something going on but you didn't know what it is. you smiled and pick up the box before turning around, but the box collided with the shelves, making your body unstable on the stairs and lose control of yourself that you fall down from it. you let out a scream before closing your eyes, waiting for an impact, though it didn't happen. 

you opened your eyes and found yourself to be staring at those pair of soft brown eyes watching over you worriedly.

Jinki saved you.