Chapter V

Walking In The Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days go by too quick, her cigarette packs seem to always be empty too soon. And Sehun keeps scolding her but it gets cut short with a cough or a choke. On warm summer nights they no longer stargaze; because Sehun thinks it's going to worsen his fever.

College is a distraction, but never enough. And Sehun in her everyday life becomes a rare sight.

It's Tuesday, 2nd of May when she finally drops in. Only to find Junmyeon greeting her, and offering to drive her to the hospital.

"What do you mean?" Her tone displays her confusion.

"Sehun is in the hospital. I thought you knew."

Her insides clench. "What? Why?" It comes out rushed.

"He was diagnosed with pneumonia, but don't worry, he's getting better."

The sudden disappearance of the strain in her facial muscles makes her cells sing. "Do you mind if I...."

"Not at all. I was just heading to work anyway."

The ride to the hospital lasts only a total of 10 minutes, but it feels like more.

She knows Sehun, she remembers Sehun, but not the one with auburn hair and sad eyes. She knows and remembers Sehun with ash-white hair, dull and mysterious eyes smudged with kohl. But she doesn't know sick Sehun, nor does she remember him. And it scares the living lights out of her.

For the first time, the unknown scares her.

When they get there, her nerves are on the edge of a cliff and her agitation is apparent on the lines on her forehead.

But as she peeps through the small glass inserted on the wooden hospital door, it's still the same Oh Sehun that she sees. And relief sweeps her hard enough to turn the knob without even knocking. It's not like she ran to get to his room (she took the elevator), but she didn't notice her heartbeat gradually increase. And by the time the door opens, she's fighting to breathe. "." She gasps out as soon as the door reveals her.

Sehun, sitting on the bed with IV lines that look out of place, looks happy to see her. “Well, to you to.” He smiles as he opens his arms to have her run into it.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Her words barely forms mumbles but he understands.

“About that... I’m really sorry.” He clears his throat, but his words still feel strained. “You see, I fainted. And they’ve been running tests day and night. There really wasn’t time to call.”

“Bastard.”

“Yours.”

“All mine.”

His sigh seems sati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter