Day Of The Winter's Beginning

Unlikely Soulmates{DISCONTINUED}

Unlikely Soulmates Chapter One: Day Of The Winter’s Beginning

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

Do Sohee, that is my name, many fear it, others chose to ignore my existence. I started my sixth year at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry only a few months ago, and already I have had people run away in fear as I walk near them. Due to the fact nobody likes to come near me as a result of my past, I have no friends other than my pet cat called Luna who is black and has blue eyes. Many of my nights spent here at Hogwarts you would see my cuddled up with Luna in my room that is near the teachers sleeping quarters. Another down point of having such a past as my own, nobody would allow me to sleep in the dorm rooms as they feared I would kill them (as they would put it).

Luckily for me the headmaster allowed me to have a room to myself that was rather large, I had a second floor that housed books in a small library so that I wouldn’t have to disrupt the actual school library. My walls were covered in wood that had carvings of snowflakes engraved into each panel, Luna had her own bed- not that she ever used it- that sat in the corner near the window next to my bed that was double not a single like all the other students get. On my bed side table sat a photo of my family, of what we were before they were all ripped away from me. My mother and father both full purebloods, my two older brothers they were only 19 years old when they were taken from me.

All I have left is myself, I was only 10 when my family were murdered by a Korean wizard that was much like Voldemort. He was searching for followers and if anyone were to say no they were killed, I watched as my brothers were both killed as they tried to block one of the forbidden spells from hitting me. However instead of killing me the evil man pointed his wand to my collar bone and smirked before he vanished into thin air, I walked around my house and found both my parents dead my father was by the front door with his wand by his hand, my mother was laying on the landing on her stomach with her wand still tightly in her hand. That night I lost everything that I loved, and I sat by the door in the corner and cried for hours. The only feeling I felt was coldness spread through me but it was a comforting coldness, which was the day I held the mark of snow. I lived in South Korea as a child and when my family was murdered the wizard council took me to England.

I was taken in by the Headmaster and I lived in the castle not like other students who came from homes with family to come to school, I lived in the room I was given when I arrived the teachers had tried to get me to sleep in the dorms but students were to scared of me. That never made me sad though because I was happy to be alone with just my cat and my books, the mark of a snowflake stays upon my collar bone that is my mark of surviving from the wizards killing spree. It was winter my favourite time of the year and the headmaster had told us that there would be a class for those who would like to learn the patronus spell, he forced me to attend however he didn’t know that I already knew how to do the spell. I would practice spells while the students were away during the holidays and I was left at the school with the house elves and the headmaster, but I listened to him and stayed at the back of the room watching the other students attempt but fail at producing their patronus.

So here I am now standing in the corner of the room watching students in the sixth year attempting to learn the spell while they cautiously kept an eye on me. Seventh years had been asked to help teach us all and a few of them were from popular groups within the school, but that didn’t stop me from not doing any practicing.

“You’re Do Sohee right?” A voice spoke to me bringing me out of my daze, when I looked up to see who had spoken to me without stuttering I saw Kim Minseok the oldest member of the kingka group called EXO. He was a seventh year Gryffindor and he had black hair with purple blended through some of the strands while she had green tips of her hair. “Yes…” I spoke with caution I was often tricked by people here at Hogwarts, but he smiled kindly and his eyes were filled with kindness as well which made her soften her gaze slightly. “Sir has told me to teach you myself in the classroom next door.”  He guided me out and into the large room that was filled with dark oak shelving units filled with jars of all kinds and books, this was a potions room and the tables were pushed to the sides giving space for us.

“Now I will show you how to do it…” He raised his wand up and spoke with a calm tone. “Expecto Patronum” His wand casted a blue mist that shaped into a large cat, I noticed the cat had a half moon on its forehead and that made me widen my eyes. “Minseok…” He allowed the animal to pounce around a little before it dispersed and he turned to face me, he saw my expression and became concerned. “Yes Sohee?” He was confused as to why I was standing there as if I had seen a ghost, but all I did was get my wand out and repeat the spell. “Expecto Patronum” My wand casted the same blue mist and it shaped into the very same large cat with a half-moon on its forehead. This time it was Minseok to widen his eyes as he saw my patronus pounce around the room before dispersing just like his had done so.

“You have the same patronus as me….but how do you know the spell?” He looked at me with concerned eyes, I could see that he was confused just as confused as I was about the fact that we shared the same patronus. “I don’t have a family to go home to so I live here when you all go home for the summer and all the holidays…I get bored so…I kinda practice spells for the older years…” He looked at me as if he never knew I lived here at the school, but there was a flash of something in his brown eyes. His gaze changed from concerned to a loving one which caused me to nearly stumble back, I had admired Minseok for years ever since I arrived and saw him in his first year.

“I believe we are soulmates Sohee…and strong ones….” That day my life changed.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

First chapter is up~ sorry if none of this makes any sense I may or may not have rushed it a little…

I will try to update this week but college work load is so large I am drowning in it. So I hope you enjoy this little starter and anticipate the next.

Goodbye for now~ Comments are much loved and I read them all *giggles* Thank you for subscribing to my story xxx