Chapter Two

The Beautiful Sin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we going?” I asked him as he led me down the stairs. With every step I take, it felt like someone was stabbing my limbs. Shisuz, I still have muscle ache. Don’t make me chase you down the stairs. A sigh escaped my lips.

“Outside,” he simply stated, opening the door for me. What a gentleman. But I’m not really in the mood to go out and have fun. No thanks.

I countered, “But I’m not allowed to leave my room.” hoping he’d drop the idea. But apparently not.

“It’s okay, it’s just outside.“ I hate his reassuring tone like I liked what he was dragging me into. Look, you are very handsome. But whatever you wanna do, do it yourself. Please don’t drag me into it.

Huh, where’d he go? “Auntie, we don’t have enough players. Please join!” the little kid tugged on my shirt while looking at me with those eyes. Sigh. I can’t help it then.

 

“I’ll take a break,” I said to the kids, catching my breath. I needed to take a break, or else I’ll collapse. I hate kids. But I seem to be a target of their petty antics. Those brats, they were obviously cheating to win.

Grabbing a bottle of juice from the table, I sat on the bench. After chugging it down, the whole bottle was already half-empty. I hate kids. I hate them. “Having fun?” Lu Han asked, looking at me with a delighted expression. I totally forgot about him but now that I think about it, it was the first time he looked at me while speaking. Oddly, it felt… strange. Something in me stirred with just a smile.

“Y-Yeah… I guess so.” Darn, did my voice just crack? “Why are these kids in the courtyard, anyway?” I sounded flustered, didn’t I? I sighed again. There’s no helping it, I guess. 

He sat down beside me, almost making me tremble. “They’re grandma’s grandchildren.”

“They’re our cousins, then?” I asked, glancing over him. His expression changed after he heard what I said. Did I just drop a landmine again? He already thought of me as a nosy for sticking my nose into his personal business and I’m making it worse again. This I why I sigh.

“Oh, do you know what this is?” He dodged my question. But he’s not very good on dodging it, apparently. I never thought a man as pure and innocent as Lu Han would dodge a simple question like that. I guess I’m only seeing the surface, then.

I took what he was handing into me, “Oh, a rubik’s cube?” and solved it. “No matter how hard you ruin it, there is still a pattern to solve it, right?” I asked, finishing down the white side and half-way done with the first base. “And it’s solved,” I announced after I rotated the top side of the cube to the left.

 “Amazing, you’re fast!” he praised me after looking at his watch. Was it just me or did his eye twinkle? I just learned how to solve it, thank you for the flattery. But moreover, the idea of an outside activity wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be.

He treated like a human. Which, never happened to me unless my friends were under the influence of alcohol. He wasn’t intimidated of my accomplishments or who I was, he just hang out with me.

I never really enjoyed myself somewhere else rather than the club or with my friends. Clearly, I haven’t enjoyed life like how it was supposed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter