Prologue

Once Upon A Princess

"No! Father!," I screamed into the murkiness of the water below.

I looked behind me to see the three monsters that caused this. One of them was enormous and the other two a good size smaller. 'Most likely its minions,' I thought with a shiver. That was when I realized that they were getting closer. Despite how exhausted I was, I ran.

I ran like I had never ran before. Running for my life and most importantly of all, my father. I knew that he would want me to make it out of this alive. This was the first time I have witnessed something so horrible and evil.

Father was such a kind and respectful man. He has never committed a crime or anything bad like that at all. Unlike other wealthy families, Father didn't hate the poor people. He would never to do a horrid thing! Even to our servants, which unlike many other households, we don't call them slaves. Whenever Father had time, he would spend at least some of it going to the poor side of our country to help out.

As Father always said,"We are all human beings. The only thing that keeps us from thinking that is money."

Mother was like Father, helpful and generous. She was always trying to make the most of things despite how bad the day was for us.

We were a happy family and we all had had each others backs. Mother couldn't have anymore children after me due to this disease I can't pronounce. She was sad of course about it and did whatever she could to make up for it.

But then, then the worst thing that I thought could have happened at that time happened. Mother got ill.

Very ill.

Everyone in our household, servants and all, tried our best to make sure she came out healthy and as good as new. Life doesn't work that way though. There are always the downfalls.

Mother died.

It was as simple as that.

And now there are these three evil beings to worry about. Sooner than I had thought, they went after us. They got Father, tossing him into the merciless hold of the sea. Now they were after me. So, back to 'reality'.

I was running for my life with the monsters gaining on me. I ran along the coast, not exactly noticing how the sea was getting farther away from me as I was going up. In the midst of all the terror and panic, I forgot that this only led to my doom. A dead end.

The nearer I got to to it, the more I realized that I was heading toward a dead end. But I couldn't turn back. Not with them after me. So they chased me all the up until we reached the dreaded area.

Slowly, I backed away. Looking behind me, I saw the swirling ocean. In front of me were wicked creatures. 'This is it,' I thought with a gulp.

"Please!," I begged even though I knew that they wouldn't give as much as one thought to consider what I was saying,"Spare me!"

Their only response was to move closer, me moving backward as much as I could without falling.

With what resembled a smirk, they started stomping.

I didn't realize what was happening until it happened.

The ground started cracking under me a little at a time. As much as I wanted to move, I couldn't. I was frozen. My mind was swirling with images of what was about to happen, which was me, falling to my doom.

And before I knew it, I was falling.

I opened my mouth to try to scream but nothing came out.

Then I was having flashbacks of when my family was all happy and of course, ALIVE.

 

 

 

As I looked up, the last thing I heard and saw before I plunged into the unforgiving waters was those same three monsters looking all happy and cackling down at me.

All of a sudden, everything was cold.

My world was slowly turning black.

" Why? What...did....I..........d....o.......?"

And that was it. The death of Kim EunHee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My eyes snapped open.

Sweat covered my body as I lay in a sad excuse of a bed.

That dream again, huh?

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you for reading my first story! I hoped you liked it! Please comment below and tell me what you thought of it!

And once again, thank you!