Day 4

Their offdays

Jong Kook woke up when his alarm on his phone went off. He rubbed his eyes and saw the unfamiliar surrounding before remembering he was at Ji Hyo. He quickly washed up and change to extra exercise gear he had. He wanted to make use of Ji Hyo’s apartment gym for a quick morning workup. He messaged Ji Hyo before he left for his workup.

Ji Hyo work up when her alarm went off. She rubbed her eyes and saw that she was on her bed. Funny, she didn’t remember getting on the bed yesterday. She touched her forehead and blushed, she had remembered dreaming of Jong Kook gave her a kiss on the forehead. Oh ya! He should be sleeping in her guestroom. She jumped out of bed and rushed to the guestroom to check whether she was dreaming. All she saw was a tidy bed and no Jong Kook. Did she dream she make Jong kook stay? She sighed. Just then, her doorbell rang. Ji Hyo wondered who it was, it was too early for Jong Kook to be at her house.

From the screen, she saw it was indeed Jong Kook, a very sweaty Jong Kook. She opened the door, “Oppa, why are you here so early and like this?” she asked innocently. Jong Kook chuckled, this Ji Hyo had forgotten everything and didn’t check her phone. He decided to . “I ran from Annyong to fetch you for a morning run. You promised me yesterday to run 10km.” Jong Kook replied.

He saw her eyes wide open and in shocked. She didn’t remember that she made such promise, but then she didn’t remember anything after the 3rd can of beer except for the kiss in her dreams. She blushed at her thought. But she going to deny it,”No.. No .. Oppa, I was drunk. You can’t take a drunken woman word too seriously. Oppa, ok, let me have a quick bath and we go and have our breakfast?”

Jong Kook can’t help but love the way Ji Hyo is trying to wiggle her way out of running. He burst out laughing, “HaHaHA Ji Hyo, of course you didn’t promise, you only insisted I stay at your house. I had a quick workout in your gym. I also need a quick bath.”

Ji Hyo raised her and gave a slap on his hand, “Bad oppa, make me nervous for a while, Let’s quickly have a bath.” Ji Hyo turned around to go back to her room and hided her smile from Jong Kook. He had stayed at her place on her insistence. She happily bath and change her clothes. She decided to wear jeans with a black blouse today. After her make up, she exited from the room and saw Jong Kook at her dining table and pouring milk for both of them. It seem like he belonged here.

She drank her milk and noticed Jong Kook had not made up yet. “Oppa, let me help you with you makeup.” She happily skipped to her room and brought out a eye brow pencil. She stood close to Jong Kook and helped him with his eye brow. Both of their hearts skipped a beat, they can smelled each other bath shower and they smelled alike. “There, they can’t recognise it you.” Ji Hyo said, proud of her work.

They left her house earlier and found the subway full of people, he took her hand and held her close to him, his other arm around her to protect her. Actually, it looked like he is hugging her. He felt like he was hugging her. She felt like he was hugging her.

They left the subway, holding which other hand, searching for the cold noodle store. Too their dismay, they were too early, the store will not open in another hour or so. They decided to stroll along the road and finding some snacks instead. They saw a sandwich store which had a long queue and they decided to try the sandwiches. They decided to order 2 different sandwich, one ham, egg, chesse toast sandwich and a pork cultet sandwich. The store owner dress up the sandwiches with a lot of cabbages and salad dream. They took turns biting into the 2 sandwiches and making jokes at each other. After their fill, they continue their exploration of the streets before returning to the restaurant to queue for their brunch. Ji Hyo commented that she hadn’t been so relax for a long while.

They order three different types of cold noodles at Ji Hyo insistent, the Hamheung naengmyeon, Pyeongyang naengmyeon and Seoul-style naengmyeon. Ji Hyo chose to sit beside Jong Kook so she can snuggle close to him, feeling his warm while eating the cold noodles. Jong Kook didn’t mind, and they both agreed this is the best cold noodles ever and the long wait was worth it.

Since they had an early lunch, they decided to go Han river and cycle instead. Ji Hyo wanted to try a 2 person bicycles, she had a sneaky plan of letting Jong Kook fetched her around the Han River later. After cycling for 30 minutes, Ji Hyo was getting tried and she quietly raised her feet from the pedal and rested it on the bar. Jong Kook was happily cycling in front. Even if he had noticed the change, he had quietly let in pass and let this be his exercise session. They would stop at scenic spot to take pictures, cute ones, funny ones, lovey ones. They also took lot of selfies of themselves by the han river.

Ji Hyo was complaining that she was hungry and decided to stop by a Han dessert café to refuel Ji Hyo energy. She ordered a bingsu to share with Jong kook, of course, she had to fed Jong Kook knowing him will hardly touch sweet stuff. She happily stuffed the sweet ice into Jong Kook mouth and they both have brain freeze with every mouthful they ate.

For the whole day, Jong Kook had held her hand whether is it in bid to keep her warm, she didn’t know. She enjoyed her hand been protected by Jong Kook’s rough one, feeling his warmth slowly slipped into hers.

They decided to go look for their dinner spot, they are having Andong chicken at the singer, seven’s  restaurant at Guagnam. They decided to look around the area before having their dinner. The cold autumn winds were blowing and Ji Hyo try to source warmth from Jong Kook. Jong Kook hugged her. They decided to have their dinner and to escape from the cold winds. Seven’s had reserved a private room for both of them, and they both enjoy with sweet and spicy dinner. Jong Kook sent Ji Hyo home and collected his dirty clothes and drove back home.

When he reached home, he immediately reached for his phone to text Ji Hyo. He settled for a quick bath before giving Ji Hyo a call. They talked about another hour before they decided to call it a night. Both felt that there are vast improvement in their relationship.