Trust Me

Moody

Have this ever happened to you, people were laughing loudly and happily while you were stuck alone, not in the mood to laugh?

 
Well, that was what happened to Namjoon.
The members were laughing loudly, especially Hoseok, Taehyung, and Jimin. Namjoon sat with them in the living room, and he felt like he wasn't really with them. But still, he forced a smile or a laugh whenever they joked. He kept that for some time, until he couldn't hold it anymore.
"I'm going to my room," he excused himself.
"Okay, hyung," Taehyung answered.
And then, they continued to talk and laugh like there wasn't even a slight change. Well, not like there actually was.
Namjoon walked to his and Jungkook's shared room. He knew that he was being childish when he shouldn't, especially when he was the leader. Even though he shouldn't, he actually wanted to be respected and loved too, not to be ignored like this. He sighed as he laid on his bed. Putting on his earphones and some music, he closed his eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.
 
Little did he know that Jungkook actually realized that the leader was in a bad mood. He knew. 
The usual Namjoon would be really crazy too whenever the members joked around. But no. This time, he forced a smile or a fake laugh, and that made Jungkook cringe a bit. He watched how Namjoon couldn't hold it anymore, and how he went to his room while sighing. Then, Jungkook tried to brush it off, he thought that the older would cool down soon and join them back. 
But he couldn't ignore him.
And so, several minutes later, he stood up and went to his and Namjoon's room, to find a sleeping Namjoon with his earphone plugged on his ears. Jungkook then sat on the floor, admiring Namjoon's look. Then he wondered. 
How much Namjoon must have been working so hard until his eyebags were really heavy?
How many hours of sleep did Namjoon skip?
How stressed out was Namjoon until a frown could be seen on his face even though he was sleeping?
 
Jungkook was worried.
He was worried about Namjoon.
He gently caressed the leader's hair, and took off the earphones that the leader was wearing.
"Listening to music while sleeping isn't good for you, hyung," Jungkook whispered.
Namjoon then stirred his body, completely facing Jungkook. Slowly, his eyes started to open, and he found the maknae in front of him. Surprised, he sat up immediately and faced the younger.
"Yah," he said, "what are you doing here?"
"What do you mean, hyung? This is my room too, isn't it?" Jungkook answered.
"I mean, why aren't you with Tae and the others outside?"
"Because you're lonely, hyung."
Namjoon then looked at him, clearly surprised. But he tried to keep calm, and Jungkook read him.
"I know, hyung," Jungkook said, staring directly at Namjoon's eyes.
 
Namjoon then gave up, and his gaze dropped down to the floor.
"You're not in the mood, right?" Jungkook asked carefully.
Namjoon sighed and nodded.
"Then why did you bother forcing a smile or a laugh, hyung?"
"Because it will be rude if I don't," Namjoon answered.
Jungkook scoffed.
Then Namjoon frowned.
"What was that for?"
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, hyung," Jungkook giggled.
Namjoon just stayed silent.
"Hyung, you're tired, aren't you?" Jungkook asked him.
Namjoon was still silent.
"You went under a lot of stress, didn't you?"
And he was still not saying anything.
"Hyung," Jungkook called him.
Namjoon looked up.
He looked just like a lost puppy.
"Believe in me." 
He was still staring at Jungkook.
"Tell me everything, hyung. Whenever you want to talk, just talk to me. Whenever you feel stressed out, you can tell me about it. You can tell me anything, hyung. I want to be dependable, even if I'm the maknae. I want to take care of you like how you take care of me."
 
And then Namjoon's eyes went glassy.
Someone cared.
He cared.
Jeon Jungkook cared.
 
Then he pulled the maknae into a hug. Jungkook smiled, happily returning the hug. After a while, Namjoon pulled out from the hug and pecked the younger's lips. Jungkook grinned happily as he stole another kiss from Namjoon.
"I love you, hyung. Trust me, okay?"
Namjoon nodded and smiled warmly.
"I love you too. And yes, I promise."
 
Thankyou.