Chapter 1: Longed Chance

We Got Married: Yes or No
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 2020, Halo Entertainment Office

 It was a windy day. P’Nay rushed her steps to third floor to meet the team. When she opened the door, there were Ananda, P’Jeab, and P’Mui waited for her to start meeting. As the producer of Halo Entertainment, Ananda officially started the meeting for their next project –We Got Married. It is originally South Korean variety show. It was so successful in original version, China version, and global edition. WGM aired for about ten years from 2008 until 2018 and got many awards. So this year, Halo Entertainment wanted to adapt WGM and the first episode would be aired on December.

“Since everyone is here, I’d like to start meeting. As all of you know, we already talked about the introduction of this project in the previous meeting and today we need to discuss about picking the first couple for season 1. Anyone has suggestion who shall we choose?” Ananda said and eyed all team members.

P’Jeab was the first one who raised her hand, “How about Aom and Mario loveteam. They are so famous after staring our last drama. Aom and Mike loveteam also looks good I think. Remember how Full House and Kiss Me made hits years ago.”

“I also consider Aom but not sure which team will be the best fit. She is no doubt a perfect candidate for bridge since she is 32 now. I’m sure many fans  want to see her getting married.” Ananda said and waited for others’ confirmation.

 “What about making a closed polling? Let’s pick up around one thousand people as voters. I think we shall provide three couple pairings, Aom, Mario, Mike, and Tina. We can ask them which pairing they miss the most and likely to see.” P’Nay gave suggestion that made the rest widened their eyes upon hearing Tina’s name.

“Did I hear you wrong? Did you just say Tina?” P’Mui asked her senior with confused look.

“We all know they used to be a famous pairing and have millions of shippers across the world. Even up until now, we can see their loyal fans asking us for making a new project for Tiaom. We can’t make YON part 3 since Come On Sweet is the one that holds YON copyright. WGM has nothing to do with YON so we can make their pairing again here. If Tiaom pairing happens to win the polling, WGM will be hits on the whole world.” P’Nay explained to her teammates and no one knew that P’Nay actually had other thought in mind. She is like a father for Aom and Tina since their debut in YON. That’s why YON will always remain special for three of them. It is first film P’Nay directed. It is Tina’s first debut in showbiz. It is a stepping stone that skyrocketed Aom’s career. Surely P’Nay wished that WGM would be more likely like a reunion for them. She missed working with her children especially Tina.

“What P’Nay said makes sense. I think we shall give it a try. Mui you are assigned to manage everything about the closed voting. Please make sure that the secret of this voting is totally safe and I want to get the result in next week in detailed report.” Ananda directed P’Mui and she just nodded as response, then he continued, “Okay guys. We will meet again on next week. Thank you for your attention.”

 

One week later at Halo Entertainment Office

P’Mui had worked hard for the past six days. She did a great job for arranging the closed voting. She brought the report and was ready to start her presentation.

“Good afternoon guys. We are gathering here today to hearing from Mui about the result of our closed voting for WGM pairing. Mui, please read your report for us. Ananda said as opening the meeting.

“Thank you for the time K’An.  So, the voting was held on Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. via polltrix. The voters have various ages from twenty to forty. We gathered one thousand voters. As what K’An said, I’ve made sure all the voters are confident and won’t reveal anything to anyone. Then about the result, as you can see here on the screen, 13% voted for Aom Mike, 24% for Aom Mario, and the rest of 63% for Aom Tina. Interesting fact here is even the voters in their early 20’s are familiar with Tina Aom loveteam. They were only thirteen or fourteen when YON 1 released but now they say they want to see this ship sailing once more in new project. They want to witness Tina and Aom sweetness and chemistry with their own eyes.” P’Mui gave a brief description to her teammates.

“So it is like what P’Nay predicted. Then about the concept, we need to change it a bit I guess. As you know, WGM originally presented boyxgirl pairings. But now since our fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter