PT #4

NaNoNet | resources for writers + those participating in NaNoWriMo

To everyone who has been struggling:

I know where you're coming from, it has been rough for me recently in trying to get my writing to go anywhere other than a cursor blinking in the screen. Where we're sitting there and wishing we could write, and yet nothing comes out. It's so depressing and frustrating, especially when you see others doing well and just seeming to fly through it.

However, remember that there are people that you can lean on, people who are happy to support you to help you get to your goal. 

1: If you're not feeling motivated, talk to a friend about your story: I always find that speaking about my plans and listening to feedback helps me to reignite my own passion about my story. 

2: If you're just not feeling like writing, find someone to sprint with you. Seeing someone else's number going up makes me want to join them, and I find that my fingers just start flying over the keyboard.

3: If you find that you're spending more time on editing and worrying over your typos and grammatical mistakes, just ignore them! Let them slide for now and just write the basic word out. Come December, you can go back and revise and fix everything, but for November, just focus on getting those initial words out. 

4: Remember, you can do this!!! Just keep plugging away and stay determined, and you will be successful! You got this!

(Sent in by -Tigress-)