ONE: The Beginning

Their Journey

What was that?

Every time he touched her, even the barest of touch, she felt a tinge of electricity course through her. It was so strong that the first time she felt it she missed a step while they were dancing. She's not sure if the cameras were able to capture her small slip but she knows that it was transparent on her face. It was electric... and intense. And she knows he felt it too.

Accepting a bottle of water from her manager, she not-so-smoothly slipped a glance towards his direction, hiding behind the bottle. He was with Kyuhyun and a stylist who is busy fixing their hair. Kyuhyun was chatting him up not noticing that what he was saying fell on deaf ears. He was just standing there, nodding his head absentmindedly. He looked like he was lost in a trance, but then slowly she sees him look at his hands. Those same hands that were on her mere minutes ago. Suddenly he looks up at her as if he knew she was looking his way. She drops the water bottle she was holding, surprised at how intense he was staring at her. A shiver ran up through her spine. She once again felt electricity zap between them, only now it was so strong that it knocked her back, causing her to bump with her manager.

"Victoria, are you okay?" Her manager asks as he put a hand on her back to steady her. That was embarrassing.

"Uh... I'm okay oppa. I just got off-balanced for a second." She lies, keeping her head low. Absently fixing her fringe to hide her embarrassment. She could feel the eyes of those in the room on her, including his. Where’s the closet when you need one?

"Be careful. We don't want another injury after what happened this morning." Her manager tells her. Oh, that reminded her.

“Oppa. Can we go now?” She asks, picking up the dropped bottle from the floor to keep herself from being pulled by his piercing gaze. “Is Luna still at the hospital?” She adds. She can still feel his eyes watching her every move.

“We can go. She just finished seeing the doctor. We’ll meet them at the office.” He says with a smile, relief etched on his face.

When Luna suddenly cried out in pain when they were in camera rehearsal for the dance performance earlier that morning she and her manager were both in crisis mode. She felt so scared and helpless then. Unable to do anything for her member but assure her that everything will be okay. Only when the medic came and diagnosed the situation did she and manager breathe a sigh of relief upon knowing that the injury wasn’t that severe. But it was a scare nonetheless.

Their only problem then after was how to go about with the performance. It was a couple dance, with Eunhyuk and her, Luna with him, Lee Donghae. They didn’t anticipate for an accident to happen so they didn’t place a back-up dancer on stand-by. So it was suggested by Jaewon, their choreographer, that Victoria do both couple dances. Having watched Luna’s part during practice she agreed into doing it even when there was only 2 hours before the live performance. Practicing the choreography with Donghae went smoothly backstage. But it just felt different once they were on stage.

 

“Hyung! We’ll go ahead.” Her manager called out to Super Junior’s manager as he grabbed a bag from the couch. The rest of the staff with her following suit.

“Oh. Okay. Is Luna doing better?” She heard Super Junior’s manager ask as she turns away from their conversation and also start to gather her stuff from the couch when a hand caught hers.

“Here, let me.” He pulls her bag with ease and hands it to her, her hand captured between his. “Is Sunyoung-ah better now?” He asks still not letting go of her hand.

“Uh… y-yes.” She manages to squeak out.

“That’s good.” He smiles softly at her. She could feel her heartbeat start to go a bit faster seeing him smile like that. So closely to her.

“Yeah… uh.” It was starting to feel so warm suddenly that she was sure her face would turn red in a second. Awkwardness started to settle in. He must have felt it too coz his eyes started to wander, looking anywhere else but directly at her.

“Uh oppa… can I have it now?” She finally says. Tugging her bag gently to clue him in.

“Ah. Yes. Yes. Sorry. Here.” He sputters making her look up at him and see him squirm at bit which she found cute. He finally releases his hand on hers, suddenly making her feel somewhat miss the feeling.

“Ah, thank you.” She manages to say when Kyuhyun suddenly places a heavy arm around her shoulder almost tripping her forward.

“Qian-ah, you didn’t forget about our plans on Wednesday right?” Kyuhyun asks. His arm on her shoulder steadying her.

“No. No, I didn’t forget oppa.” She replies. “I also didn’t forget that you’re treating this time.” She teasingly adds, poking Kyuhyun on the side.

“Hey! You readily paid last time without giving me a chance to get my wallet out. Even though you know that it was my turn.” Using his stretched arm around her shoulder he starts to pinch her cheek.

“You didn’t stop me either! Yah! Cho Kyuhyun. You! You! You better pay this time. I’m not bringing any cash with me!” She explodes, falling into their usual friendly banter. Retaliating she pinches his side causing him to let go of her. As he mutters that she doesn’t play fair.

“Okay. Okay.” He gives in, holding up his arms in defeat. “It’s not like you paid that much.” He continues to mutter to himself.

“Yah! You told me to order their most expensive meat! You said to not worry about the price!” She says in exasperation. Then it sunk in that everyone in the room was eyeing them curiously, including him. He was standing right in front of them, silently watching them quarrel like kids, with a trace of smile. She suddenly felt shy that he witnessed that. She was feeling hot again as she starts to awkwardly fan herself.

“Qian-ah, I promise I will pay this time okay?” Kyuhyun cuts in. “What’s with your face?” He asks curiously, noticing her reddening cheeks. When he notices Donghae looking over at her. “Did I miss something?”

“I think Victoria-sshi’s embarrassed coz everyone’s looking this way.” Donghae says loud enough making the people staring look elsewhere. She looks up at him and sends him a grateful smile.

“Oh. Well, she started it.” Kyuhyun points at Victoria. But before she could say something back or slap him in the back, her manager who she didn’t notice move beside her tells her that it’s time to go.

“You just got saved Cho Kyuhyun.” She says, giving him her most deadly stare.

“Yes. Yes. Go and kill somebody else with that stare of yours.” He dismissively teases her. “Oh, and bring me back some egg tarts from Hong Kong will you?” He adds as he pulls her into a friendly embrace.

“I’ll try oppa.” She says over his shoulder.

“Have fun on your performance in Hong Kong. Call me when you get back so I can pick you up.” Kyuhyun tells her while clapping her back.

“Okay.” She replies. Kyuhyun’s one of those people she depends on after arriving in South Korea years ago. They’ve been inseparable since. They’ve always supported each other that some people might think of their relationship differently. But they’ve just only been friends since then and will always remain friends despite what others might think. “I better go.” She gives him a light squeeze before pulling away. Moving away she says her goodbyes to the other Super Junior members and the staff who were there.

“Good luck with the concert.” She hears Donghae tell her when he suddenly appears beside her.

“Ah, Super Junior oppas too. With your stages I mean.” She responds quickly. Unsure whether to also give him a hug like what she did with his other members. She wasn’t that close with him unlike with how she is with them. Usually when they’d say goodbye before he’d pull her into a friendly hug. But now he seems unsure what to do, with him fidgeting his hands on his sides.

“Well… Uh. You better go.” He quietly says while biting his lower lip.

“Ah, yes… Bye.” She says with an awkward bow towards him. With him bowing back in response and her bowing back again.

 

That Wednesday

“Are you even listening to me?” Victoria asks as she slaps Kyuhyun lightly on the back. She’s back from f(x)’s concert appearance in Hong Kong. Having made plans with Kyuhyun before, she had no choice but to go through with it despite having a slight headache since this was the only time they could fit into their schedule.

“Sorry.” Kyuhyun raises his head from his phone. “This hyung of mine is bothering me.” He says while showing her his conversation with Donghae.

“Oh. Why? Is something wrong?” She asks curiously.

“Qian-ah, sorry to do this. But can he join us? He doesn’t like eating alone. And I’m the only one available right now.” He explains, throwing his phone on the table. “Aish, this hyung. I feel like he’s the maknae sometimes and I’m the hyung.” He mutters.

“It’s fine with me.” She automatically responds without thinking. Biting her tongue seconds after when she remembers their last encounter.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. The more the merrier right?” She responds with much sincerity.

“Okay then. I’ll tell him to come over.” He says slipping her one final glance as if asking her one last time if it really is okay with her.

 

“Kyuhyunnie, I love you!” Just hearing his voice made her jump from where she standing. She just came in from the back door after finishing a phone call from her manager when he finally arrives. Making her completely stop a few tables away from where her unexpected company now sits.

“Hyung. You’re gonna pay right?” She could hear Kyuhyun’s teasing tone.

“Ha. So that’s why you agreed.” She could see him settling into her seat, right across Kyuhyun. He must not have noticed her yet from where she’s standing. “But okay. Since I’m the one disrupting your plans.”

“Cha. What’s their most expensive meal here?” Kyuhyun starts browsing the menu again. Watching his hyung’s reaction from the menu book. She knows he’s just teasing her since they already ordered right before he came in.

“Why are you eating here anyways? This doesn’t look like your regular place to eat.” He observes from looking at the décor and to the interior of the restaurant.

“Actually…” Kyuhyun must not have told him that she was there with him when he agreed on inviting him over. She decides that it’s time to get back to her table. As she slowly walks towards were they were seating.

“Victoria-sshi.” With just a table away, he finally looks towards her direction and puts two on two. “Ah, today was when you planned to meet-up.” He looks between her and then to Kyuhyun.

“Ah, hello oppa.” Taking the final steps forward she greets him as he stands up at the same time to acknowledge her.

“Ah, yes. Hello too.” He bows back at her then looks back at Kyuhyun who was acting innocently. “Sorry about this. I wouldn’t have bothered you guys if he told me that he was with you. I can go.” He says back to her before shooting daggers to Kyuhyun.

“Ah… no. No, stay… please.” He was about to grab his bag from the chair when she suddenly grabbed his arm. Freezing him in place. Why did she do that? Slowly he looks at where her hand is on his arm. Feeling embarrassed by her action, she lets go of her grip and take a step backward.

“I’m sorry about this.” He utters a second after. “But if it’s really alright with you. It’s just that I don’t like eating alone. And my members are busy with a schedule.”

“Hmph, and I’m not busy?” Kyuhyun interjected, earning him a slap to the back. She laughs at Kyuhyun’s pained expression.

“You can stay. This guy here was boring me anyway.” She says honestly as she too claps Kyuhyun in the back loudly.

“Hey! I was not.” He exclaims.

 

When the three of them finally settle in their seats. With Kyuhyun and Donghae sitting side by side, while she was sitting across the two on the sofa, their food arrive and they fell into friendly chatter all the while getting their fill. With Kyuhyun leading the conversation most of the time.

Cleaning out their plates, they settle into comfortable silence. A guitar piece was being played on the speakers scattered around the restaurant. On stage a band was starting to set-up their equipment, getting ready for their performance. She was captivated by what they were doing when Kyuhyun suddenly sat next to her. His phone in hand.

“C’mon let’s take a picture together.” He suggests, holding his phone up in the air. “Hyung, sit beside Qiannie.” He tells Donghae who still didn’t make a move of going next to her. Just as Kyuhyun then pulls Donghae by the sleeve and sits him next to her, Donghae’s arm brushing past her.

“Closer!” Kyuhyun exclaims as he strikes a pose. Suddenly Donghae moves in closer to her. His shoulder right behind her back. His face coming up so close to hers making her turn her face slightly towards him. It was so close that she could hear his breathing. She thought that maybe he could also hear her now accelerating heartbeat. A shaky breath escapes her just as Kyuhyun takes the shot.

“Let’s take one more.” Kyuhyun comments beside her as he looks over the picture he just took. Wanting to also look over the photo, she inches towards Kyuhyun, moving away from Donghae. But he pulls his phone away, stares back at her with eyes with glint of mischief. Curious.

“On second thought. I’ll take a photo of you two.” Kyuhyun stands up and moves in front of them. A grin plastered on his face, that same kind of smile she saw him make when he was planning a trick on Changmin. This is not good. She knows whatever he’s planning involves her and that’s what she hates the most. Catching Kyuhyun’s attention, she was mentally asking him not to do it. And as if reading her perfectly, he winks back at her making her more anxious.

“Aw. C’mon hyung. Move in closer. And put your arm around her shoulder.” He says, pleading to Donghae to humor him just this once. That which the latter follows suit. Slowly, he reaches over her. The whole time she froze like ice. Until his arm comfortably settles on her shoulders. That was only when she relaxed a bit. She could feel how warm he was even through her 2-layered clothing. But it was his scent that overpowered all her other senses. With how closely he is to her, she’s engulfed by that woody, masculine scent surrounding him. It was not strong like what most guys wear, it was just right for her preference. Lost in the sensation, a chuckle breaks her trance.

“Wow. You two look great together.” Kyuhyun comments as he looks at them through his phone camera. She could hear his amusement even though he’s hidden behind his phone taking shots of his models together.

“Wait. Are you blushing Qian?” He asks curiously as he pulls away from his phone and look directly at her. “You too hyung.” He quips. As if burned, the two of them move away from each other too quickly to Kyuhyun’s amusement.

“Omo. What’s with this reaction? It’s not like I caught you two doing something improper.” He says too innocently. If only looks could kill Kyuhyun would have been brutally murdered by now. With both of them giving him the evil eye.

“You two are acting weird since that day. That dance. Now acting awkward and all. If I didn’t know better I’d say you two like each other.” He says the last statement so loudly that the people sitting on the other table turn their heads towards their direction.

“Oppa!” “Kyuhyun-ah!” They squeal out loud at the same time. Oh, she wants to punch him so badly.

“Omo. You’re not even denying it. Maybe I should push you two together.” He points at the two of them. All she wants to do now is crawl under a rock, hide in a closet… hide somewhere.

“Ha. Now you’ve gone crazy.” She hears Donghae say in exasperation. He slowly rises from his seat moving towards Kyuhyun who is slowly backing up.  

“I think I should.” He teases as he puts out his hands in front of him to stop Donghae from reaching him. All this time she was watching them with amusement. Finally after struggling a bit, Donghae locks his arm around Kyuhyun’s neck.

“Kyuhyun-ah! You’re just imagining things!” Donghae says loudly directly at Kyuhyun’s ear while the latter is on neck lock. What if he’s right? What if she did like him? She had this thought that whole time.

“Aish… Maybe I am. But I know I’m not.” Kyuhyun keeps on while struggling to remove himself from his restraint.

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! There is nothing to imagine.” Finally succeeding, Kyuhyun moves to her side of the table to escape Donghae’s clutching hands. Hiding behind her, he pushes her in front of him as a shield. Stopping Donghae from his advances.

“I was looking at you two after the dance in the waiting room. I just had this feeling since then.” He’s never going to shut up is he?

“Ah… You’re crazy oppa!” Having enough of his talk, she slaps him in the arm. “Crazy… crazy.” She says, hitting him some more. Desperately he tries to dodge her attack when his phone starts chiming.

“Ouch! Time out! STOP!” Letting go of her, he shoots her a dirty look before standing up to answer the call. Leaving the two of them in an awkward situation. He was sitting in front of her biting his lower lip, humming with the music being played on the background. Knowing not what to do or say, she also stays quiet and just starts to play with her fork on the table when Kyuhyun returns.

“Yah. Yah.  I need to go.” He says quickly as he picks up his bag.

“What?” “Why?” They both ask him at the same time with questioning eyes.

“Teukkie-hyung wants me to go to the office right now.” He rattles on as he plops himself next to her. “I forgot to finish my papers. He’s gonna pissed if I don’t get it done by tonight.” He rummages through his bag, looking for his wallet.

“Ah. Hyung, give me your car keys.” He suddenly says with his hand stretched out towards Donghae.

“My car keys?” He asks innocently.

“Your keys. C’mon.” Obediently, Donghae produces his keys and drops it on Kyuhyun’s hand.

“Qian-ah, hold on to these.” Kyuhyun mumbles as he places the keys on her hand.

‘What? Why?” She questions, clutching on to them.

“Take her home will you. I drove her here. Do me this as a favor.” He directs his statement to Donghae.

“Ah, oppa. I can go home by myself. I can take a taxi back to the dorm.” She starts to argue as Kyuhyun puts a hand on her shoulder silencing her.

“She drank a glass of wine before you got here.”

“It was just one glass. And it was hours ago.” She defends herself. Annoyed at Kyuhyun that he’d use that reason to have someone babysit her. She doesn’t like that she’s being treated like she can’t handle herself.

“I’ll take her home.” He says with a nod. “Go.”

“Okay. Thank you.” Standing up he acknowledges Donghae with a nod before turning his attention to her. “Sorry. I’ll make it up to you next time.” He says as he pulls her into a hug even though he can tell from her expression that she’s annoyed with him.

“It’s okay. We can talk next time.” Softening up, she returns his hug. But squeezing him a bit more to let him know how she feels about him right now as he chuckles in response.

“I meant everything I said a while ago. I’d like to see you happily dating someone Qian.” He whispers on her ear, startling her.

“Yah!” She quickly pulls away as she hits him once more. Hiding her surprise at what he just said. “Go. And drive safely okay?”

“Okay.” He smiles down at her as he finally makes a move to leaving. “Hyung.” He says as he passes Donghae on his way out.

 

“I lose my stuff easily. That’s why he gave you my car keys.” A few minutes pass before one of them finally start a conversation. The band singing in the background was the only sound that covered the silence. The two of them both sat uncomfortably, both of them trying to think of what to say first when he finally breaks the ice.

“I know. He told me countless stories about you and your magic hands.” She smiles thinking of the stories she was told of.

“Ah, how embarrassing.” She looks up at him and finds him biting his lip again.

“It’s cute.” She voices out. She remembers laughing so hard when she heard of his “magic hands”. She didn’t believe Kyuhyun at first. Not until he made her watch a video of Donghae suddenly breaking a table when he just lightly touched it. She found it really cute how embarrassed and at the same time surprised he was of what he did.

“Ah… now I’m more embarrassed.” He cowers and covers his reddening face with his hands.

“Cute.” She voiced her thought out loud.

“So what should we do now? I mean… It’s not even 11pm yet. We can do something else. Uh, if you like.” He says after clearing his throat and putting on a serious face which only made her find him cuter. “Would you like to have dessert?” He suggests after some thought. “I saw a café across the street when I was parking my car, we can head there. Or maybe they have a dessert menu here?” He adds as he signals a passing waitress for the menu.

“Um. This is actually one of my favorite places to eat because of their dessert.” She says with a shy smile. “Can I something pick for you?” She asks him as a waitress finally comes to their table bringing the menu.

“Oh? Well… Then. I’ll trust whatever you pick for me will be delicious.” He says as he hands over the menu to her.

“Good. They make the best molten chocolate cake here. It’s a favorite of mine.” She smiles at him brightly as she looks for the page. Happy that she can do something for him since she’s most comfortable when she talks about food.

 

After the waitress takes their order they start to talk comfortably. Talking about their individual groups, their plans after their promotions. From talking about work, they slowly drifted to getting to know each other. He was asking her about how she grew up in China. How it’s different now after living for years in South Korea. She asks him about his family. It was like getting to know a new friend. They talked about their favorite restaurants. They talked about meeting their Teacher Lee Soo Man for the first time. Their first impression of each other. Even though they’ve known each other since she was a trainee, this was the first they’ve actually talked. Thirty minutes later the waitress places a plate of molten lava cake and tiramisu in front of them.

“How is it?” Leaning forward she asks him curiously after he takes a bite off his cake.

“Wow~” He exclaims as his eyes grow bigger and his mouth forms an O.

“Right?” She knows the exact feeling, remembering the first time she tasted it too.

“This. This is really by far one of the best I’ve tasted… and just hmmm~” He announces as he takes another forkful. “I have to come back here and try out all their dessert.” He adds as he helps himself to another one.

“You should.” She readily agrees since she’d done just that. She has been coming back to this same restaurant ever since her first bite. She has particularly fallen in love with their molten lava cake that she gets just every time she comes. But unfortunately this time they only had baking supplies for one more order of the cake to her disappointment. So now she’s eyeing his cake with longing.

“Aren’t you eating yours?” He must have noticed her eyeing his plate.

“Uh. Well.” Embarrassed, she couldn’t form a proper response after being caught.

“Ah. Would you like some of mine?” He offers as he pushes his plate to the center of the table as if reading her.

“Ah. No… No.” Not budging. He insists as he grabs her fork and takes a huge chunk of the cake and places the fork on her hand. “Well, if you don’t mind oppa.” She finally concedes after seeing him urge her on.

“You should have told me sooner. I almost cleaned out my plate.” He says apologetically.

“I’ll just have a bite.” She says shyly as she finally takes the bite. “Hmmm~” The cake just melting on , she couldn’t help but express how good it just is.

“Just a bite? Are you sure?” Smiling at her, he teases her as he leans back on his chair and looks at her enjoy it.

“Maybe another one?” She asks as he nods in agreement. He was smiling the whole time while looking over at her. She could see a twinkle on his eyes as he continue to until both their plates were cleaned out.

 

Half an hour later they were on their way out. After he paid for their dessert, which they argued about, he opens the passenger’s door for her. Thanking him for the gesture she slides in, a familiar scent captures her attention. It was the same scent she smelled on him when they were taking the picture. That made her think about those moments that had her heart racing. It also made her realize that they were now all alone, in a car… in a confined space. That made her nervous.

Stiffening on the thought, she sees him finally enter the vehicle and start the car. Her heart was starting to speed up again, her palms sweating. Maybe it was the wine from before or by eating too much chocolate or maybe because of her overthinking but her head’s also starting to really ache.

Suddenly he leans over her side. So close to her face. So close to her racing heart.

“Are you okay?” Frozen in place, she sees him reach over and grab the seatbelt, buckling her in. She hears him ask her as she grimaces in pain. “Does your head hurt?”

“A bit but I can manage.” She says to put him at ease. He sounds so concerned that she’s touched by it.

“Ah. You just got back today right? You could have just rescheduled today.” He says after a minute of thinking it over. His concern greatly swaying her. “That Cho Kyuhyun. He sometimes doesn’t seems to care about others as long as he gets it his way.” He mumbles to himself, looking a bit annoyed.

“I know I could. I just didn’t want to.” She says in a tiny voice. She felt him shift on his seat so he’s facing her now. “We had this scheduled since last week. For a friend, I can spare a few hours of sleep.” She says honestly.

“Hmmm. You’re a good friend Victoria-sshi.” She’s surprised at what he said. At how he can conclude that just by what she said.

“He’d do the same for me.” Facing him, she smiles, she knows that he knows this fact too. Since he’s in the same group as Kyuhyun. He should know how loyal Kyuhyun is to his friends.

“Ha. He’d curse at you first. But he’ll do it.” He retorts as she bites back a smile. Coz she knows that is too true.

“I know.”

Slowly he slides the car out of parking. Sitting in comfortable silence, they reach the main street where there was light traffic.

“Hmm. I’d like a friend like that.” Curiously she looks at him. Curious at his statement. “Can we become friends maybe?” That surprises her. The thought of him wanting to become friends with her.

“Uh…” She was at loss for words. Slowly he eases the car to a stop by the red light.

“What year were you born?” He prods as she answers automatically.

“1987.”

“February 2nd right?” She is surprised he knew her birthday.

“Uh-huh.” Where is he going with this?

“See. We’re same year friends!” He exclaims. “Plus if we were to become friends I won’t be cursing at you like Cho Kyuhyun does when you want something. I’ll be a better friend than that kid.” It makes her smile that he was thinking of petty reasons just to make her consider.

“Hmm. That is a nice offer you got there.” She says after some thought. Trying to act like as if she’s really considering it.

“You see! Then you can bring me to all the restaurants you know that serve mouthwatering desserts. I’ll pay ofcourse.” He says it in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

“Ha! So that’s what you’re after!” She knew it! He was after something after all. Making her laugh some more.

“No…. No.” He denies it with his whole body which amuses her. “I really wanna be friends with you Victoria-sshi.” He says in a serious tone as the light turns to green and they start to move again.

“Really?” She can’t believe it what she was hearing. Unsure if he was still joking around or that he really means it.

“I’d like to be… friends with you. If you’re okay with it.” He says with a side glance at her. He does mean it.

“Hm. I’d like that too.” She says truthfully. With how much she enjoyed his company for these few hours. She’s willing to bet that she’ll gain a great friend in him.

“Good! We’ll be friends from now on.” He concludes as if it’s a done deal. “Ah… Those desserts. I can taste them melting in my mouth.” He teases her some more.

“Oppa~” She slaps him in the arm playfully.

Easing to a stop once again for a red light he faces her. He looks so happy with what he has just gained. He looked like a kid, happy to gain a new toy.

“Kidding. C’mon give me your phone.” He reaches out his hand, waiting for her to do as he asks. “Many call you by Victoria or Vic right?” He asks.

“Yes. My members and some of my friends here in Korea.” She answers. Curious what he’s up to now as she pulls her phone from her bag and slips it into his waiting hands.

He was typing something on it when suddenly his phone started chiming. He was calling her using her phone.

“Ah. Now you have my number. And I have yours, friend.” He beams as he gives her phone back to her. “And I have yours. Here. Look.” He says proudly after typing something on his phone and then pushing his phone towards her so she can read what he just typed in.

“Tori?” She asks curiously. It was her registered name on his phone. It was a name nobody has yet to call her by. It was unfamiliar but she likes the ring to it.

“Can I call you that?” He looks over her curiously. Assessing her reaction.

“Uh. I guess so.” She says with a shrug of the shoulder.

“Has anyone called you by that name?” He asks her as the car moves on the green light.

“I don’t think so?” She answers after thinking it over. Inside she’s liking it too much that he’s the first one to her by that name.

“Good. Then I’ll be the first.” What she was exactly thinking. “You can just keep on calling me oppa.” He offers as her supposedly next question was answered.

 

They get to know each other more during the remainder of the ride. He told her a few more incidents with his “magic hands”.  She told him of her plans of one day opening a bakery which he fully supports with the condition he get free goodies each time he comes by. They were already laughing at each other’s stories like how old friends are.

With a block away from her dorm he slows the car and parks on the curb. “Stay here for a minute.” He says as he unbuckles his seatbelt, looks at the side mirror, opens his door and gets out. Where are you going?

She sees him enter a store she didn’t noticed before. A minute later he strides towards the car, knocks on her, signaling for her to open her door which she does. “Here. Drink this.” He gives her a paper bag. Opening it she sees that he bought her a bottle of water and medicine for her head.

“Thank you.” She’s greatly touched by the gesture as her heart once again starts to pound. When she still didn’t move to drink her medicine he grabs the bag back and pulls the water out.  Opening the bottle cap, he offers it to her which she accepts. Next he pops out the tab from its casing. With a shaky hand, she accepts it. There’s a fluttering feeling in her stomach she didn’t know how to describe brought about by his unexpected gestures. Is this normal feeling between friends?

“You’re welcome.” He smiles down at her as she swallows back the medicine and down it with water. “Friends do this much for each other. I’m much better than Kyuhyun aren’t I?” He jokes which makes her smile.

“Ha. Yes oppa.” She says with a shaky voice.

Satisfied with her answer he retrieves the water and places it inside the bag, giving it to her before he closes her door. Striding to the other side of the car, he slides in and starts the car once again.

 

“This is your place?” He says as he halts the car right in front of the entrance of her building.

“Yes.” She answers as she unbuckles her seatbelt and grabs her bag. He gets out of the car that same moment and head for her door, opening it for her. “Thank you for driving me home. I know you must be tired by now.” Getting out with his help, she says this earnestly.

“I’m okay. Go on in and get some sleep.” He prods her as they awkwardly stand next to each other. He looked like he still wanted to say something.

“Thank you again for today oppa. I had fun.” Unsure what else to say, she tells him once again how thankful she is as she slowly inch away from him and move towards the door of the building.

“Me too.” He was standing there awkwardly as he looks at her moving away. “Well then. Goodnight Tori.” He finally says with a stiff wave of his hand and a smile. Hearing him say her name like that made her heart skip a beat. Freezing her in her step. What is this feeling?

“Oppa, goodnight too.” She says when she recovers and waves back at him. Turning her back at him she waves her hands and walk inside her building.

“Bye Tori~” She hears him just as the door closes. Her heart unexplainably beating faster and faster.

 

 

xxx

comments. suggestions. are greatly appreciated :)

also anyone curious about the dance that Haetoria did -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knitf-nSFZk

THANK YOU FOR READING x