Imperfections

EXO Drabbles

You are everything that I’ve asked for. From your tall stature to your brown skin, your warm smile and wise words, you are everything that I could ever need. As you walk beside me I wonder if I’m the same for you. Are my wide eyes and thick lips everything you desire? Is my small frame and pale skin what you asked for? Is my heart shaped smile and motherly nature what you need? 

I couldn’t imagine it being. We are so different. How can we attract so naturally? I look up at you only to see you looking in return. You seemed content as you smiled softly at me. Maybe you are happy with me, like I am with you. 

You didn’t ask what bothered me. You didn’t need to because it was the same thing that always bothered me. You just hug me closer to you. You showed me just how well I fit in your strong arms and under your chiseled chin. You run my pink lips under your calloused thumb, relishing in the way the soft surface gave so easily to the small pressure. Your pass your own pair of soft lips over my round eyes, causing me to shut them as you press light kisses on the fair skin of my face. 

The smile you wore as I fluttered them open again answered my questions – at least for now. Relief spread across my face and I know that you can tell that my heart is now lighter.  "I was made for you as you were made for me," you whispered into my ear, voice soft but so very certain. I nodded in agreement. You were made for me. I was made for you. Tomorrow I may doubt again or you may doubt your own childish ways, but we will stay together. We will whisper and caress until our troubles are gone once again.