Masterpiece

EXO Drabbles

Jongin watched as heart shaped lips spoke and smiled. He followed the owl shaped eyes as they crinkled and glared playful at the many guests that surrounded him. He watched as small slender fingers played with the edges of plates and a devious pink tongue tickled the top of Champaign glasses. Jongin smirked at the wrinkling nose that showed his distaste and sparkling white teeth that showed his pleasure as he ate and mingled. 

The man was small and modest, but he had completely grabbed Jongin’s attention as he threaded and weaved though the people around him. He shined, the good in his soul practically seeping through his pores. He could see that the little man caught the attention of others because of it. One so good natured and so naturally alluring could not be ignored. Jongin didn’t like the additional attention, though, but he knew that the other would be wholly his soon enough. 

“Kai, what’s your status.”

The communicator tickled the inside of his ear, his superior’s baritone sounding in his head. The crackling sound woke Jongin and he was suddenly very aware of just how much the other enraptured him. 

“Everything’s clear,” he answered. 

“Good,” the voice sounded again hollow and empty, so different from the man he was watching, but so similar to himself, “Wait for further instruction.”

Wait – that meant that he could watch for longer. He began again, following the other as he walked among the crowd. He was standing next to another now, close and familiar. Jongin noticed the small touches on the other’s bicep as he smiled brightly. He saw how the owl eyes watched the taller one in adoration and love. He didn’t look to see if the other returned the stare. It didn’t matter. He’ll be Jongin’s soon enough. 

Jongin couldn’t deny that the two looked lovely together, though. The small man’s frame fit perfectly within the other, his hand completely engulfed by the other’s larger ones. He melted under the other’s smile and became a lit at the other’s burning gazes. A part of Jongin didn’t know if he wanted to separate such a pair, but the static in his ear told him that he had no other choice. 

“You’re clear here,” the voice said, “Go when you’re ready.”

Jongin nodded, knowing that somewhere someone could see him. The shot rang loud in his ears. He watched as his bullet instantly traveled the 100 yards that separated himself and the man he was falling for, sweeping past wine hair and though pale skin. Jongin watched as the once sparking owl eyes dimmed, forever shut and lifeless. He followed with his lens as blood trickled down to cover heart shaped lips and sparking white teeth, staining them red. The small hands lay lifeless and still. The crowed ran and scattered, their attention no longer on the small man but for their own safety. Finally, he was Jongin’s and Jongin’s alone to adore. Do Kyungsoo, one of Jongin’s many masterpieces.