Karry's plan

Sunday Morning

Karry was awake earlier that morning after he heard a loud alarm from his cellphone. He checked the time before he got up and turned off his cellphone. It was a half past five in the morning, too early for him to be awake on Sunday. Yeah, it was Sunday and their day off. It was rare to be free on that day so he had made a plan last night to spend the day with his roommates and also bandmates, Roy and Jackson.

Karry, who was just wearing , walked towards his closet to get a pair of loose trunks and a white tee then put them on his body quickly. After that, he came out of his room and walked to Roy’s room to wake him up. “Hey, come on, wake up!” Karry said as he moved a-year-younger boy’s body with his hands. Then he walked to the window and opened the curtain widely, letting the sunlight come into the room abruptly. “Go get ready!” Karry said again then he pulled away the blanket from Roy which then showed the younger one’s upper body.

Roy hissed at the loss and a sudden chill he felt. “Ready for what? It’s still early!” he whined after he glanced at the clock on the table. “Why should I wake up now? It’s Sunday for God’s sake and our day off!”

“Just do what I tell you, man,” said Karry. “Ah yeah, please, wake Jackson up. I want to get ready.”

“Tsk!” Roy clicked his tongue in annoyance then he sat on the bed and rubbed his eyes. He still wanted to sleep, but he could not disobey what Karry told him. He’s the leader anyway, he thought. Then he slowly got off the bed and walked out the room to Jackson’s room after putting on pants since he did not wear one when he slept. He saw the slightly younger boy still sleep peacefully with a blanket wrapped up his body. Jackson also hugged his most precious thing, Rilakkuma doll. Without a word, Roy suddenly pulled away the blanket from the younger one and it made Jackson awake.

“Hey! What’s wrong with you?!” asked Jackson in a hoarse tone. He pulled his blanket from Roy’s hands and wrapped it up again around his body.

Roy chuckled to see Jackson’s reaction and it was not the only one reason he chuckled. “I see what you wear there~” he sang his sentence. “Maroon with white dots… good undies you got there.”

“Oh, shut up!” exclaimed Jackson in annoyance as he threw a pillow at Roy. “Get out of my room! I still want to sleep more,” he said as he nuzzled his face on his other pillow.

“Oh, you can’t~” said Roy. Then he sat on the edge of Jackson’s bed and started to move the younger one’s body. “Karry asked me to wake you up. I don’t know what’s wrong with him this morning, but he wants us to wake up now,” he said. “You don’t want to disappoint your leader, do you?”

Jackson groaned before he pulled off his blanket from his head. Of course he did not want to disappoint Karry by disobeying his order even though he felt in an opposite way. He had considered the leader as their own older brother since Karry took care of him and Roy well. Shortly after that, Jackson turned his body to face Roy with his sleepy eyes. “Please, take that pants for me,” he asked to the slightly older one weakly as he pointed at the pants on the table.

Roy chuckled again. “Why don’t you take that by yourself? I’ve seen everything. Don’t be ashamed~” he teased Jackson and the latter could only groan again in annoyance.

                                                  

***

 

“Are you crazy?!” exclaimed Jackson at Karry in annoyance then he yawned since he was still sleepy. “God! It’s too early to work out, Xiao Kai! And it’s so cold,” he said and he regretted not to wear a jacket and long pants, but wore a pair of loose clothes instead.

“That’s why I told you to wear a thick jacket,” Karry said. “But you’ll get warm if you work out seriously.”

“Seriously… what’s wrong with you, duizhang?” said Roy who was busy making him himself warm by rubbing his arms with his palms. He was only wearing cotton long-sleeved tee and trunks since he did not have any idea if they would work out outside the apartment building. “We slept over our bedtime last night then we woke up too early this morning. Do you want to make us sick?”

“I want to make us healthy in fact,” said Karry calmly. “Let’s jog together!” After saying that, the oldest of the three boys jogged before Jackson and Roy. “Don’t think about going back to dorm or I won’t be nice at you two anymore,” he warned when he saw the two boys did not move from their places.

“Hhh… what a bad Sunday we have today…” mumbled Roy. “Come on, Jack! Let’s make it over in fast.”

“You go first!” said Jackson. He looked lifeless at the time because of the sleepiness still took over his body. “I will catch up you two from behind.”

“Nah~ let’s just do it together,” Roy said then he extended his hand to Jackson. “You said it was so cold, so maybe my hand can warm you up,” he explained after he saw the slightly younger one frown at him because of his hand move.

Jackson laughed after he heard those words then he pushed Roy’s hand away. “It’s ok. I still can handle it. It was just an excuse anyway, but thanks! You’re so kind,” he said. Then he gradually did not feel sleepy anymore because of his laughter.

“Hey, you two! Stop flirting to each other and follow me instead!” shouted Karry from the distance.

“We’re not!” Roy shouted back and then he huffed in annoyance. “He’s being bossy again.”

Jackson shook his head, showing his disagreement. “He’s always being bossy. All the time. Days and nights.”

 

***

 

After jogging together, Karry asked Roy and Jackson to go cycling around the park near their apartment building. The two younger boys, who were still panting with exhaustion, could only nod because they did not want to make the leader disappointed. Cycling was good for their body too and it had been a while they had not had time to work out together outside.

The three boys started to ride their bikes slowly at first, but then the paces of theirs gradually fastened. They made a cycling race around the park. It was fun at the beginning, but shortly after that Karry gave up to follow the race. He could not ride his bike anymore because his feet felt numb after cycling too much and too fast.

“Be careful!” Karry shouted at Roy and Jackson who were still doing cycling race.

Because they were so absorbed with the race, both Roy and Jackson did not listen to Karry’s words and kept on shouting at each other happily instead.

“Catch me if you can, Derp Roy~” teased Jackson. He led the way by cycling before Roy. “You’re being a snail now.”

“I’m not!” shouted Roy. Then he fastened his pace to catch after Jackson, but the slightly younger one rode his bike even faster. Roy clicked his tongue with annoyance to see that. How could I beat him? He thought.

Jackson was laughing so hard after making Roy upset. “Does it mean I’m the winner?” he shouted then he turned his face to see the slightly older one behind him. “Why are you so slow, Mr. Wang?”

Roy groaned for being teased like that by Jackson. He was about to respond to the slightly younger one before his sight caught up on something. “God! Xiao Jack, watch out!” he warned.

“What’s – oh!” Jackson suddenly fell from his bike after he hit a bench park so hard. He groaned painfully as he rubbed on his knees that started bleeding since he wore only loose shorts.

Roy hurriedly rode his bike faster. “Oh, God! Jackson, are you okay?” He abruptly threw his bike aside and checked on Jackson.

“This is the result of disobeying my words,” suddenly Karry’s voice was heard by Jackson and Roy. Without their knowledge, the leader rode his bike faster after he saw the accident even though he was too tired to do that. He felt his feet numb, but he did not care of them. All he cared was only Jackson.

“What should we do?” asked Roy to Karry in panic after he saw blood come out of Jackson’s knees.

Karry did not respond. He took his mini towel that wrapped around his neck and he tied it around Jackson’s left knee. “Give me yours!” he asked to Roy.

“Give you what?” asked Roy confusedly.

“Your towel! What else?”

“Oh.” Then Roy took his towel and gave it to Karry who then tied it around Jackson’s right knee. “Can you move your leg, Jack?”

“I guess yes, but it hurts,” Jackson said.

“Let’s just go back home and take care of your knees,” said Karry. “Roy, take Jackson with you. I’ll take his bike with me.”

 

***

 

“What a day!” exclaimed Roy after he put some bandages on Jackson’s knees. “Get well soon, Xiao Jack~” he said then he messed up with the slightly younger one’s hair.

“Ugh, I will,” said Jackson as he pushed Roy’s hand from his hair. “And stop babying me.”

“I’m not babying you,” Roy shrugged. Then they heard the bathroom door creak opened and Karry walked out of there casually. “Hey, Karry, why did you ruined our precious Sunday morning?” he asked as the leader walked towards them while drying his hair with a towel. The leader just finished bathing.

“I’m not,” Karry said casually. “I just wanted to make something different to do on Sunday morning with you guys. It’s boring sleeping all day,” he continued then he sat next to Jackson. “Plus, it’s been a while we did not work out like that, right?”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Jackson said. “But now my knees are hurt.”

“That’s because you didn’t listen to me,” Karry said as he pushed Jackson’s head to the right lightly. “I’ve warned you guys to be careful, but you were like children who played like there was no tomorrow. It’s good that you only hurt your knees, not your entire body.”

“Okay, I was wrong. I’m sorry…” Jackson said as he looked down at the floor.

“Me too. Sorry…” said Roy.

Karry chuckled to see the two boys’ reactions. “It’s okay. Just don’t do that again next time,” he said. “How are your knees? Do you feel better?” he asked to Jackson.

Jackson nodded. “A bit. At least I still can walk by myself,” he said.

“That’s good,” said Karry. “Too bad we can’t continue my plan…”

“What plan?” cut Roy. His eyes looked at Karry suspiciously.

Karry smiled at Roy then looked at the two boys one by one. “I planned to go swimming with you guys after cycling, but I guess Jackson can’t move his legs freely so…”

“No more plan, okay? God, I’m so tired!” said Roy, cutting Karry’s words, then he leaned his back on the couch. “You should make some fun plans like watching tv, playing video games…”

“That’s boring!” cut Karry. “I want to do some things with you guys that need our bodies move. It’s refreshing, you know?”

“Huh, refreshing you said,” Roy mocked as he got up from the couch. “I’m going to take a bath and sleep after that. And please don’t disturb me!” he said to Karry then he went to his room to take his towel before walking to the bathroom.

“You’re kind indeed, Xiao Kai,” said Jackson as he yawned. “But you don’t have to plan anything at all.” He then laid his body on the couch with his feet on Karry’s lap.

“Are you going to sleep here?” Karry asked when he saw Jackson slowly closed his eyes.

Jackson hummed in response.

“Don’t you feel like to take a bath or eat first?” Karry asked again.

“Nah, I’m so tired, duizhang~” Jackson whined, still with his eyes closed. “I’ll do those things after I wake up later.”

“Alright, as you wish, Chief Jack,” Karry chuckled then he got up from the couch after he put Jackson’s feet on the couch. “Sleep tight!” he said as he messed up with the younger one’s hair before he went to his room to have a sleep too. He should admit that he was also tired and he felt like not to continue his plan he made last night. Maybe I will do that next time, he thought before he fell asleep.

 

***

-The End-

so, how was the story? :)