A Little Bit Less Okay

Confused Robots On Not Exactly Wednesday

 

Very quickly it turns out that there is no way to fix anything. The robots’ personalities stay as they are, as they’re not supposed to be.

As in, Tao is being concerned and shy and just cute and Joonmyun keeps patting his head and almost cuddling him. It’s difficult to leave him under Chanyeol’s care when Joonmyun focuses on glaring at Jongdae who’s trying to search through the computer in hope to find something that’d make everything okay.

Joonmyun doesn’t worry about Kyungsoo, who seems to be perfectly fine to be left alone. Joonmyun knows that personality, he programmed it himself, he knows Kyungsoo won’t cause any trouble.

“Hyungie?” Jongdae starts as his last hope dies.

“What,” Joonmyun growls, turning back from watching Kyungsoo tidying up Joonmyun’s desk.

“I-“ Jongdae gulps. He’s never imagined Joonmyun could be this scary. “They’re done. You personally made it, so they can’t be modified. There’s no way around that.”

Joonmyun sighs as he sits on the chair next to Jongdae’s.

“So in the end it’s my fault we can’t fixed them? Poo.” He closes his eyes and lies his hand onto the desk. “I screwed up.”

“Well, I did,” Jongdae corrects quietly. He doesn’t like reminding Joonmyun of that, but he’d rather his hyung doesn’t blame himself.

“Exactly.” Joonmyun lifts his head enough to glare at Jongdae. “You did. It’s your fault. It’s totally yours fault that they are-“

“Is something wrong with us, Joonmyunnie-hyung?” Tao asks as he sits down next to Joonmyun putting his hand on the leader’s.

Even Kyungsoo looks up, waiting for the answer.

Joonmyun shakes his head.

“Not at all. You’re just perfect. My greatest creation,” Joonmyun assures him, smiling immediately.

Tao beams at Joonmyun, who can’t figure out how this dangerously looking robot can have such an adorable smile. They made him so he looks scary, but then he turns out like this, too.

“Wow,” they hear Chanyeol’s loud voice and look toward the big guy. “My desk has never been this clean.” He grins at Kyungsoo. “And, hey, I can still find everything. Awesome organized. Thanks, Kyungsoo, you’re the best.” Chanyeol pats the robot’s shoulder clumsily.

Kyungsoo stares at him for a moment, then to the desk and his own hands. He looks confused.

“Wait, so you can still clean? And maybe- Can you cook? Do you know recipes and all?” Joonmyun sits up. Maybe they’re not so screwed.

Kyungsoo thinks for a moment and nods, looking even more disgruntled.

“Great.” He grabs a pen and throws it at Tao, who catches it smoothly with a quick move of his hand.

“We might be okay in the end,” Joonmyun says, a smile starting to form on his face. “I mean, we programmed the abilities separately. We installed them a week ago. Their skills are separate. Tao is still the dangerous kung-fu-“

“Wushu,” Tao says immediately and then looks confused like he doesn’t know where that came from.

“- master and Kyungsoo is the home robot everybody wants.” He grins.

Kyungsoo glares at Joonmyun, not liking the sound of that.

“We’ll be okay.” Joonmyun grins. “We just have to-“

Whatever they have to is interrupted by a high-pitched scream which they quickly figure out is Tao’s.

“Take this bug away from me!” Terrified Tao screams and runs away from the little fly to hide behind way shorter Kyungsoo.

Joonmyun’s grin drops.

Okay, maybe they will be a little bit less okay.