Doubtful

All I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

doubtful

***

 


“Joo...”

A gentle voice called Irene that was still in a deep sleep. 

Bogum softly looked at his girlfriend that was sleeping soundly on his arm. Waking up beside Irene was one of his favorite things to see after he opened his eyes in the morning. His heart always reacted the same whenever her soft hands wrapping his waist.

“Hmm...” She mumbled slowly, still closing her eyes.

Bogum slightly chuckled because of her reaction. A week already passed and Irene was still staying at his place since her parents would back to Korea next week. He knew she was tired because of the works at his cafe and he always warned her to stop if she’s tired but her answer would be the same.

“I’m one of your employees so I need to work hard too. Like the others.” 

Sighing heavily, he was really grateful for having Irene as his girlfriend. He moved closer to her face before gently kissed her forehead.

“Kiss me without my permission?” 

A smile appeared automatically on his face automatically after he heard her voice. “That’s the way how to wake you up, baby.”

“What time is it?”

“10am.” He answered.

Irene widened her eyes in surprise. “What?! I’m late!” She was about to get off from the bed but Bogum quickly held her back.

“Hey, hey. Where do you want to go?”

She looked at him. “Work.”

Hearing her replies, Bogum laughed. “Joo, it’s 8am actually.” He widely showed his gummy smile.

Irene bit her lower lips as she shot a glare at him after knowing that he lied to her. “I hate you, Park Bogum-shi.” 

“But I love you, Bae Joohyun-shi.” He replied sweetly.

“Go take a shower and I’ll prepare for the breakfast.” She rushed him. 

Nodding obediently, he reached his towel as he headed towards the bathroom. But then, before he stepped into the bathroom, he gave a quick peck on Irene’s cheek.

“Love you!” He stormed into the bathroom. 

She shook her head before giggled softly as she touched her cheek that was kissed by Bogum. She was about to get off from the bed but noticing that her hair was untied, her eyes searched for her hairband around the tiny table beside the bed.

Irene opened the first drawer, hoping that her hairband would be there. “Now where’s my hairband?” She groaned frustratedly as she was about to close the drawer but then her eyes spotted a small mysterious brown box.

‘I never see this box before.’

She had an urge feeling to open the box but she knew she shouldn’t touch Bogum’s things without his permission. But, the word of 'MEMORIES' on top of the box made her tempted. 

Slowly, her hand took the box out from the drawer. The mixed feelings inside her made her thought for awhile.

‘If I open this box, it’s like I’m intruding his privacy. But I can learn more about Bogum if there’s his memories in this box.’

Brushing off all the thoughts, she opened the box. Her heart softened when she saw the pictures of a happy family and she knew the little baby in the picture was Bogum.

curled into a small smile as her eyes looked at his parents. His mother was really pretty and had such a pretty smile. On top of that, his father had a really sharp features in handsome way. 

“No wonder he’s good looking...” She mumbled softly.

After looking at his family pictures, she looked at the picture of Bogum, Yoobi and Chanwoo that were smiling happily during their graduation of high school days. 

But then, her finger stopped at the next picture. There’s Bogum who’s wearing his high school uniform and a young girl hugged his arm affectionately. 

‘Who is she?’ She thought and couldn’t help but felt jealous when she looked at the picture. 

The girl was really cute and seeing Bogum standing beside her made them look like a pretty couple. Besides, his smile was really wide and happy. 

‘Was she his ex girlfriend? But, Bogum said he never dated before?’

She flipped over the picture and her eyes widened when she read the sentence at the side of the picture.

Oppa, I’ll come back for you. Wait for me and I love you oppa.  – Yoojung. 

Her fingers and lips trembled right after she looked at the next picture.

The same girl with Bogum and there’s an old woman too, were smiling happily when Bogum and the girl kissed her cheeks. Irene flipped the picture.

Oppa, thank you for coming and the kimchi stew. Grandma really likes it. Promise me that you will open your own cafe in future. Don’t forget me, oppa! 
– Yoojung.

She knew. 

The girl must be really special in Bogum’s life because he kept their picture till now just like how he kept his parents and his best friends’ pictures with him. And, he kept his promise with her to open a cafe.

Knowing the truth, her feelings and heart were hurt. She was extremely jealous of the girl and all of sudden, she felt insecure about herself.

She’s older than him but the girl was younger than him.
She’s awkward but the girl was bubbly and cheerful.
She’s unsociable but the girl was friendly especially around Yoobi and Chanwoo.

Hurt. That was the word that could describe her at that moment. She’s indeed happy that Bogum became a successful young businessman after he opened the cafe. But knowing the real reason of opening the cafe made her heart even hurt.

‘Why he never told me about this girl?’ She doubted.

She quickly put the box back inside the right place, afraid that Bogum would come out sooner. Irene didn’t knew if she could face him after this like she normally did. 

Feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter