Three

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

After the day you’ve had, you need to run.  Running helps clear your head and you have so many things to think about but all you can think about is one….MIN YOONGI.  As you get closer to the court you realize you probably aren’t going to get in your run as the sound of a basketball bouncing on the court becomes clear.

Once Yoongi comes into view, you freeze.  He must have come straight here after his last schedule; he still has on his stage costume. You can barely hold yourself together when you see him.  He looks so good in a snap back and the leather pants with the oversized t-shirt along with the Jordan’s, it’s just too much to handle.  This is probably not a good idea, there are SO MANY reasons why this is not a good idea.  You feel stupid for thinking that he may have held the slightest bit of interest and you turn to leave.   

“HEY!” You hear from behind you.  “I’ve been waiting for you” 

Why has he been waiting for you?  Why is he making this hard for you? 

You turn around and walk slowly back to the courts.  As you step onto the court he bounces the ball at you.  This time you catch it and shoot it into the rim, nothing but net.  Ha, lucky shot.

Yoongi looks at you very impressed.  “Much better than last time” He says as he retrieves the ball.  There are a few seconds of awkward silence, you just can’t think of anything to say.  Yoongi fiddles with the ball a little as he looks at the floor.  “I’m sorry I couldn’t make it back.  We’ve been so busy with this last comeback.” “Why are you apologizing to me, we only talked once, you don’t have to explain” you say cutting him off.  “I know” he says in an irritated tone. “But I wanted to come back, I wanted to see you.  I was looking forward to a match with you.”

You look at him shocked half at his tone and half at his words.  You grab the ball out of his hands and run under the hoop shooting the ball and making it in again.  “That makes it 2-0 me.  First to 10 wins” you tell him, hoping to change the subject and to see him smile.  It works. 

Yoongi insists on walking you home after the impromptu game of basketball.  “I was really excited when I saw you at the company today.  I didn’t think I would get to see you again after the last time at the courts.  Then you didn’t even notice me when I walked in.”  He tells you with a friendly tug of your hair and a wink.  “I had been thinking about you so much I couldn’t even focus on what was going on around me.  I couldn’t stop wondering about what had happened to you.”  You stop, realizing what you’re saying… confessing to him like this, it flows out too easily.  He makes it so easy.  You turn your head a bit and look at him out of the corner of your eye.

He’s stopped and is facing you now.  He grabs your shoulders, turns you to face him and lifts your face so you’re looking at him.  “I’m not going to make you wonder anymore” He kisses you gently on the forehead.  Your body aches at his kiss; this simple kiss makes your knees weak.   All of the reason why this wouldn’t work flies right out of your head, you could care less now.  Yoongi grabs your hand and you both continue on you way. 

You arrive at your door, after walking the rest of the way to your house hand in hand with Yoongi.  Your head has cleared a bit now and you have some of your senses back.  “Can I come in to say goodbye” he asks you.  You can tell he is nervous about being seen.  His fears aren’t unfounded; there is no way he can get caught up in a scandal.  This just reminds you of all the reasons why this won’t work.  You open the door and let him walk in first. 

Before you’ve even left the entrance of the house you tell him “Yoongi, this isn’t a good idea, what if we get caught? Your fans would probably hunt me down.” “Babe, don’t worry, Jongkook, Jimin and Namjoon have all the crazy fans.” He says with a laugh.  “Yoongi, I’m being serious”  you say with a pout.  “Hey, I’m not going to let anything happen to you and I’m not letting you go either so you are just going to have to deal with me.” 

He grabs your hand and pulls you into the living room, flopping onto the couch.  Pulling you down next to him and into his arms.  “Babe, I’m tired, it’s been a long day and it’s too late for me to go to the studio.  Let’s just lay here like……”  He is out before he even finishes his sentence.  You smile at him and wrap your arms around his waist.  His arms tighten around you, making you snuggle your face even deeper into his chest. 

When you wake up in the morning your arms are empty but Yoongi has left his bandana behind.  You pull it next to your cheek, it has the scent of Yoongi on it.  This is definitely getting worked into the outfit today.